I hope this is true: rumor, ADR window moving back to 180 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

gk90

Mom to Sorcerer Mickey fan and Donald's #1 fan!
Having planned our DVC stay a year in advance and made the booking at 7 months out, only to face frustrating waits when trying to book ADRs at 90 days, I would love to see this come true:

"Yet Another Rumor: Disney Dining Moving Back To 180 Day Booking Window
by Len Testa

We hear from a source inside Disney that they’ll be moving back to a 180-day booking window for sit-down restaurants, possibly around November, due to guest demand. We could be completely wrong."

http://blog.touringplans.com/2009/0...ving-back-to-180-day-booking-window/#comments

That would be great! Although November will be too late to help with our January trip but that's okay...hopefully it comes through for the next time around!:goodvibes

I agree. Yes, it would give an advantage to those of us who know where we are staying 7 months in advance, but honestly, even at 90 days, I HATE having to decide exactly where I want to eat all my sit down meals. I mean, I do it, because it's necessity, but I really do hate it.

I wouldn't mind as long as they start releasing the park hours 180 days out again.

Personally, I think it's totally unnecessary. It won't make things any easier, because whatever the date is, whether 60 days out, 90 days out, 180 days out, or a year out, you still have the same chance (or lack thereof) of getting the ADR's you want. They could make it as close as 45 days out, and I wouldn't complain about it.

I would like to see them give more of a head start to on property guests vs. off property guests. If you are staying on property, and especially if you buy one of the dining plans, you know you will be eating most if not all of your meals on property. So you should have top priority. If they were going 180 for on property and keeping it at 90 for off property, I think that would be fair.

I wouldn't mind as long as they start releasing the park hours 180 days out again.

Exactly Steve!
There is a difference between the 90 and 180.
I used to love the 180 because we love to plan way ahead and know where and what we are doing.When the switch came to 90 I was one of the complainers .Now that I have the park hours in hand,the planning is so much easier.We can get in more fun and not move around as much because of shorter hours in a park and enjoy our stay so much more.We also have seen no difference in getting what we want at 90 days compared to 180.
All I can say to the people who are worried about the 90 day window who haven't tried it yet is don't worry it's really ok.:lovey think you will find it so much more convenient in planning your whole trip around when everything else is open.

We are hoping and praying that it goes back to 180 because I think someone who has long term plans for trips, who makes the commitment to disney should have the oppurtunity to finalize plans and not get their plans disturbed by later bookers and free dining.

I guess it's a matter of preference I miss the days pre DDP when I could decide on Monday where I wanted to eat later in the week. or how about walking up to resturant and getting a seat.

I guess it's a matter of preference I miss the days pre DDP when I could decide on Monday where I wanted to eat later in the week. or how about walking up to resturant and getting a seat.

:thumbsup2

I hate having to plan any meals that far out, and even so, I don't book 1 TS every day. Generally I book 3 or 4 TS for lunch during our trips of 8 or 9 days. I can usually get the location within 20 minutes of my desired times, but not always.

We were always the travelers that decided that morning what park we wanted to go to that day, and then would book a meal. I miss those days. To me, it is a vacation if it is too well planned...you might as well be on a group tour where you have no input or options. I invited friends with us to OKW many years ago that had each meal and ride planned out. They had never been and had followed a "plan" from a book. Never, ever, again.

I love the 180 planning.... sorry!:confused3 Personally I think getting "hosed" by free dining is maddening!!!!!!!:headache:

I agree!! Bring back the 180!! Expecially for DVC as we book so far in advance...we make the commitment and then at 90 days can't get our meals because the free diners got them? please. It really is crazy!!

I agree. Yes, it would give an advantage to those of us who know where we are staying 7 months in advance, but honestly, even at 90 days, I HATE having to decide exactly where I want to eat all my sit down meals. I mean, I do it, because it's necessity, but I really do hate it.

:thumbsup2. As long as I can have the park hours before I need to call for ADR's I'll deal with it. I don't like planning TS meals 90-180 days out, but that's how the game works so I'll deal with it. Part of the "magical" experience of WDW. :rotfl2:

ITA. I was so glad when it moved back to 90 days! I really, REALLY hope this isn't true.

I don't mind the 90 days, but with free dining, it's a free for all. I usually do one ADR per day. But when they offer free dining, those that would not have booked sit down meals, especially at the more expensive restaurants, dash to make those ADRs.
I've had wonderful meals at Coral Reef, for instance, during regular dining times. But, the time I ate there, when free dining was going on, was abysmal...huge noisy crowds, kids running all over and screaming (as in crying due to fatigue).

I have no problem with free dining, per se....but it does make ADRs hard to come by at the 'nicer' spots. I wish Disney would allow those of us who aren't allowed to have free dining (DVC owners staying on points) book our ADRs a week ahead. I guess that would have us booking at 100 days out vs 90 days. But, that will never happen.

Ahhhhhh - that was bliss!!

I have two comments:

First, I don't think there is any question that 180 days would be beneficial to DVC owners. We tend to plan at least that far ahead, and this would give us a leg up...especially for those who have to go during the summer or during Free Dining.

Second - if I'm not mistaken, Disney Dining announced when they made the change to 90 days that it was only going to be temporary and that they would go back to 180 days later. I'm not sure what the rationale was, but I think it may have had something to do with the implementation of online ADRs.

Personally, I think it's totally unnecessary. It won't make things any easier, because whatever the date is, whether 60 days out, 90 days out, 180 days out, or a year out, you still have the same chance (or lack thereof) of getting the ADR's you want. They could make it as close as 45 days out, and I wouldn't complain about it.

I would like to see them give more of a head start to on property guests vs. off property guests. If you are staying on property, and especially if you buy one of the dining plans, you know you will be eating most if not all of your meals on property. So you should have top priority. If they were going 180 for on property and keeping it at 90 for off property, I think that would be fair.

AMEN to that. It should be a property perk.

180 days would also force me to book early & save $ for the trip. That would also be a plus for Disney. I'm sure many people would start booking early too. Oh heck, just put me down for 1 per year. It could be like making a dentist appt. before you leave the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter