I hope our suitcases

justjudy

DIS Veteran
are enjoying their evening at Kidani Village! We were supposed to fly out of Islip airport at 9:30 a.m. today for our week at Kidani. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and high winds forced Southwest to cancel all but the 7:20 a.m. and 5:35 p.m. flights. We were told we could book the 5:35 flight, but it, too, might not fly , so we booked the first flight out tomorrow. HOWEVER, our bags are luckier than we are -- they were put on the early morning flight!! Thankfully they have the DME tags on them, so they are resting comfortably at Kidani Bell Services! The worst news of all is that all my makeup is in the suitcase:scared1:!! It's not going to be a pretty flight!!:scared:

:lmao:

Sorry you're stuck until morning, I'm assuming you're back home or are you still at the airport?

BTW - don't worry about how you look... you're on vacation for pete's sake! :goodvibes

Have a good flight!

I am laughing uncontrollably. I'm so sorry your flight was delayed until tomorrow, hopefully you can add the day on the other end. Better getting there safe than having a flight from "you know where".
This exact situation happened to us and I don't have to tell you how I looked when we checked in. I still think about it every time I pack. I now will not travel without a pressed powder, lipliner, and eyeliner in my pocketbook....just in case. And a "Hair Doodle or barrett". I don't know how that CM kept a straight face...we were all discombobolated.
Wishing you a great vacation:flower3:

I wish I was your suit case. Nice and warm at Disney. You know there having fun without you. I bet their at the pool bar partying with other luggage. I'm starting to hate your luggage kick them when you get there. :rotfl2:

This afternoon/evening all flights to/from east coast and Dayton were cancelled. DH made it to Houston. I hope you have clear skies for flying tomorrow.
What did MS say? There's that "rule" about losing your whole reservations if you don't show up that they mention when you book....how does that work in a case like this?

Bobbi:goodvibes

What did MS say? There's that "rule" about losing your whole reservations if you don't show up that they mention when you book....how does that work in a case like this?

I think you just have to be certain to call and let them - or maybe it's let the hotel itself - know that you were delayed but will still be coming.

I was wondering if the OP did this - I hope so!

Good luck! I'm sure it will all work out tomorrow and things will look much better from "that side.":thumbsup2

That happened to me last year on American out of Dallas. I wanted to fly standby on an earlier flight. I went to the gate, here they were some bumping people due to weight & balance (it was a CRJ). Ok, I didn't make it, I'll wait for my scheduled flight. I get to my airport and there's my luggage sitting in baggage claim by the office! It made the earlier flight! It's a shame people got bumped for weight but they allowed luggage for someone not on the flight to go!

I actually had my bag go to London once without me. Weather delays in Chicago caused me to cancel my flight out of Seattle, because I would miss my connection in Chicago to London. But the bags stayed on the plane. American Airlines assured me they would stop the bags in Chicago, nope. My bag spent 3 glorious weeks in London before I could navigate the American Airlines paperwork and baggage personnel end arounds before my bag ended its glorious European vacation.

Then get this, upon arrival in Seattle someone picked up by mistake and did not realize their mistake until they got to their house 80 miles outside of Seattle, which added a bit of fun for my bag's vacation. I'll never forget that odyssey (well, my bag probably considers it a much more fun odyssey than I do)

This afternoon/evening all flights to/from east coast and Dayton were cancelled. DH made it to Houston. I hope you have clear skies for flying tomorrow.

We called MS as soon as we got home and they said they would flag our reservation and not to worry. Of course, I will worry until we are safely checked in. Hope our bags enjoyed our ADR at Sanaa last night. I was able to get an ADR for Saturday night, so we'll try it out then. Weather looks good today (as of 4 a.m.) so it should be a go!

We called MS as soon as we got home and they said they would flag our reservation and not to worry. Of course, I will worry until we are safely checked in. Hope our bags enjoyed our ADR at Sanaa last night. I was able to get an ADR for Saturday night, so we'll try it out then. Weather looks good today (as of 4 a.m.) so it should be a go!

:thumbsup2Great! Here in Dayton we have an inch of new snow and something is coming down. Enjoy your vacation!!!!

Good luck! Hope you make it there today! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter