• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Have To Say... (about Epic Mickey)

Santa brought it to my house and I'm enjoying it thus far, although I have not had much time to play yet. I'm currently "fighting" one of the steam pipes....there is just one I can't seem to get paint on, I got the others fixed, but just can't seem to hit the right spot on another one. I really like the fact that you are collecting e-tickets....but that coolness seemed to be lost on everyone else in the house.

Is it where the 2 pipes are next to each other in the area with the Dumbo ride? Jump up on the pipe to get the second one.

Love the game. The guide is definitely worth it and my 2 boys have helped me a lot.

I am finding that I am always missing things but by the time that I attempt to go back and complete another task the game locks me out. For example, I wanted to fix the steam pipes but I think I did something a little differently and failed the quest because some monster locked the door. Eek.

Santa brought our family a copy of Epic Mickey. I plan to try it out tonight. Can't wait!

I finally got a chance to try it last night. Oh my gosh - I feel so dumb! I have a hard time controlling things with my left hand, so it took me a while and then sometimes the game just got stuck. Not sure what that's about. But I love to watch Mickey run around! He's so cute.

I will be playing this game for years (cause it will take me that long to get through the quests) or I will quit in frustration! We've had a lot of fun with it so far.

LOVE this game! Took me forever to figure out how to manipulate the camera angle, but finally got it... Still on that horrid "Small World" area and cannot get where I know I need to be. Mickey has hit the thinner about a zillion times. :sad1: I am so buying that guide book!

Skip buying the guide and when you get stuck just Google what stage you are having an issue with. Most of the time you can find a YouTube clip showing you exactly what to do or you can find a walk-through online. I will admit that I had to do this for one level and, even though I didn't have the time to play this weekend, thanks to the wonders of an online guide I now know what I need to do to defeat the Mad Doctor.

I bought it yesterday with my Birthday money... I have yet to play it however DS7 LOVES it!!

What is the guide book?
Does the game not come with instructions?

What is the guide book?
Does the game not come with instructions?

Pete mentioned this during his review, but several companies like Game Soft make guidebooks with walkthroughs and tips and tricks. They really come in handy especially when you are really into the game. They're far different from the instructions sheet the game comes with. That only tells you the back story and basic controls.

Just bought this game for myself. Very happy because I found it at Walmart for 10$ cheaper than everywhere else. :thumbsup2

Right now DH is trying it out and seems to like it. DD11 is giving us advice, she'll get her turn to try it next (how bad is it that we the adults tried it before her? :rotfl:).

DD got it for Christmas, she is a hard core gamer, and wasn't too sure at first (She won't play anything unless the reviews are good). Luckily I had ordered it b/c when she read the reviews she wanted it.

Anyway, she mentioned all of the same issues that Pete mentioned, (camera angle, controller issues), but she really loves this game. She is so charmed by the Magic Kingdom "references" b/c that is her fav. park.

I want to try it, but I am not a gamer by any means, so I don't know if I'll like it. I'll let you all know what I think!

First things first, Target has Epic for only $39.99 this week in my area (Florida). I just went today to get my price adjustment since I bought it for $49.99 last week.

After a few slow hours (I'm not a gamer), I got stuck trying to figure out how to get to the overhead walkways in Small World. To be fair, I failed a few missions, since I couldn't figure those out either and Small World was just so tempting! Anyways, I've ordered the guide, only to find the walk through link in this thread later on...

Even after all of that....I am determined to finish the game! With this week of from work, I'm going to actually use the Wii I bought years ago and has been collecting dust ever since. I can't wait! (games do end, right? I never even managed to finish Oregon Trail - I was "too busy to play games" even when I was 8 :lmao:)

Got it yesterday, was only about the equivalent of $25 so can't complain about the price!
I'm enjoying the game, but I just wish the people who designed the camera and controls had done as good a job as the people who came up with the concept and styling of the game!!
Also, having not played my wii for a looooong time, I'd forgotten who 'poor' the graphics are on this console! Would have loved to have seen it on ps3 or xbox as I don't think the wii remote/nunchuck control are particularly integral to the game :)

:goodvibes

I got this for Christmas and love it, even though I have yet to even make it out of the first castle. Yup - I am a stinky gamer :)

My 18 yr old son bought this for me for Christmas--I don't know who was more excited about that-him or me. This was his first Christmas with his own hard earned money to spend and he is a big gamer so he was totally pumped about being able to get me a game he knew I'd like.
It is rather difficult for me because I never play these types of games. Just the coordination alone is a challenge :/ My son is around when I play so I can pass him the controls when I get in a pickle, which is fine by me. I want to enjoy it, not get frustrated enough to quit. It is a very cool game and I have been enjoying it a great deal. Gives us something to do together too, which is cool.
Usually I am a specatator unless its Wii Resort or something.

I've been playing this game a lot over the past few days. I am a BIG TIME gamer, and I was worried about the reviews I was reading complaining about the camera angle etc.

Well, I love the game. I don't think the camera is that bad - I've definitely played games with much worse camera control. Not to say this game is perfect, far from it, but the camera is fine. The only thing that's annoying me is going back and forth between the little projector levels so many times. If they make a sequel (based on Epcot, perhaps?) you should be able to skip these after completing them if you want to.

I'm just catching up with the podcasts and have just hit the review, and that, along with your comments make me even more excited. Ordered it online in the sales on Boxing Day, so am waiting for it to turn up. Now to somehow steal back my Wii from my sister, who's been borrowing it since Easter.

On another note, with the Camera issues, Pete makes a remark that Warren Spector should have known about it, it's very possibly that he did, but (from minor experience, and my own research in the Games Industry), sometimes these issues are found in the final stage of the games production and is often too late or fixing the "bug" could cause more issues and thus get left in the game. But that's just a theory. :)

OK, so I finally had some more time to play last night and I still couldn't fix one of the steam pipes, so I finally just moved on only to be "scolded" later. "You didn't fix all the pipes...........Quest Failed", great, thanks, way to make me feel like a loser! Only later did I find that you can jump and paint/thin at the same time, essentially "spraying" your paint/thinner.........geez........wish I would have figured that out about an hour ago! This game could seriously take all my time, if I actually let it!

The occasional frustration with controls and cameras take second stage to the fun of fighting a boss battle with 'It's a Small World' music playing, or seeing the partners statue with Oswald and Walt :)

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter