I have to have some recipes from Ohana! Anyone?

tkyes

<font color=purple>DIS Earth Angel! :)<br><font c
Does anyone know how they make their peanut sauce? That stuff is to die for!!

Also - I overheard the waitress tell someone that the dipping sauce is just a jar of caramel - but she told them how they thin it out a bit and I didn't hear that part! Do they add something or do they just heat it?

Can anyone help?

Tamie

Let me check on that peanut sauce recipe for you. If I don't have it on my website I might have the recipe at home.

As for the caramel sauce, yes it's just regular sauce (like Marzetti brand) thinned down with a bit of milk. I asked our waitress in May and that was what she told me.

You might like this recipe (served with Chicken Satay) from the Food & Wine Festival. I'll also check for more recipes at home. :D

Peanut Sauce

4 oz. peanut butter
1 oz. peanuts, coarsely ground
1 oz. vinegar
1 oz. sugar
1/2 oz. chili oil
1 oz. coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
6 to 8 oz. water

Mix all ingredients together and cook until boiling.

Here's another recipe from O'Hanas. It's their popular sesame dressing with peanut butter.

Toasted Sesame Soy Sauce Dressing

2 t. vegetable oil
1/4 C finely chopped onion
1/4 C. soy sauce
1 T. plus 1 1/2 t. sweet rice wine
1 T. plus 1 1/2 t. peanut butter
1 T. sugar
1 1/2 t. toasted sesame seeds

In a small nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for about 7 minutes or until lightly browned.

Transfer the onion to a blender, add the soy sauce, sweet rice wine, peanut butter, sugar and sesame seeds and blend until smooth. The sauce may thicken on standing. If desired, thin with water or broth. Use immediately or store, covered and chilled, for up to two weeks.

Cool! Thanks guys - those sound great.

Not that I'm surprised, but holy moly that peanut sauce doesn't sound very healthy! Good thing I was on vacation or I might feel a little guilty about us getting 3 bowls of the stuff :rolleyes:

tamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter