I have the best DVC rep EVER..... UPDATE

moredisneyplease

Working towards more DVC!
I added on 160 AKL at DVC's first west coast party back in May and ended up getting/picking a week long Maui vacation for early December as a bonus! I was absolutley thrilled at the add on discount, the 2 free APs, and the Maui trip.

Anyways, we've been looking in to airline tickets from LA to Maui and have been blown away at the extremely high ticket prices :scared1: of well over $800 a ticket. With a family of four we've decided that we just can't afford to put that kind of money toward this when we could put it towards paying down the DVC!!

I've been in contact w/ my DVC rep here in LA (my original one was in FL and I just didnt like him) and she's looking in to other possibilities for us. I had called her not to ask for something else but just to let her know that we wouldnt be using it and to put it back in to whatever Concierge Collection bucket it came from.. ....of course if we could get something else (even one night at a DL hotel) it would be better than nothing.

She said to give her a few days so she could see what she can do. Keep your fingers crossed :goodvibes

By the way, we did rec' our APs :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

A few years ago we used our DVC points to trade for a week in Hawaii. When we went to book airfare we, too, were shocked at the prices. We ended up re-trading the week and going to Sedona, AZ instead.

Our rep is also on the west coast and she is fantastic. Maybe we have the same one?;)

I find this subject very interesting. We attended the West Coast Member event in May. We happen to just be there getting off the DCL Panama Crossing Cruise so we attended the event last minute. We were going to buy an add on of 160 pts IF we could have gotten a trip to Hawaii out of it. All of the Hawaii offerings were gone so we ended up only buying 100 pts. Now to find out someone who took one of the Hawaii offerings is not going to use it...all I can do is wonder!!!

I understand why you could not take a family of 4 with airline prices so high right now but we have been saving our flight miles for a while just to go to Hawaii. Oh well, guess it was not in the cards for us to go there yet.

I do hope you get something good from your DVC guide instead...I have my fingers crossed for you!

:cheer2:

I find this subject very interesting. We attended the West Coast Member event in May. We happen to just be there getting off the DCL Panama Crossing Cruise so we attended the event last minute. We were going to buy an add on of 160 pts IF we could have gotten a trip to Hawaii out of it. All of the Hawaii offerings were gone so we ended up only buying 100 pts. Now to find out someone who took one of the Hawaii offerings is not going to use it...all I can do is wonder!!!

I understand why you could not take a family of 4 with airline prices so high right now but we have been saving our flight miles for a while just to go to Hawaii. Oh well, guess it was not in the cards for us to go there yet.

I do hope you get something good from your DVC guide instead...I have my fingers crossed for you!

:cheer2:

DO'H......I'm so sorry I took one of those trips!! We had all intentions of going but with the collapse of ATA and ALOHA air and with rising gas prices it has driven those Hawaiin flights sky high. We can get to HNL for $600 ish but to go that extra island (Maui) just makes the price insane! :headache:

I'll keep you posted as to what happens.

LD sounds like my guide. She used to be in Florida but they transferred her to California. But I still bought an add on at WDW through her in California. I really like her, too.

What dates are you looking at in Dec? US Airways is showing a total fare of $542.90 LAX/OGG, Dec. 1-10

Thanks for the post about the airfare! I went to US Airway's website and looked at the dates for that week (12/7-12/14) and w/ fees/taxes it comes to $754 total....which is better than $900!

We'll see what my options are. I'd love to do Hawaii so keep your fingers crossed!

So we ended up sticking with our week in Hawaii on the West side of Maui :lovestruc but a week earlier as the price was significantly cheaper. The price of the tickets has come down (now $522 taxes and all) and DH has decided to go for 5 of the 7 days and leave the kiddos behind! It will be our second honeymoon :banana: and we're thrilled! :love:

**on a side note, my rep is still awesome and was soooo patient with me while we mulled over all of our amazing choses through II!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter