I have many trips to scrap...how do YOU do it? by trip? by park?

queenlizzie

<font color=red>long live the queen!<br><font colo
I've been to the World 8 times in the past 6 years. I have a billion pics and of course I have a lot of the same pics from every trip...the castle, the fireworks, landmarks, favorite places etc. How would you scrap them? I'm thinking about doing it by park with the very best pics and just placing dates underneath the pics with my peeps in them so I know what year they're from. Maybe I could make a page at the beginning with the details of each trip...who went, what year, where we stayed etc. What do you think? I really don't want 8 very similar albums, and I'll always have the pics separated by trip in the computer.....any thoughts???

I scrap chronologically so I do by trip in an album by itself. So I'm no help. I do try to pick something new each time to scrap, like 2010 trip was Christmas trees and food.

The other ladies here have done ABC books, ones like you are planning on by park with combined trips.

I am sure others will along shortly with their awesomeness.

I have a master Disney scrapbook album that is arranged by park, resort, restaurant, events (parades, fireworks, parties) and even transportation since I always take pics on the boats and monorail. My goal is to make pages for every ride we go on. Like you we have a million pics from similar spots and I didn't want to make the same album over and over.

I go so often and normally only for a few days at a time so I have a scrapbook for each park and some special trips I will do an album for. I also have separate books for restaurants, characters, and any of the parties we go to.

Rebecca

I have done by trips so far. I am thinking of starting a character album and putting the year on the page. For my upcoming trip I am planning to do an ABC album so that it is different from the past albums. I always try to get different pictures as well as the usual ones.

I think organizing by park would work. I like the idea of using pics from all the trips and adding the year, also the pages with the details of each trip.

Good luck!

I have only been twice so one for each park & one with travel, water parks hotel all in it for both trips. - so there are 10 albums on the shelf in the living room that is all Disney.

working on the next set now

I would do it by park... and put I think you may have a daughter (by your signature)... can you do it by showing how she grew thru these trips?

We have gone numberous times, but the first trip got a huge album.

The next trips just got a few pages (up to 10) just mixed in the family year albums.

Do you do conventional 12x12 pages? Have you thought about going with a hybrid system? Hybrid meaning using the We R Memory Keepers page protectors with all the different layout configurations? (or even becky higgins' project life page protectors?)

I have completely gone over to the WRMK and PL way of scrapping. AND I have the flexiblity of doing a doing a 12x12 page if I want to, but I don't HAVE to. And even if I was doing a 12x12 spread, I can't just scrap one or two pictures on the page, I squeeze as many as I can fit! That's my style. So I guess it would depend on YOUR style of scrapping.

I would do it by park, that will keep it from going insane.
Design your layouts before you print which will keep the numbers down.

You can even subdivide the parks by lands.

I did an ABC album for each of the kids for Christmas and I've combined all of the trips. It actually turned out really well.
The last page said something like 8 trips and counting and had a collage of pictures that we take at the Mickey/Minnie statue in the pin shop at DTD. We take a picture there on every trip.

Here is a list we compiled here on the DIS of ABC ideas if you decide to go that way.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1457364

I do it by trip, each trip for us has had a very special meaning, so it works out well that way. We also try to do different things each trip. I do have several sets of Chef Mickey pages though :lmao:

I'm not much of an album scrapbooker. I really feel like it gets to be a chore when I have to work on specific pages that are all from the same event. Hence no gift albums this year. Or so I've promised myself. Instead, I print all my pics as I go, separate them into sandwich baggies with a note with pertinent info and stick them into my photo box. Then when I'm ready to scrap, I dig through the box and pull what grabs my attention. It's not the most productive way to scrap, but it keeps me from getting bored and shutting down completely.

I do like the idea of multiple years on the same page though. A cool way to see how things and people change.

In regards to multiple pictures of the same things, I don't usually use them unless they are really good quality and they have people in them (that I know). Or if they are part of a larger layout and help tell the story. I just don't need a castle layout for each individual trip.

thanks for the ideas! I get totally overwhelmed when I have so many pictures! you guys are great!

I usually pre-scrap the trip then pick the pictures to go on it (then crop how they will fit)

When I get home from a trip, I spend the first day or two writing a detailed journal of what we did. I think my last one was 22 single spaced typed pages. :scared1: Then I divide up that journaling to hide under photos on the pages I do. When I'm done, it sort of reads like a book.

I've really only finished 3 trips like this, but have 2 more in progress. Since I have the journaling done on a couple more, I can go back and finish any time the spirit moves me.

I have started scrapbooking my trips. I use We R memory keeper albums and photo sleeves. They are built to slide in 4x6 photos. But they also have many more photo sleeve configurations. you can add larger journal blocks or larger photos. I have started to scrap mine in order. But where you have many more trips I like the idea of grouping parks together.

I do it by trips but find the books get smaller each time because so many of the pictures look the same or have already been scrapped.

I think your wedding trip you should do as a stand alone! Either that, or just turn your whole trip report into a photobook!

What kind of camera did you use, anyway? Those castle at night photos are AMAZING!

I think since you have been so many times in just three years that separating your photos by parks would save you a lot of sanity and repetition. The one time I did it by park, it was very freeing! (And I'm a hard core chronological girl!) I didn't worry about exact dates, just designed cute layouts for Fantasyland, Frontierland, Future World, etc. The project went waaaaay faster than trying to reinvent the wheel every time we did something in Tomorrowland.

Good luck and have fun! Post pictures!

I think your wedding trip you should do as a stand alone! Either that, or just turn your whole trip report into a photobook!

What kind of camera did you use, anyway? Those castle at night photos are AMAZING!

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but was your question directed at me? You didn't quote anyone, but I have a trip report about my wedding :lmao:

Or am I being a little "I bet you think this song is about you" here :rotfl:

I do albums for each trip but there is usually something new that we have done on that trip that gets more attention than regular pictures. I hate to put away my albums though, so I have done some 12x12 pages with lots of pics and the year and put them in scrapbooking picture frames so that I can look at them every day! I have found them at Michaels and AC Moore (I think), some of them are even red or black so perfect for Disney pics.

This is something I've struggled with lately as I am just starting to scrap my multitudes of Disney trips. I've decided to do two separate books. One will be trip specific with a summary page for each trip (with info about the trip like the dates, where we stayed, who went, etc.) and then pages specific to that trip following. The second book will be a more general book and include pages that span multiple trips (one example being a page dedicated to all the time I've gotten a picture taken with Piglet).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter