1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

I have contract ADD lol

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by DisneyFansInLINY, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisneyFansInLINY

    DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1,024
    So originally I was going to take a break from looking into buying DVC over the period of Lent to figure out what contract would be best for us as I have contract ADD lol. But I am too addicted to these boards and to the resale websites. First it was how many points we needed going from 300 to 100 and then to 150. Then it was which property going from OKW to BWV to AKV and now to SSR. And now my problem is that I keep putting in offers and then if a day or so passes without hearing back on my offer, I lose interest in the contract and find another contract I like better. So I call up the realtor and cancel my other offer to put in a new offer for a different contract. She has noticed my ADD lol. Anyway, it has been about 1.5 days and I didn't hear back on my other offer and I realize it will take longer than expected as it is a bankruptcy thing going through a lawyer. So naturally with my ADD, I cannot wait that long and then I noticed something I like better. The other contract is stripped but this was is fully loaded. I am realizing I like fully loaded better than stripped. And as for use years, I have went through every month lol.
     
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.



    to hide this adverts.
  3. Sur

    Sur Love the Dis

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2013
    Messages:
    942
    You've got it BAD! I remember you saying you gave up for Lent.

    Totally addicted! (So am I).:coffee:
     
  4. CarolMN

    CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 1999
    Messages:
    23,516
    You are too funny, LOL.

    To save yourself and the brokers some grief, perhaps consider putting a time limit on your offer when you submit it to the broker. For example, this offer is good for xx hours or until 5 pm Eastern tomorrow, etc.

    Hope you find something.
     
  5. DisneyFansInLINY

    DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1,024
    Thank you. I did that with my offer before my last offer and it worked well. And then with this last offer, the broker knows my ADD so she told me I should hear back from her within 2 days. I think she knows after 2 days, I have no interest. But I am realizing that since they have to contact an attorney, it will take longer than 2 days. I found a few posts about bankruptcy listings and really do not have the patience for it. As they didn't hear back on their offer for weeks! I could never wait that long lol.
     
  6. Sur

    Sur Love the Dis

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2013
    Messages:
    942
    Wait 'til ROFR! Seems like an eternity!
     
  7. DisneyFansInLINY

    DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1,024
    I will probably have to take up smoking by then lol
     
  8. DisneyFansInLINY

    DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1,024
    Well my ADD has caused me to lose credibility with my offers lol. I just cancelled the offer on the other contract and wanted to make a new offer on a different contract. The realtor asked me if I was sure this time and not going to retract my offer because if I had any doubt then she did not want to put my offer in. And so I explained that I was absolutely sure this time. Now my question is, I have gone back and forth between 2 realtors at the same company. Does it matter who I make the offers with or is that something they have to work out? I don't want to offend either one of them. The first offer I made was with the one I just made an offer with now. The other offers have been with the other realtor.
     
  9. rojen

    rojen Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2012
    Messages:
    89
    This is exactly what I did, wasn't hearing on offers for days. Really bugged me since I'd see other contracts I wanted to offer on come up and get sold before I heard back on the first one. Putting the time limit on it really sped up the process.

    Also, don't be afraid to drop any of the brokers from consideration. Two of the four kinda did me wrong, so I stopped offering on their listings. There are tons of contracts out there, no reason to buy one that isn't what you're looking for.
     
  10. DisneyFansInLINY

    DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1,024
    Thank you for your post. I was feeling kinda bad after having spoken to the broker. I have thought about telling her that her attitude is a bit unprofessional. DH is in sales and my SIL is a real estate agent. They deal with people changing their minds all of the time and/or wanting to see a house or sit down and discuss their financial options without the end result being a sale. However, they treat every client the same as to never burn a bridge. I like the broker's co-worker much better as she had the patience to deal with me and if she was annoyed with me, she never let on about it. I wish she had answered the phone or returned my call before I made the offer with miss attitude. But I will write a letter or email when all is said and done to put her in her place :)
     
  11. lovin'fl

    lovin'fl DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2011
    Messages:
    4,181
    What contract are you offering on? Good luck...I hope they get back to you in a reasonable time. I wouldn't deal with a bankruptcy either.
     
  12. DisneyFansInLINY

    DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1,024
    Thank you. SSR 150 points Dec 2012 300 points, Dec 2013 150 points asking price $63.33. I didn't offer asking price. There was another off for $54 per point but my offer was higher.
     
  13. nalajms

    nalajms DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2012
    Messages:
    1,448
    I've had varying experience from different brokers in the same company. So if you find one that works well with you, just deal with that one! :thumbsup2

    The brokers can usually tell you which sellers respond quickly. There's no reason you should lose the chance at a new listing because sellers were dragging their feet.
     
  14. ELMC

    ELMC DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,981
    I think you should make choices. Choose the one broker at that company you want to deal with and deal only with her. Choose a contract that you want and make an offer on it. You are making jokes about your "ADD" but it's not funny really. Nothing about what you have posted here make me think that you are a serious buyer. I'm guessing that the brokers are making this inference as well.

    With all due respect, after reading your posts in this thread, I don't think the broker has done anything wrong. You admittedly have a track record of withdrawing offers after the broker takes them to the seller. The broker has a fiduciary responsibility to the transaction, and that includes vetting potential buyers. I don't think she did anything wrong by trying to gauge whether or not you were serious about this purchase. With regards to the statement in bold, that is simply uncalled for.
     
  15. DougEMG

    DougEMG DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1,828
    Good luck with your offer, just be careful you don't get into a bidding war (which happened to me a couple of times :( )

    When making the offer, just tell the broker the offer is only good for a set amount of time, pick what makes you happy, say 2 days.
     
  16. DisneyFansInLINY

    DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1,024

    What I want to say to you is prohibited but use your imagination :rotfl:
     
  17. DisneyFansInLINY

    DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1,024
    Thank you. I won't go for the contract if it gets into a bidding war as I know what I want to spend and that is all that I will offer. Well before I put an offer in on this one, I asked how long until I hear back and she said she is hoping to hear back today. So I hope so because I told her I cannot wait until Monday.
     
  18. ELMC

    ELMC DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,981
    I'm sorry that you did not like what I had to say, but that doesn't make it untrue. If you wish to continue this discourse privately, please feel free to send me a PM or email using the communication features found here on the DIS.
     
  19. DisneyFansInLINY

    DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1,024
    No, but thank you anyway. I really do not mind; as those are your opinions and not facts :)
     
  20. DisneyFansInLINY

    DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1,024
    I just heard back from the realtor and the seller doesn't want to make a decision yet! He is going away and will not be back until next Friday. Since I really like this contract I told the realtor I want to keep my offer in. But I did tell her that I will be checking for other contracts that are similar to this one. And should I find one before the seller of the other contract makes a decision, I will be withdrawing my that offer to make a new one. She completely agreed and even asked me if there were any others that caught my attention and told me to keep checking. Her attitude was different just now and I like her better now. I wonder if she saw this thread lol.
     
  21. BeachLove

    BeachLove Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2012
    Messages:
    315
    I'm just happy I didn't become a realtor!:rotfl2:


    You just need to put in a respond by x time when making an offer. I did the same thing and it worked perfectly. Good luck
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page