I Have Been Scanning Slides...minor vent!

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
I bought a scanner and I have finally gotten around to scanning photos and slides taken years ago. My father passed away in 1975. on one trip they went to Disney World because that is what it was in the early 70's. My brother went with my parents. I was already out of the house. I have scanned hundreds of photos. My father took pictures of anything and everything. I have pictures of every campground that they ever hauled a tent or a trailer too. (all camp sites look alike). I have pictures of a few hotel rooms, hotel pools, highways, other people's boats, lots of the family, so that part is fine. Pictures of gator world, trees, shrubs, turkeys, strip malls, cars, busses, trains, bridges, draw bridges, water, beaches and now I am getting to the last row of slides. There are maybe 100 left to do. I have seen a few pictures of WDW. The castle. Main St USA after dark, fire works, but if there aren't any more pictures of WDW, which was only the Magic Kingdom by the time I am done, I am going to scream, "Dad, what were you thinking!! You went to Disney World"! :rotfl2:

...you need THIS, my friend:
th_DrinkingWine.gif

hehehehehe

don't feel bad, I have been doing the same thing with all my slides.

except that I took the bulk of them.

The ones from Hong Kong are pretty good, and the ones of Vietnam and other subjects bring back memories!

..and then there are ones that I can't figure out WHY I took them.

(a picture of a tree in the P.I.?)

we are starting the ones where Mother in law had gone on several cruises, and took pictures of people that are a mystery to us as to who they are.

Okay, I did find about a dozen WDW pics. THAT'S ALL? What I did find however was worth it. A shot of a submarine from 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. All of you Disneyphiles will know that when Walt opened Disneyland, he had a bigger submarine fleet than the Soviet Union!

Okay, I did find about a dozen WDW pics. THAT'S ALL?

I inherited all of my mom's pictures, and there are NO pictures at all from our Disneyland trip(s). I've now asked my dad if he has pictures from the times HE took us, but I'm not holding my breath!

I have a funny feeling that any pictures taken on the trip(s) with my mom were tossed in anger after first stepdad took off (since he would have been in those pictures). Aughhhhh.

I'm glad you have a few!

What type of scanner do you have to scan the slides? I also have boxes of my dads slides and would love to do something with them.

What type of scanner do you have to scan the slides? I also have boxes of my dads slides and would love to do something with them.

In addition to two flatbed scanners (I use for larger pictures, etc.)

I also have this:

http://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=19138

It will not take the very old disc film, which I have a ton of from the 70's before I changed to 35mm film/slides. ( I have a LOT of older Disneyland photos on that format) but I did find out tht target stores will convert them onto a photo CD so I will go that route!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter