I have been dreading today...Update..He's gone.

Keep us in your thoughts & prayers.

Just an update to say he's crossed Rainbow Bridge. Before we made the final trip in the car, we gave him one last roll of toilet paper! :hug: to all of us who have ever lost a fur covered family member.

TC

I've been following your posts about Hunter, your update really brought tears to my eyes (but a smile too about the toilet paper) :hug: you will be in our thoughts and prayers

Ruthie

I'm so sorry :sad1: God bless you and your family for being so kind and humane as to know when it's time to let go. My thoughts are with you :hug:

Haven't read the whole of the thread but wanted to say to TC and GrandMum particularly how you and your families will be in my thoughts and prayers this evening. I only got as far as reading about GrandMum's loss today and couldn't continue with the thread for tears.

All of us who have loved and lost animals know exactly how their passing affects us. It is devastating.

I hope it isn't too soon that you can remember them with tears of joy, rather than tears of pain.

Jackie:hug:

Having just went through this a month ago with our 7yo yellow lab, Doc, I know exactly how you feel. It still hurts my heart. :(

I am so very, very sorry, Tuffcookie. {{{hugs}}}

I'm so sorry. :sad1:

And Brenda, I did not know you lost Doc too. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Today is our chocolate lab Remus' birthday - he's 1 today. I guess he'll get an extra hug from me today . . .

Very sorry, Cindy, to hear about Hunter. My best to you and Alex. :hug: And you also, GrandMum, and Brenda too. :hug: Did not know about Doc. :(

rbowx.gif
Rainbow Bridge
rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

www.petloss.com

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

I am so sorry. I have been there myself and I know how much it hurts. At that time I said I would not get another dog, that only lasted 3 months. We now have two wonderful cocker spaniels but we still miss our first baby. RIP

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how hard today was. We put down our yellow lab last July. She was also young. Brain tumor. She was our special "heart dog," one of those really special pets that you're lucky enough to know hopefully more than once in a lifetime. I cried reading your post, as well as everyone's supportive notes.

Hunter's not in pain anymore. You did the right thing. :grouphug:

My heart goes out to you. My dog, Allie, died last month. She would have been 15 in August. It's very hard when a pet dies. Give yourself time to grieve. Allie (her ashes) now sit in an urn on our mantle, and somehow that helps.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It hurts the heart to come home and not have that tail (and body) wagging at the door. You have my sympathy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter