• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have become a Disney snob. :(

I am too. Growing up we stayed off premise, then switched to the Mk deluxe and villas where SSR is. My parents were FL res so they got deals. But my fav was to stay near the Mk.

After getting married we stayed at the values........ 2 kids later and another stay at the values and we bought DVC.. So spoiled with the one bedrm.......full kitchen, king size bed, separate rooms, washer/dryer and fantastic locations. However, I hate staying in a studio at the deludes now.......yes I know.......Spoiled:rolleyes1

I wouldn't necessarily call it being a snob because I feel the same way. I have stayed in a family suite at ASMu twice and the beds are rock hard and I didn't sleep worth a crap. I told DH no more value rooms.

So we bought Wyndham timeshare points so that we can stay at Bonnet Creek every time we go. Much nicer accommodations.

I don't think I would ever stay in a Disney deluxe unless it was a one bedroom or bigger and then I would not be willing to pay $300 or $400 a night. SO I will pay maintenance fees on my timeshare that turns out to cost us about $75 a night for a 3 bedroom condo.

I completely understand your "plight." We started using the Starwood American Express card a few years ago and now we only stay at the Swan on points (that means free). It is so luxurious.

But...our first stay was at All Star Music and we had a fabulous time. We were a young married couple and we drank around the world. We had so much fun catching the bus (or enjoying the pool) with the young families with kids bursting with enthusiasm!

You may not be over-the-moon excited now, but just wait until you get there. That Disney Magic is infectious.

You said you're going again within the next year and staying at a higher resort, right? If all else fails, look at this solo trip as the first part of your "split stay" with a reaaaallly long break in the middle. If it makes you feel better, we stayed in a Cars Suite at AoA earlier this year with family and I'm worried that staying at ASMusic won't be as 'magical', too. Yet I'm just excited to be going again! Maybe once you're closer to the trip the excitement will just come naturally.

Ever since we started staying deluxe, and especially with CL our trips got way more relaxing and enjoyable. We didn't realize how rushed and crazed we had been before. That's just us, but Disney became more enjoyable than we could have imagined. Now, DH won't go any other way.

I was just explaining this to a family member the other day who has never stayed deluxe. She told me they never spend time in their room/at the resort. I was trying to tell her when I have been lucky enough to go on a deluxe trip I find I spend much more time at the resort and have a much more relaxed vacation.

To the OP, I am sure you will have a wonderful time staying at the ASMu once you get there. It is hard going back down from a deluxe or even a mod resort but I have found once I arrive, I spend my time enjoying it. Have a blast!

We've stayed@ PO Riverside, WL Comp, CSR. What's up with Caribbean Beach? Why the negatives ( I'm thinking about staying there)

I actually liked the theming of CBR. I only rule it out because it still does not have queen sized beds, unless they have undergone a recent renovation I missed out on. For the same money I will choose POR or POFQ every time given that they have queen beds. Once CBR gets queen size beds I will consider it again

Well, I am not the only person to have found your post rude. You have been quoted by others, not just me. Your original response seems to suggest that you would appreciate ONE trip and (perhaps) be glad staying at the Days Inn (no mention of your stay at the POLY)... It appears you are slamming the OP for not being appreciative for going four times to WDW, but you failed to mention that you have been a few times yourself.

But didn't add a post talking about how I have a trip planned and don't appreciate it. Just sayin... Think about others and how their situation allows them 1 ... Maybe no.. Vacation ever... And how they would love to stay anywhere.

But didn't add a post talking about how I have a trip planned and don't appreciate it. Just sayin... Think about others and how their situation allows them 1 ... Maybe no.. Vacation ever... And how they would love to stay anywhere.

And think of the people who would love a home to sleep in or a meal to eat every day... Yes, this is a first world problem but I think it's rude to dismiss any complaints that are about anything other than basic needs.

You need to excuse yourself at this point. I hadn't answered anything you said because you have the right to an opinion, and your first post reminded me of my gratitude for my position in life. But I didn't EVER say that I didn't appreciate my trips, I said I felt disappointed not staying deluxe and going to a value instead after several trips deluxe - and others have commiserated at this point, so I definitely feel better. There are other personal things going on that influenced that first post as well, and I'm definitely feeling happier with my trip and excited.

I am more grateful than you'll ever know. I don't find you to be welcome in this thread, so I'm not sure why you're sticking around at this point except to argue. I will not address you again, and I hope others ignore you as well.

You need to excuse yourself at this point. I hadn't answered anything you said because you have the right to an opinion, and your first post reminded me of my gratitude for my position in life. But I didn't EVER say that I didn't appreciate my trips, I said I felt disappointed not staying deluxe and going to a value instead after several trips deluxe - and others have commiserated at this point, so I definitely feel better. There are other personal things going on that influenced that first post as well, and I'm definitely feeling happier with my trip and excited.

I am more grateful than you'll ever know. I don't find you to be welcome in this thread, so I'm not sure why you're sticking around at this point except to argue. I will not address you again, and I hope others ignore you as well.

Take the time to read your own thoughts.

Take the time to read your own thoughts.

This is a Disney resort message board! What exactly are you expecting? It's not like the OP said they went down to the homeless shelter, kicked some sand in a single mother's eye and lamented their Disney problems. He/She simply stated that it would be difficult to go from a deluxe back down to a value. Something that many people here can appreciate. If you don't like hearing people talking about this type of thing, I'm thinking you might have found the wrong place.

Sorry OP, I will now honor your request to no longer address this poster.

I get it....which is why we keep staying value, for now. ;) DH and I are relatively young and our kids are young. We stay in the parks all day and only come back to the room to crash for naps or bedtime. I don't think we would be able to appreciate the perks of a mod or especially, deluxe. We have always had nice, clean, comfortable rooms at the values. We just love being at WDW! Plus, we're trying to save for retirement. Deluxe resorts can wait!

I completely agree!! I have wanted to stay at Poly for as long as I can remember!! But since our kids are young, they would really love the Value themes! For now we are using the money difference for all of the character meals. They are only little once!! I know in 5-10 years when the kids are older, we will all enjoy Poly together!!

Hey I'd be snobby if I could afford to be, so I think if you can afford to be - go for it! As they say, you can't take it with you.

I have too :( My first visit in 10 years was at AK Jambo.... in a value villa!! Talk about lucky. I was also upgraded with a savannah view that I didn't pay for. This past Feb I stayed at WL and it was nice but I didn't have the space I had at AKL. Now I'm looking for another trip for Feb 2014 and it's hard to not book a hotel that only requires a boat trip to MK. I have an almost 6 yr old so while the other parks are nice, majority of our time is spent in MK.

*sigh*

I totally get it. When DH and I first were married we were looking for the cheapest off site resort and time share deals to make it down there. The we stayed at the Swan with a teacher discount and it changed everything. I love walking to two parks....then after walking by SAB for years we stayed at BC and now that's where I always want to stay. I will still stay at S/D but prefer BC

Wondering if we are missing out on our resort time especially since we are doing BC this time around. Problem is we are only at the world for 6 1/2 days.

We have one morning where we will be eating b/fast at cape may and then hanging at pool only for a couple of hours before heading to a park.

Wondering if we should find time to enjoy more of the resort. We will be making a couple hours one night to check out bwi at night.

So question is:

adult only or with kids:

# of days in world:

Resort:

length of time at resort:

You will want more resort time. BC is amazing:goodvibes

Know how you guys feel :) It was really weird when my family went from the Poly to POR, because we've literally never stayed at any other resort! We missed the monorail access of the Poly. Now my mom really misses the Poly so we're definitely going back there next trip. Mother knows best :rotfl2: see what I did there?

ZehnJahren said:
Back in 2010, we stayed at POFQ.

My solo trip in 2011 I stayed at AKL.

In October 2011 we did one night at Pop and the rest at CR.

In September 2012, we stayed one night at ASSports, three nights at YC, and three nights at OKW.

I just booked a 4 night full 5 days, impromptu, free-dining-fueled solo trip for early November. I wasn't going to go this year, but I figured I could go ahead and get my annual pass now to use on our big trip next year. But because we're going on a big trip next year, I decided to stay at ASMusic this year.

I just can't get myself excited about ASMusic! I'm going to be at Disney, but I keep wishing I was staying at CR, or YC, or even AKL... Knock some sense into me! I never even stayed on property when I was a kid, and now I'm disappointed if I'm not deluxe! Our plan is to hopefully stay BWV next October, so it's not too long until my next fancy shmancy trip...

I did look into renting points, but prices have gone up. I want to be excited about Disney! I am looking forward to the parks but NOT the room. Guess Stacy plays on all TVs equally, right? :snooty:

Have you crunched numbers for bonnet creek or waldorf? Partic for b/c, if renting points (rather than reserving directly through hotel), may even be cheaper

who cares if the OP is not psyched for the trip because of the resort........omg, then don't go...........there, I helped you. The most ridiculous post yet!

so let me get this straight, your going to Disney, solo, without your kids?
You booked the All Stars, and you did it at your own free will right? No one forced you? And now you want people to talk you into staying there? Am I missing something here????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
are we serious here?

Back in 2010, we stayed at POFQ.

My solo trip in 2011 I stayed at AKL.

In October 2011 we did one night at Pop and the rest at CR.

In September 2012, we stayed one night at ASSports, three nights at YC, and three nights at OKW.

I just booked a 4 night full 5 days, impromptu, free-dining-fueled solo trip for early November. I wasn't going to go this year, but I figured I could go ahead and get my annual pass now to use on our big trip next year. But because we're going on a big trip next year, I decided to stay at ASMusic this year.

I just can't get myself excited about ASMusic! I'm going to be at Disney, but I keep wishing I was staying at CR, or YC, or even AKL... Knock some sense into me! I never even stayed on property when I was a kid, and now I'm disappointed if I'm not deluxe! Our plan is to hopefully stay BWV next October, so it's not too long until my next fancy shmancy trip...

I did look into renting points, but prices have gone up. I want to be excited about Disney! I am looking forward to the parks but NOT the room. Guess Stacy plays on all TVs equally, right? :snooty:

I think you have answered your own post, if you aren't excited then change to a resort that will excite you. Value resorts are just that, can't expect all the extras you get from the deluxe or even the moderate resorts. Walt wanted everyone to be able to enjoy his parks, that is why there are resorts with three price and service levels, right? Pick the one that best fits you and your budget and have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter