• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have an impossible waitlist, but endless hope!

I have a waitlist for one night in October at BWV. I check availability every now and then on the DVC Member site. At 6:00 am this morning I was checking availability and there it was, available for the night and room type I wanted. I couldn't book online(not enough points) and member services doesn't open until 9:00 am. I checked again around 8:30 am and it was still there. I called MS at 9:00 and of course they tell me there is no availability. I explained how it showed as available earlier in the morning. I asked why would it show available if I have a waitlist. They told me it must have been a glitch, but I doubt it. I'm sure I could have booked it online if I had the points available and I'm sure the reason the rooms disappeared was because others booked them this morning online. I have no trust in DVC as far as waitlists go and have never had any luck with waitlists. FYI- same thing has happened to me previously.

If you start to book it, it gets held for up to an hour, so you have time to call.

If you start to book it, it gets held for up to an hour, so you have time to call.

Yes, in hind sight I should have started to book online to hold it. My problem lies with the fact that I have a waitlist. DVC should have put my waitlist through before making the room available online. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Always have hope. I thought the waitlist for a GFV Standard View Studio for a weekend in late October was impossible but it just came through today!

Yes, in hind sight I should have started to book online to hold it. My problem lies with the fact that I have a waitlist. DVC should have put my waitlist through before making the room available online. Anyone else ever had this problem?

It's a constant complaint about the waitlist process. The waitlist seems to be processed at set times throughout the day, while cancelled rooms are available immediately. Someone could snap up a cancelled room without the waitlist being processed. At the same time, the room may have gone to someone else ahead of you on the waitlist.

Really? We are 4 points short for a 5 night stay next May at BLT. Because of that, we can't book the whole 5 nights online at 8 am when 7mo opens. So, should we book the 4 nights immediately at 8 am and start a separate reservation for the 5th night just to hold it until the phone lines open? And then the phone rep can see the reservation we started and help us finish it and then add it to the 4 night one? Will it end up as a single stay with no risk of room change?

This is very helpful info if that's true!

Really? We are 4 points short for a 5 night stay next May at BLT. Because of that, we can't book the whole 5 nights online at 8 am when 7mo opens. So, should we book the 4 nights immediately at 8 am and start a separate reservation for the 5th night just to hold it until the phone lines open? And then the phone rep can see the reservation we started and help us finish it and then add it to the 4 night one? Will it end up as a single stay with no risk of room change? This is very helpful info if that's true!

I would! I wanted to change our resort at 7 months. I decided to call in the morning instead of doing online. Mistake! That hour it is open online makes a huge difference. It was available hen I went to bed, but gone before ms opened. We didn't get it, so now we are on a waitlist.

Really? We are 4 points short for a 5 night stay next May at BLT. Because of that, we can't book the whole 5 nights online at 8 am when 7mo opens. So, should we book the 4 nights immediately at 8 am and start a separate reservation for the 5th night just to hold it until the phone lines open? And then the phone rep can see the reservation we started and help us finish it and then add it to the 4 night one? Will it end up as a single stay with no risk of room change? This is very helpful info if that's true!
Are you sure about this I thought it was only held for 20 mins and in fact I'm not even sure it holds as long as that. I tried to book and AKV club room at 11 months. I had it and went through the reservation and it crashed just as it was booking. I went back in but it was no longer available ( presumably because my crashed reservation was holding it). I shut everything down and went back in again and it was available again. I booked it and it was no longer available so I. Pretty sure I booked the last one. It was only held for about 5 minutes time I logged out and back in to retry to book. I would book what nights you can ASAP and not count on the system holding a reservation.

Are you sure about this I thought it was only held for 20 mins and in fact I'm not even sure it holds as long as that. I tried to book and AKV club room at 11 months. I had it and went through the reservation and it crashed just as it was booking. I went back in but it was no longer available ( presumably because my crashed reservation was holding it). I shut everything down and went back in again and it was available again. I booked it and it was no longer available so I. Pretty sure I booked the last one. It was only held for about 5 minutes time I logged out and back in to retry to book. I would boom what nights you can ASAP and not count on the system holdi g a reservation.
According the the booking website, "Although we will hold your offer for up to a total of 60 minutes, your booking session will end after 20 minutes of inactivity. If your session expires due to inactivity, then we will release your offer at that time so that other members may have an opportunity to book. This is the only warning you will receive regarding your offer expiration."

We wanted a lower point vacation, so instead of booking our trip, October 9th-16th, at BCV, we booked a 1-bedroom at OKW. We are owners there, and we just love it. We usually stay at BCV, but it was going to be about 50 extra points, so we decided to forego location, and just stay at OKW. They have great rooms and great parking!! So it is all good.

I did some research though, and saw that a standard view 1 bedroom at BWV was even fewer points than OKW!!! I was exactly 7 months out, so I set up a waitlist. I know in my head that the waitlist has pretty much no shot at coming through. My heart is a believer though!

I have had excellent luck in the past with wait lists coming through, but never for a week, and never during an in-demand time (like, I don't know? Food and Wine?) so I remain hopeful! I am managing my expectations, but it never hurts to hope and dream!

Anyone ever get an impossible waitlist? I need more hope!

We got an "impossible" wait list for a 1 BR at BCV for around that time. Don't give up! It was meant to be a surprise for DH (tough year at work), but I gave up when we hadn't gotten it around 33 days out, and told him in a "Well, this is what I tried to do". Surprise! The next day the wait list came through. MS called me to clarify some issues and told me that it often happens that availability really increases as that dreaded 30 days/holding issue approaches. So keep hoping!

My plan won't work because the 5th day will be beyond the 7 month window. So I can't start a standalone ressie for that after booking the first. 4 days. We'll just book the 4 and cross our fingers at 9am for adding on the last day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter