I have a stupid question for those who have tried eggnog

In eggnog do you taste the egg I keep wanting to try it but I hate the taste of eggs

There's different types of eggnog---some are uncooked (ick!!!) and others cooked.

My recipe calls for the milk, sugar and eggs be cooked. Think of a very thin vanilla pudding--I mean really thin. I flavor mine with vanilla, top with real whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg. I think adding booze ruins it:confused3 and I like alcohol!

No egg flavor. Tastes like butter rum and nutmeg :). Go to McDonald's and get an eggnog shake to break yourself in. YUMMY!!!!

No egg flavor. Tastes like butter rum and nutmeg :). Go to McDonald's and get an eggnog shake to break yourself in. YUMMY!!!!

Yes! I agree, but I am lactose intolerant and even chewable tablets don't help.

I don't like eggs either & I like a small cup of eggnog on occasion. In general I find it too sweet & rich.
Silk makes a soy eggnog. I bought it for my DD who has an egg allergy. She didn't like it but my DS said it was good.

I don't like eggs either & I like a small cup of eggnog on occasion. In general I find it too sweet & rich.
Silk makes a soy eggnog. I bought it for my DD who has an egg allergy. She didn't like it but my DS said it was good.

I have a question how can she have eggnog if she has a egg allergy I thought that was the main thing in eggnog that is why I was asking if you can taste it or not because there are things I eat daily I am sure that have egg in it that I can't taste

tinkerbellandeeyor said:
I have a question how can she have eggnog if she has a egg allergy I thought that was the main thing in eggnog that is why I was asking if you can taste it or not because there are things I eat daily I am sure that have egg in it that I can't taste

Sometimes people with food allergies can tolerate a small amount. Or it may just be a slight allergy that causes tolerable symptoms.

I like the Southern Comfort brand egg nog. (It's non-alcoholic) unlike it because its spiced well and it's not as thick as some other brands. Also... For the North East people... Stewart's has pretty good store brand.

There is no egg in Silk's eggnog.

I also cannot have dairy and I enjoy So Delicious Nog. It is made from coconut milk.

In eggnog do you taste the egg I keep wanting to try it but I hate the taste of eggs

No egg taste. They do come in different flavors. I like an occasional cup of eggnog during the holidays. Then I was introduced to Vanilla eggnog (I think it's made from Hood). Tastes just like a vanilla milk shake. I've also seen Caramel, Pumpkin, Sugar Cookie, Gingerbread and I think Cinnamon.

Maybe try a flavored one first and then try the regular flavor?

There is no egg in Silk's eggnog.

I also cannot have dairy and I enjoy So Delicious Nog. It is made from coconut milk.

No egg taste. They do come in different flavors. I like an occasional cup of eggnog during the holidays. Then I was introduced to Vanilla eggnog (I think it's made from Hood). Tastes just like a vanilla milk shake. I've also seen Caramel, Pumpkin, Sugar Cookie, Gingerbread and I think Cinnamon.

Maybe try a flavored one first and then try the regular flavor?

Thank you for the good news :goodvibes

I like the Hood light egg nog, it's not as thick as the golden egg nog.

We've gone through 4 containers so far. I'll probably get at least 6 more before they are gone for the season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter