I have a great idea!! (maybe?)

tahlanicki

Earning My Ears
Ok so here's what I'm thinking, instead of trying to pick one hotel for my honeymoon, what if we stay at AKL The night we get there, Saturday, do AK on Sunday, stay at AKL Sunday night then switch to YC, BC, or BWI for the rest of the time? I had planned on doing AK that Sunday anyways because I thought maybe it wouldn't quite as crowded as the rest are on the weekends, althought Im assuming all of them are crazy crowded. We will be there during the food and wine festival so being close to Epcot would be nice for the rest of the time....thoughts? (its my first trip so if this makes no sense at all, let me know) Also, can I use my 40% pin for a split stay? Cause if not, then my whole brilliant (?) plan is out of the question....

Great idea! People do split stays all the time. I don't see why you couldn't use your pin that way...altho I've never done a pin code, only AP discounts.

Yes, I did with our vacation in July. FYI, if you do not have an annual pass and want to do the dining plan, you have to purchase a ticket on each ressie to get the dining plan for the stay. I think this is a major pain and actually was going to cost us an additional 300 so we switched our entire stay to AK.

Erika

The DP is per night right? And we would be at the YC, BC, or BWI for 4 nights so maybe I would just do the dining plan for thos 4 days? And just get my tix with that ressie? Or even just stay at AKL Sat when we get there and do the other hotel the next 5 nights? We were planning on doing parks Sun, Mon, Tues, Weds, and Thurs so 5 days of the DP is perfect, but 4 wouldnt be enough....gosh now I love my great idea less....

If there is availability for the PIN at both of your resorts, you can use the PIN at both. If there is a minimum stay requirement, you'd have to meet the minimum at both resorts.

With regard to the question on the DP, it is per night and, to get the DP you have to have at least a one day MYW ticket (unless you're an AP holder). So, if you wanted to stay one or two nights at AKL without dining and then move to one of the Epcot resorts for 4 or 5 nights, you could do that BUT you couldn't get the park tickets associated with the Epcot resort ressie until you checked into that resort. So, you'd have to do something else for park entry on the days of your AKL stay.

Personally, especially for a honeymoon, I'd just want to get to the Epcot resort and stay there for the whole time.

The DP is per night right? And we would be at the YC, BC, or BWI for 4 nights so maybe I would just do the dining plan for thos 4 days? And just get my tix with that ressie? Or even just stay at AKL Sat when we get there and do the other hotel the next 5 nights? We were planning on doing parks Sun, Mon, Tues, Weds, and Thurs so 5 days of the DP is perfect, but 4 wouldnt be enough....gosh now I love my great idea less....

The dining plan is per night but in order to get the dining plan you have to have tickets on your room ressie. So, we originally were staying at CSR 4 nights and then moving to AKL for another 5 nights. I originally booked 8 days of tickets with the dining plan on CSR. Then, to get the dining plan for the 5 nights at AKL, I had to book a 1 day ticket at the 1 day ticket price. I kept mulling the cost for those tickets and finally called yesterday and changed the stay to all 9 nights AKL with the dining plan. It ended up costing the same as before I thought I would be saving money by doing the split stay at CSR and AKL. I hope this helps and doesn't confuse the issue. It is a pain that you cannot link the two stays together and get dining and tickets for the entire period of time.

Erika

So basically, if I got there Sat. and did AK on Sun, I would need a 1 day non hopper for that Sun, then switch to YC, BC, or BWI for 5 nights and do 6 day hoppers? So my DP would start on Sun when we check in to YC BC or BWI, so for Sat night and Sun day, we would be on our own for meals? Do I have this right? :confused3 Maybe this is a bad idea...

Sounds wonderful to me. Though I'd be hoping for YC/BC over BWI as it's closer for the F&W. Be sure to have a Grand Marnier Slushie for me while at Epcot. ;)

So basically, if I got there Sat. and did AK on Sun, I would need a 1 day non hopper for that Sun, then switch to YC, BC, or BWI for 5 nights and do 6 day hoppers? So my DP would start on Sun when we check in to YC BC or BWI, so for Sat night and Sun day, we would be on our own for meals? Do I have this right? :confused3 Maybe this is a bad idea...

It is not a bad idea. Many of us have had the same idea and it is a Great idea. Making it a reality is complicated though because of the DP. I tried to do it but eventually gave up. I was trying to do it with five people though. Maybe with two it would not be so much 'wasted money.'

Totally love the idea - we're doing it too - Dolphin, then Poly! We just can't ever decide between these two!!! ;)

Look into how much of a discount you would get if you had an AP. Sometimes the discount off sets the extra for the AP. By doing this you can get the DP on one of the reservations and not the other. It would also give you other AP discounts. This past Jan they were giving 10-20% off at certain stores. Just a thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter