I have 2 reservations for our upcoming trip...question

Disney-Kim

DIS Veteran
I have 2 rooms booked, one for us and one for my family who is going with us. Both the rooms are under my name but I want my family to be able to use their credit card/room key for their own charges.
Should I put their reservation in their name? We will be checking in first and they arrive a few hours after us.

thanks

I know that you can request that the family with you be given keys with no charging privelages! I am not sure if they will allow that room to be put on a separate cc for charging privelages.

You may want to call the resort directly.

I assume you are staying on points--when your family arrives, just go with them to the front desk, and the castmember behind the counter will be able to set up their room with their own charge priviledges. If you don't want to meet them at the desk, put the room in their names, and then you can just meet them upstairs. They can check in just like anybody else does if the ressie is in their name. If location is important(to be near you), then you still might want to help out at the desk, to be sure nothing goes wrong.

I would add their name to their room reservation. That way they could check-in without you being there. Either way, they would be able to use their own credit card for their room.

I was concerned about that myself on our upcoming trip. DS and DIL are staying with us in a 2BR. I wondered about how the charges to the room worked so I called MS and was told that DS and DIL could have their room keys tied to a their charge card and DH and I could have ours tied to our credit card. I didn't know it would be this easy!!

Originally posted by goofy4dvc
I was concerned about that myself on our upcoming trip. DS and DIL are staying with us in a 2BR. I wondered about how the charges to the room worked so I called MS and was told that DS and DIL could have their room keys tied to a their charge card and DH and I could have ours tied to our credit card. I didn't know it would be this easy!!

You may want to call the front desk of the resort you are staying at. They usually do not allow 2 cards for the same room.

They do not allow two credit cards for one room. We had a 2 bedroom at BCV the end of March and I could not put a seperate charge card on the keys my inlaws were using. I was able to get them keys they did not allow charging so only my key and my husbands charged.

As for checking in I checked in 4 rooms when we arrived a 2 bedroom and 3 studios. All the reservations also had my inlaws names on them. For the three studios when they got there later that afternoon they went to the desk and had their credit card added to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter