I Hate "This Is Us" So Much I Just Want To Scream

I feel your pain. We have a small house, and we enjoy being together in the same room, in the evening. When one of us puts something on the other doesn't care for, we try not to make it something truly objectionable, because we don't want to drive the other person out of the room. We like having each other around!

Yes, I don't mind going and doing something else, when my husband wants to watch Narcos, but he misses me. So, he tries to save his Narcos-watching for times when I have to be doing other things anyway (like making dinner).

No criticism here, OP. I totally understand not wanting to leave the room, just because the show isn't to my taste.

I have never watched This Is Us, nor do I care to...but just wanted to say (and no offense to the fans of the show)that it was helpful to see someone post that they do not care for it, as I was wondering what was so off about me that I have zero interest in , lol.

I have never watched This Is Us, nor do I care to...but just wanted to say (and no offense to the fans of the show)that it was helpful to see someone post that they do not care for it, as I was wondering what was so off about me that I have zero interest in , lol.

My wife watches it and I started to watch with her . . . but no longer. It isn't terrible. The writing and acting are average. The creators try a little too hard to be dramatic and heartwarming. It is the type of show where they can only be caring, good-hearted people for so long before boredom sets in and then the writers are forced to insert some dramatic event (probably a wedding or some infidelity) before it fizzles out. They have already conquered obesity, racism, drug addiction and homophobia in less than one season so not sure where else they can go.

My wife watches it and I started to watch with her . . . but no longer. It isn't terrible. The writing and acting are average. The creators try a little too hard to be dramatic and heartwarming. It is the type of show where they can only be caring, good-hearted people for so long before boredom sets in and then the writers are forced to insert some dramatic event (probably a wedding or some infidelity) before it fizzles out. They have already conquered obesity, racism, drug addiction and homophobia in less than one season so not sure where else they can go.
I like the show, but yeah. I can only imagine what the writers thought when they were renewed for 2 more seasons. "What are we going to do now?"

One of my favorites, Gotham, had about a 5 week break during the holidays, came back in mid January for 3 episodes, and now is on "winter break" until late April. :furious:
Ha, I am 18 episodes behind, maybe I can finally catch up :-)

I really love the show... I really didn't like a few of the characters at the beginning. While the show is progressing, so are their characters. Its REALLY GOOD!

There are lots of shows that I can't watch because their portrayal of the criminal justice process is SO not how it all works. And, sadly, people think TV and movies are real.

The 21 Jump Street movie? They get fired for not reading Miranda the moment a guy was arrested. That's not required!

The latest episode of Greys Anatomy where a defense attorney had to yell at and threaten people to get stuff done? Also not how things work.

I could go on and on.

I don't LOVE it like many do, but it's cute. I don't think it's deep at all, just...cute.

I binged watched during Christmas and I have to say that I wanted to smack Randall, HARD. Was tired of hearing him whine about how he'd been abandoned. You were not "abandoned" you crybaby, you were "adopted." No room for anything but gratitude.

He seems to have gotten over it, so I'm back on board.

Then don't watch!

So don't watch it. Problem solved.

Just light one up, pop on some Bob Marley in ear buds,lol. You can't stay mad listening to Bob.

Who are you people? OP isn't asking you to solve a problem. He's just offering an opinion about something. If you don't like his post and have nothing of substance to say, move on!

I feel your pain. We have a small house, and we enjoy being together in the same room, in the evening. When one of us puts something on the other doesn't care for, we try not to make it something truly objectionable, because we don't want to drive the other person out of the room. We like having each other around!

Yes, I don't mind going and doing something else, when my husband wants to watch Narcos, but he misses me. So, he tries to save his Narcos-watching for times when I have to be doing other things anyway (like making dinner).

No criticism here, OP. I totally understand not wanting to leave the room, just because the show isn't to my taste.

Yeah! This is us. (You see what I did there?) DH and I don't always agree on shows but we like being together. He can suffer through Finding Bigfoot for me while I rub his big feet. That's the deal. I can suffer through this show for him. We both have our limits though. I can't watch Game of Thrones or Shameless so he watches while I'm busy with something else. He can't handle anything from the Lifetime Movie Network so I watch that that before he gets home.

Who are you people? OP isn't asking you to solve a problem. He's just offering an opinion about something. If you don't like his post and have nothing of substance to say, move on!

Wait, you come on to slap ours hands for slapping the OP's hand?? Ironic!

And fwiw, my comment did have substance. I was offering a suggestion on how to solve the problem.

To answer your first question though, I'm member on a public discussion board, discussing the topic at hand. :)

I don't LOVE it like many do, but it's cute. I don't think it's deep at all, just...cute.

I binged watched during Christmas and I have to say that I wanted to smack Randall, HARD. Was tired of hearing him whine about how he'd been abandoned. You were not "abandoned" you crybaby, you were "adopted." No room for anything but gratitude.

He was originally abandoned..he was left at a fire station.

Oh heck no. The only message boards she does are Young and the Restless and Walking Dead-related.
:offtopic: Since we're here talking about the Mrs., it just occurred to me we never heard back about whether or not you took that Disney trip. Time for an update!
...They have already conquered obesity, racism, drug addiction and homophobia in less than one season so not sure where else they can go.
Oh, there's plenty of "depths to plumb" on the really important issue: Everybody is screwed up because of the mother! (Randall having been kept from his birth family, Kate's fatness, Kevin's resentment of his step-father, maybe even Jack's death.) Isn't every problem in life always the mother's fault!?!:laughing:

I watched the fist six episodes of this ridiculous show, before I realized that I want to punch Kevin and his twin sister for being such self-destructive, fragile little snowflakes. And I want to punch Randall for having the personality of a wet paper towel.

Mrs. Homie got a few episodes behind and is watching them on the DVR now. Guess what, I still hate that show. Whatever it is people see in these ridiculous, no-account characters I have no idea.

This show is stupid, stupid, STUPID.
What do you like to watch. Off Topic. My daughter and her husband live in Chicago and my new grandson smiled for the first time, the day The Cubs won The World Series. He was a very grumpy newborn, and it cracked us up that he smiled when his whole neighborhood was cheering. They live in an awesome neighborhood in Niles. Did I spell Niles right?

When did they conquer obesity? Kate is still struggling and probably will be the rest of her life, regardless of how much weight she eventually loses.

It's very normal for an adoptee to feel abandoned, in spite of the advantages and love they're given after the adoption.

[QUOTE="ronandannette, post: 57057311, member: 114787"

Oh, there's plenty of "depths to plumb" on the really important issue: Everybody is screwed up because of the mother! (Randall having been kept from his birth family, Kate's fatness, Kevin's resentment of his step-father, maybe even Jack's death.) Isn't every problem in life always the mother's fault!?!:laughing:[/QUOTE]

They have to have someone to blame.

There are lots of shows that I can't watch because their portrayal of the criminal justice process is SO not how it all works. And, sadly, people think TV and movies are real.

The 21 Jump Street movie? They get fired for not reading Miranda the moment a guy was arrested. That's not required!

The latest episode of Greys Anatomy where a defense attorney had to yell at and threaten people to get stuff done? Also not how things work.

I could go on and on.

I know quite a few defense attorneys with open space in their schedules for some Walker Hearings who would love to meet you.

Speaking of winter breaks, I had completely forgotten that Grey's Anatomy was finally back after its winter break - I realized it this morning, almost one week since it aired. I have been very "meh" on it this season. It's really gone downhill - lots of dramatic music used for not so dramatic story lines and over the top acting. I guess maybe it's always been this way and I'm outgrowing it or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter