I Hate The Rain!!!!

disney3144

Welcomed Guest<br><font color=red>Wears ruby slipp
I just needed to say that. I has been raining here in SE PA for about 3 months now!!:mad: Or at least thats what it feels like.:( I can't wait til my cruise...hopefully it will be sunny then. With my luck though, it will rain the whole time.

Thanks everyone for listening....I just needed to vent.;)

Jennifer

I feel your pain. Here in SW VA, we've had 3 days of sun in the last 3 weeks. It's getting old.

Julie

Just wanted to share with you. I work in Lionville Pa. and I agree about the lousy weather! We are anxiously awaiting our Aug. 2 western Magic cruise. Here's hoping for sunny days ahead.

we've had 1 1/2 day's in a row of sunshine this week and guess what??? it's going to rain AGAIN tomorrow... and of course my town put a water ban on!!! It rained for almost two weeks straight and yes we have a water ban... we can water out lawns ONCE a week before 8a.m and after 5pm. BUT we can still wash our cars... yeah that makes sense... use the precious water to wash your car

Thanks for letting me vent... I HATE THE RAIN TOO, especially when my 3 sump pumps in my basement are going... at least I have them aimed towards my gardens~~~

J. :wave:

It seems like we have a week of rain with one sunny day thrown in to irritate us. I think my cats are taking a cruise in my soggy basement. Think happy thoughts and dream about your cruise!!!

The past month I have been pretending I live in Seattle w/my daughter and family....LOL. Now I know ~ the rain would get old, I would eventually get depressed and probably would not survive w/o lots of sun shine ^i^. I can't help but wonder what the plan is and why the rain can't be spread out over the summer? Last year it was so dry our 500 ft deep well went dry and we had to dig a new one. Now my new lawn and flowers are so wet they are dying.
Are we ever satisfied??? Go figure!!!
:sunny: :teeth: :sunny: :smooth:

It started raining here about an hour ago. It rained last weekend. We're supposed to get up to 3 inches of rain tomorrow and possible more on the weekend.

I just bought a pair of reading sunglasses and I want to try them out at the pool!

Julie: SW VA me too. Rain, rain what can I say. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
We mow if it isn't raining and do the wedding march because the mower has such a hard time.

Any idea of what to do in the house with kids???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have run out of ideas.

Joan

Rain, Rain Go Away!! Wow, this weather sticks. I live in Sunbury Pa. Rain is bad. Temperature stinks!! Can't wait to go to Florida!!

Originally posted by joanb
Julie: SW VA me too. Rain, rain what can I say. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
We mow if it isn't raining and do the wedding march because the mower has such a hard time.

Any idea of what to do in the house with kids???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have run out of ideas.

Joan

I don't have any kids... but I keep putting in a new DVD for hubby every 2 hours... ;) How old are your kids? This would be the perfect time to teach them something that might be lost otherwise. Growing up, I learned how to sew, crochet, and can tomatoes and jelly during bad weather :)

I know what you mean about mowing... it's to the point where if there's a day without rain, I mow cause who's knows when we'll get the chance again.

Enough already....geez....

Julie

Julie, thanks for the ideas. the two at home are 12 NS 10 ns I homeschool. We have finished our books this year and if I do anything that might seem like learning they rebell. they just want to see the sun and swim.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Joan

yes i lived in altoona pa and it started to rain about 1200 noon and it hasnt stopped. Can"t wait till july 19th thats when we cruised

I believe it's going to rain for 40 days and 40 nights. Here in Pittsburgh I think we only have another 5 to go---Aug 2 can't get here fast enough. beth

The incessant rain reminds me of Ray Bradbury's The Illustrated Man, played by Rod Steiger. He is searching for a woman who filled his body with totoos that come to life. The resulting vignettes are quite profound, in my opinion. In one tatoo story, 3 (?) men crash-land on Venus - a planet where the rain never ever stops. It is easy to drown just breathing and the continuous noise of falling rain will drive a human insane. They must reach an "outpost" to survive.

Just a thought...

We've had two nice days so far, Monday and Tuesday. It is now going to rain for Wed. and Thur. It will clear a little for Friday and then this weekend-RAIN!!!!! I wouldn't mind the rain so much if it would just warm up a little. I'm not asking for much. I just don't want my heat coming on in June anymore!!:mad: I feel bad for the kids, all the end of the school year activities are designed for outdoors- field day, BBQ and they keep gettign postponed. School will be out before they can do them:(

I agree with everybody! The weather has been the absolute pits!!!! As a matter of fact it is raining right now as I type this post. It seems like fewnice days we had are during the week when I have to work. Hopefully it will be nice on Saturday since we are going to an outdoor graduation party but it doesn't look good!

I agree with Carole. Here on LI the only happy occupants are the ducks. My brother in Arizona can't buy a drop of rainwater. They are as dry as a bone. But cheer up, the next few days say only a CHANCE of a shower instead of drenching rain.

Sure makes me want to bask in that Carribbean sun............:p :p

Hi Mrs. G.

I have a brother who is in Las Vegas. He said that the temperature is 20 degrees higher than normal. I'm trying to get him to send some of the heat this way but it hasn't worked yet. Oh well, maybe we'll see the sun soon!

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
The incessant rain reminds me of Ray Bradbury's The Illustrated Man, played by Rod Steiger. He is searching for a woman who filled his body with totoos that come to life.

You mean she filled him up with little yippie Kansas dogs? :p

It's all rain and little sun here in Ohio too. Gets to ya after awhile!

Hey Judynpa.......Are you the "Judy" that works for Lionville Laboratory??? Maybe with Joe??? If so...it's Jenn. HEHE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter