I hate Pete...now I'm getting into Disney Infinity...

I've always been a pretty big gamer, big titles, big graphics. I've always been into racing games, first person shooters, etc.

At D23 I got the chance to see Infinity in person and I was hooked. So when it came out, I had to pick it up for the xbox one.

Very fun game. My fiance isn't really into games at all but we've actually spent some time together playing the Inside Out playset which is pretty good IMO, very trippy. I think this is a great family buy, something that everyone can play together and enjoy no matter what types of games you like or don't, I think this has a little something for everyone.

Here is an example of why I like it so much. I'm a HUGE Iron Man fan. HUGE Cars fan. What other game can I fly around as Iron Man and build my own version of Radiator Springs, it's awesome. Tiff likes to be Tinkerbell and build treehouses lol!

The graphics on 3.0 are much better than 2.0 and the playsets seem to be much much more developed.

With all the playsets coming out and with the Toy Box mode I think you can definitely get your entertainment value for your money here.

Here is a pic of me playing as Thor on one of my favorite vehicles in the Toy Box mode!

My husband and six year old were playing IO on the Xbox last night and said the same thing - the game is very ry very buggy!

So if I get 3.0 but don't have 2.0 that means I can't play as a Marvel character? Not sure if I understand yet! Lol. It's really unfortunate that all 3 iterations of the game are not 100% compatible

I don't have a console that can run Disney Infinity, and I'm not desperate to get something that can handle it. Thanks Pete! My wallet can't handle that right now!! ;):(

So if I get 3.0 but don't have 2.0 that means I can't play as a Marvel character? Not sure if I understand yet! Lol. It's really unfortunate that all 3 iterations of the game are not 100% compatible

There are two main modes to the game.

One is the playsets, think of traditional games, missions, etc. Only the specific characters to the playsets can play in those.

The other is the toy box mode, think more of an open world where you create the environment / game.

I'm 99% sure the characters from any past version can play in the toybox mode on 3.0.

We got the kids 2.0 for Christmas and unboxed it about 8 mos later. Now everyone is addicted. I will consider 3.0 if they make a downloadable version down the road.

I don't know how many of you have done this, but if you take a Magic Band and put it Mickey head down onto the hex disc spot, it unlocks some special goodies :)

Ok peeps, you've all had the game for a while now.
What are your thoughts on the inside out play set and the toy box takeover?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter