• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I HATE MY DISNEY VISA/ CHASE venting.....

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
This is like the 6th time this has happened since Chase took over.

I go to log in on my computer and it says I can't get in since I'm logging in from a new computer!

Uh, NO I'M NOT! I never have been on a new computer.........

We have a small balanace and as soon as I get this paid off, I canceling the card. I am so tired of this happening.......

anyone else?

I go to log in on my computer and it says I can't get in since I'm logging in from a new computer!

We have a small balanace and as soon as I get this paid off, I canceling the card. I am so tired of this happening.......

anyone else?

That happens to me with my bank account (and it isn't Chase). I think its because with many internet providers they now have floating ISPs so your number my change - I know it does with AOL - that way you aren't traced by your ISP address. So you log on and Chase (or whoever) doesn't recognize your new address as being you.

Liz

This has more to do with your IP address unless you have a static IP (doesn't ever change) then you have a dynamic one (changes often) so your bank etc will see this as a new computer because the IP address doesn't match up with your last log in.

I have this issue if I don't use Internet Explorer. I usually use Firefox when I surf and if I accidently forget to switch to IE I get that annoying message.

I have this issue if I don't use Internet Explorer. I usually use Firefox when I surf and if I accidently forget to switch to IE I get that annoying message.

The same thing happened to me. I also use Firefox and had trouble, went back to IE and it worked.

It's okay, I hate my Disney Chase Visa...In fact, mine is getting cut up. I hate the interest rate on it, I hate the Chase service, and Yes I hate having to confirm my account constantly too. :grouphug:

this is a security feature that you will be thankful for if your card was ever stolen.

it is about time that banks do something to make sure that you are not a potential victim of identity theft.

just my opinion

anyone else?

FYI, Chase didn't take over. Bank One and Chase Merged, and kept the name Chase. From what I have heard (I have friends that work for Chase), Bank One was the one that took over, they are in charge.

this is a security feature that you will be thankful for if your card was ever stolen.

it is about time that banks do something to make sure that you are not a potential victim of identity theft.

just my opinion

I have to agree with this. ::yes::

I must add, however, that there aren't enough hours in the day or words in the dictionary to describe how much I absolutely HATE Chase! :mad: This just doesn't happen to be a reason. :lmao:

It can also happen if you clear your cookies. My DH had our computer set up to delete cookies once a week, and I always had to re-register with my bank. He finally (after much complaining from me) set it so it doesn't clear cookies from my bank, just everything else.

So check your settings, if you automaticly delete your cookies, that could be your problem.

I believe it is a recently implemented security measure. Just go through the steps it asks you to and you will be fine. I had to do this a few weeks ago, and I have been fine since, and I access the account online several times a week.

FYI, Chase didn't take over. Bank One and Chase Merged, and kept the name Chase. From what I have heard (I have friends that work for Chase), Bank One was the one that took over, they are in charge.

Close, but not quite accurate. They did not merge. Chase actually bought Bank One (then, you are right, Bank One seemed to take over - they are in charge)

Suzi

We did get a new computer and when I called the stupid phone number on the screen, they wouldn't let me have any "access code" as I was 2nd on the account (DH is first). They told me to either have him call them and say it was okay to give me the access code or call when he was home. That, my friend, took over a week! When we were together in the same room, I put him on speaker phone with me and the matter was solved in 10 minutes.

They think they're making life easier for us but in reality.....NOT!

And, what about those interest rates? We have a low balance with them but I don't think I'd ever transfer balances to the Chase Disney Visa.

Hope everything goes well!

I wouldn't do any online acount activity, but that's just me. A victim of identity theft twice and once was when I booked an entire vacation on line.... at the world.

I was thinking of getting the Disney card (because of the discount offers) but now not sure.?

WF

Close, but not quite accurate. They did not merge. Chase actually bought Bank One (then, you are right, Bank One seemed to take over - they are in charge)

Suzi

These are called mergers, stocks trade hands, 2 companies become 1. The Federal Reserve Bank of NY, has computer progams to handle this, and they are considered mergers.

There have been lots of complaints on the boards lately about credit cards. I have read complaints about Chase, Capital One and Bank Of America cards. I just had a problem with Capital One. I did love them and in one day I went from that to hating them when I found out about the big raise in APR rates. I am cutting it up. Anyone happy with their credit card company? I would like to find a good one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter