I hate Disney's dining website! AHHH!

They need to give all their IT managers free trips, but for every problem the managers have booking ADRs, they should be docked a day's pay. If that doesn't work, 100,000 of us need to shave one day of on-site meals off our trips for every day Disney fails to fix its problems.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with a dining CM. I have been trying to make a reservation for Coral Reef on 11/30 online. I got on the phone with a CM who was surprised it wasn't available and then looked into it a bit further. She said that they haven't finalized the Candlelight Processional dates and thinks they are holding off making reservations until they release it. She said it is normally released by the 2nd week in July. I will need to be checking back. It's annoying but typical Disney. :)

On another thread the same thing was happening to people with trips in early to mid November which is before the Candlelight Processional starts. I was trying for R&C on 11/30 this morning and couldn't find anything from 11/27 on. This was also true for every Epcot restaurant except Akershus, LeC, and Spice Rd. Called but the CM refused to admit it was anything other than a lack of availability.

...She said that they haven't finalized the Candlelight Processional dates and thinks they are holding off making reservations until they release it. She said it is normally released by the 2nd week in July. I will need to be checking back. ...

So does that mean that they won't release any of the reservations until July? I understand you can't do the Candlelight Processional Dining until then, but does that mean that no one can make any Epcot reservations at those places from now until July?

It is extremely frustrating! I have had this happening to me for clients traveling any time at Nov.20! The castmember I spoke to also told me it was just a lack of inventory, glad to hear it isn't just me and that there is hope!

Did most of my adrs this morning, but am waiting for garden grill to show up as well as liberty tree tavern, doing some places we haven't eaten at before so looking forward to checking them out. Most of them are booked with my 2 year old granddaughter in mind though So far we have tusker for dinner, ohana breakfast and a dinner, Hollywood and vine lunch, chef mickeys dinner, askershus dinner bog lunch and the boathouse for a late night dinner but not taking the little one there. Fantasmic is packaged with Hollywood and vine Ive done it before so will babysit in order for my daughter to do it without my granddaughter. Now I wonder how many changes I will make before we go I tend to do that a lot lol
:sad2: :cloud9:

Same here as well. When we made our ADR's back in December for our trip in a few weeks I had to call and wait over 30 minutes to talk to someone because the website would only allow me to book at the 180 day mark and not beyond. I later learned there have been a lot of problems for DVC members booking beyond the 180 day mark. As much as I love Disney, their websites would be an excellent study in how NOT to do it. >:(
That would explain why I am having such trouble...

Wow! This is making me very nervous. Our 180+10 day opens this Friday. I've never had issues before but it seems like this year everyone is having difficulties with ADRs. I've been stalking Disney's site checking for openings at the 180 mark from whatever day I'm on & it seems slim pickings. It's just odd. I hope Friday I don't have any problems. After reading about all the issues, all I can think of is it's bad enough we're all having to plan what park, what day, & what time we all want to eat 6 months in advance, plus having to wake up at the crack of dawn or before to make these ADRs. The least Disney could do is get their stuff together & make sure their website & reservation system works. Goodness, the stress!!!

Such a Nightmare! People get all excited to be able to book at 180 + 10....then you can't access the site! I tried almost all day, well into the afternoon. I called twice only to have the CM's tell me there was a problem with the site and they couldn't book for me either. Finally, by late afternoon I called again and the CM was able to get into the site and I was able to get 8 out of 10 of my picks. I tried changing browsers. I tried using my Ipad. I sent an email to complain. I still can't book anything online....20 days later! The website gives a variety of messages or just goes back to the prior page. I don't know why they don't upgrade/increase their server capacity. In this day and age of technology and all the billions of dollars Disney is making....it seems they should get their act together. But....as someone else in here said...people are still booking so why spend the money to upgrade! Shame on you Disney, I'm very disappointed!

over 2 weeks now my son has been trying to get adr's but everytime he tries it says no tables avaiable for july 10th!!! even thouh i am on october adrs

Someone above mentioned LTT not being available. I found this problem this morning. I was able to get CP, but prefer LTT this time. Does anyone know why it isn't available? Sounds like there's a reason beyond just being booked up. Of course, I got my one ADR for Nov. 30 (I am at my 180 today), and now keep getting the "We are having a problem searching..." message. Fortunately, it's just DH and me this trip, so we are very flexible and don't need the super popular ressies!

Someone above mentioned LTT not being available. I found this problem this morning. I was able to get CP, but prefer LTT this time. Does anyone know why it isn't available? Sounds like there's a reason beyond just being booked up. Of course, I got my one ADR for Nov. 30 (I am at my 180 today), and now keep getting the "We are having a problem searching..." message. Fortunately, it's just DH and me this trip, so we are very flexible and don't need the super popular ressies!

I called about LTT. They said that since it is being refurbed over the summer they haven't released the tables for the fall yet. I think that they are waiting to make sure that there are no construction delays.

I was just able to get Epcot restaurants thru the end of Nov, but not available in Dec yet.

So frustrated! Trying to make my ADRs this morning, but of course the website isn't working right. All I get is "can't check availability now, try later". Tried Chrome, tried IE, tried my phone, none of it works. So I call, because that is better than nothing. "Due to high call volume, the hold time is greater then 30 mins"!!! AAAHHHH!!!!

I am so sorry that was your experience. I logged in this morning and had that error message twice and then it worked brilliantly from there. I was able to secure O'hana for breakfast, Be Our Guest for both lunch and dinner on different days and was even able to go back in at 11 EST today and change my Be Our Guest dinner to a later time.

The only thing I was unable to get was a restaurant for November 30th. I guess those Thanksgiving week people are leaving on Tuesday. :)

I really have found that the process of getting what you want is so much better over the phone!...I am not sure if that is because they can see more of what's available, or that they can see multiple times/days at a time, but the agent's system seems more streamlined, and they offer options that a machine just cannot.

According to Disney, they use a similar system and see the same availability. I am not sure how factual that is, but I have heard that at least 20 times when calling WDW DINE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter