I had to change...

TheCampbells

Mouseketeer
From the FQ to the Pop.We had two rooms booked and even though I had the 35% off for the FQ, the GC promotion would make it so the cash price is the same to switch to the Pop but I would get 2 GC for $300 each. So, $600 seems a bit more reasonable than my happiness for the FQ.. :( I just didn't think I'd be so sad once I confirmed the change.

It's my first trip back since HS and was so happy to get the pin for 35% and that I was all set. Well, at least the GC will pay for the tips at the restaurants, extra meals and souvenirs.

I'm just worried becuase I've heard such bad stories and some great of the Pop. Is all the 50-60-70s considered preferred?

Try and not worry about the negative, POP is a fabulous resort. Our favorite!!
Not all of the 50's, 60's and 70's are preferred. So if you are looking for preferred they are only in those buildings, but standards as well.

If you don't have to have preferred due to walking issues then pick the decade that is "your" decade, it will be more fun.
I grew up in the 80's but do to feet problems I need to be closer to everything (not that the others are really far away, people on here have maps as to how many feet away each building is from classic hall, hopefully they can post it for you), anyway we stayed in the 70's this time.....oh my I loved it!!!! It is so cool, they play that decade's music outside in the court. We propped open our door many times just to hear it. :lmao:

POP's rooms aren't that much smaller, only 2sq feet, so that shouldn't be an issue. There is also a very good "POP" thread where wonderful tips are shared to enhance your stay there. I would check that out.

I really do think you will enjoy yourself. Their buses alone is worth staying there.

We are a "deluxe" family typically but last Feb I stayed at POFQ with my dd and we just stayed Pop in Dec & we liked the Pop alot. I liked it better than POFQ. We were in the 50's building standard room & it was quiet and peaceful but not too far away from things. I liked the food court choices just as much as POFQ and the theming and pools were very cute and kitchy. I think you will have as much fun at POP and even more so knowing you have $600 to spend.

I liked POP a lot better than POFQ too. A good food court is important to us, and the one at POP is great! I liked the rooms too- plenty of storage and comfy beds. The only thing I didn't like at POP was the lack of a lot of landscaping. I like a lot of green. The giant characters are cute though, and I liked the music and taking walks by the lake.

I think you should be fine with your choice and I hope you enjoy spending those GC's! :)

Our family loves the Pop Century too. We stayed in Jan/Feb of 2009 for 13 nights. We stayed in the '80's building with the walkman. I requested through our travel agent this building and to be close to the buses, even parking lot view! When we arrived we received that building and the "wing" closest to the bus stops and the food court. We actually received a room looking at the courtyard and at one of the 8-tracks from the '70's building. Our walk was only about 5 to 7 minutes to the bus stops or the food court/gift shop. We loved our room location. It also helped being on the first floor.

We didn't hear the showers or toilets from other rooms that often (maybe two or three times) and the occasionally loud passerby but we thought that was really good for being there that long.

We didn't use the food court, for eating, only once for pizza to take to our room and did use the refillable mugs that they sell quite often as our room was not that far away. I didn't find there to be much wait for the mug refill stations for all the different times we went as most times there were no waits at all.

I found other guests to be equally friendly and helpful. It was quite a cozy atmosphere even though there are lots of people there. We come from a small city and found it to be the same type of friendly type of people when we were there.

The buses for the most part were packed full when we were there, especially for the EMH times and at the closing of the parks. We figure for the short times you actually spend on the buses, and they are free, we truly could not complain. We would use the bus system again.

We are staying for our next trip at POFQ only due to the 4/3 deal put out and that has always been the resort I wish to try out. We were originally going back to Pop. We will most likely go back for our 2011 trip (if we are that fortunate to go again).

I hope you have a fun and wonderful trip.

Remmy:flower3:

I really enjoyed Pop! It was bright and lively. We were in a building in the 50s area but it was just a standard room, 4th floor pool view. You will be pleasantly surprised! Don't be sad at all. It's awesome!

POP's rooms aren't that much smaller, only 2sq feet, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Value rooms (Pop and All Stars) are 260 square feet.

Mod rooms (including POFQ) are 314 square feet.

I don't know where you got the difference of 2?

I have stayed at both POFQ and POP and I prefer POP.
We just returned from our second stay and it was wonderful. Our room was very clean, Mousekeeping was excellent, the bus system was very good, and the CM's were outstanding. We didn't have a prefered room but got the PERFECT location (well I thought so;)). It was in the 60's, building #5, second floor facing the lake. It was wonderful. Super close to the pool, main building and buses but super quiet. I loved it.
If you *think* you aren't going to like it, then you are probably going to be dissapointed in your stay. But I truly think if you go with an open mind, take POP for what it is... a bright, fun, clean and a great $value$, you will enjoy it! A successful stay at a resort, IMO, is 1/2 expectation and 1/2 luck. :)

I agree with the others! We are trying AKL this time because of the deals,but we love POP! Don't fret. You'll be at Disney!

Thanks all!!!:goodvibes

Now that I have slept on it, I'm better with it! Plus I think the kids will love the decor.

Plus Disney is Disney anyway you look at it.

We just got back from Disney on Ice, nice precursor to the trip

Value rooms (Pop and All Stars) are 260 square feet.

Mod rooms (including POFQ) are 314 square feet.

I don't know where you got the difference of 2?

CBR rooms are 340 sq ft - same as WL and AKL rooms.:thumbsup2 (well, some akL are 344 lol)

We just got from Pop and it was AWESOME. For the price you cannot beat it. Our dd loved it and wants to "always stay there". The only reason we are not staying there next trip is we got a 40% off bounceback offer. Pop was clean, comfortable and a fun place to stay.

We've stayed at Pop 3 times and POFQ twice and we *still* love Pop! As a PP said, the buses alone make it worth it. POFQ buses have to make several stops in POR first before going to the parks. At Pop, there is just one stop--the one you get on at. :banana: Plus unlike at POFQ, the bus queues are 'chain-roped' to allow folks to board the bus in an orderly fashion. And while I wasn't impressed with the quick service option at POFQ, we LOVE all the stuff to eat at Everything Pop!

We've stayed in the 70's section for all of our past 3 visits. Once in preferred (it was an upgrade--Big Wheel building) and twice in non-preferred (Mickey phone building). There wasn't that big of a difference in how long it took us to get to Classic Hall and the Hippy Dippy pool.

Relax, Pop is a fun resort! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter