I had this dream once, now I'm living it....

So months later and I'm FINALLY going to finish my trip report. Life has been busy ......and honestly, thinking about our last day in DL is sad for me. I HATED to come home, back to reality. :headache:

Of course I don't remember much of the details from our last day...except for the fireworks which I will go into detail about in a bit. I do remember that I FINALLY had my chance to ride Screamin! I loved LOVED it! I rode with my 8 year old nephew with my bf Chris behind us. The music really just made the ride. That second drop is a bit breathtaking, it felt like it would never end. I hated that I only got to do it once.

My son finally got to meet Buzz on this day. We saw him 3 times during the trip but of course as we got in line to get a picture the CM said he was leaving. That happened to us on more than one occasion when it came to seeing the characters. I might have mentioned earlier that was one thing I wasnt' happy with......the lack of characters. The fact that the princesses just hide out in the princess area is just crazy to me. The boys like to see the princesses too..........but to go into the princess area to do it..rediculous. Anyway....he was SO excited to see buzz, as he is one of his heros. The pictures with Buzz is one of my favorites, you can see the excitement on his face! We also got to meet Woody at CA. We rode the spaceships at CA..those were really nice...the view on those is wonderful, too short of a ride though if you ask me. For the most part our last day was pretty mellow. I let Ayden pick the majority of the rides that we did....afterall, this trip was mainly for him. We did nap in the middle of the day as we did every other day since we closed the park almost every night.

**Fireworks**
I was really torn between the ELP and the fireworks. The ELP was so special to me growing up....I loved the music the lights....it was just what disneyland was to me. I have the cd of the music that Ayden just loves and I couldnt wait for him to see it...but ...we chose the fireworks and I'm thankful that we did. But next time we will make sure to catch both no matter what.
We found a spot about 10 feet in front of the walt statue in front of the castle. We didnt' get there too early...maybe 30 minutes before they were to start. HUGE crowds, but we found our spot and just sat among the people.
My bf caught most of it on video which my son and I still love to watch and I cry almost every time. If you've read my trip report from the very beginning, you know this was a VERY special trip for my son and I. It really was a dream and as a single mom one that wasn't easy to grant. I was dreading leaving the next day....but we had such an amazing trip that I count my blessings. The lights dim....the castle lit up and my son smiled. The words spoken by Miss Andrews, the music...everything was just breathtaking. The best part, seeing it all through my sons eyes. I stood back and just watched in in awe of his surroundings. I don't think he blinked the entire time. He truely believes in Tinkerbell, i mean afterall he saw her fly from the mountain to the castle.
As the fireworks went on....the more sad yet so thankful I felt. It brought back SO many memories for me from growing up....and here I was with my son so he could experience all the things I did growing up. I felt on top of the world the whole time.
Here are a few more pictures from the last day............then I have the PICTURE OF THE TRIP to post last
IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

More to come in minutes....not months this time :woohoo:

So after fireworks we enjoyed the quiet night on rides....ending it with a ride on Pirates at the very end. Stopped off to get the giant cookie on Main street before leaving out the gates one last time. Chris and I joked about where we could hide inside the park and not be found.......ever. :rolleyes1
It was hard to leave.......
The next day our flight didn't leave until 2 so we spent some time at DTD and wanted nothing more than to be behind those gates again.

Here's a few pictures from the last DL day, and the day we were leaving and the airport.

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

Next...the picture that summed up the entire trip.

So I think I made the point that the fireworks were very special to us on our last night. Ayden loved them....I loved watching him as he gazed in awe.
I worked hard for this trip....and of course my 3 year old has no clue what it took to get us there. But after the fireworks I was holding him....I already a little red eyed from having a few tears during the show....Ayden turns to me, puts his hands on my face and says "mommy, thank you for taking me to Disneyland".......this mommy pretty much lost it from there. Chris, with camera in hand captured the moment. I of course have seen better days so the picture is not the best.....but it's very special to me....it captured a moment of the trip that I will never ever forget.
IMG_0306.jpg

AWWWE! What a great photo, what a great trip report! It makes me wish I wanted children, the look on your son's face in EVERY single photo is priceless, but truthfully I'm not sure who had more fun, you or him. You are both just glowing in each picture.
I really enjoyed reading about your trip, I can't wait for my 10 day long one in November!!! 10 days long!!!! It still won't be enough.

hahahah Thanks Christina!!! My family said before we were going that I was more excited than he was. Well that might have been true, he had no idea what to expect, I just knew he'd love it though.
I'm jealous...10 days sounds wonderful!!! We're working on our next trip for March...I can't wait!

You and your son are absolutely adorable in all of the photos!! Thank you so much for sharing your TR....I really enjoyed it!!

Your son is absolutely precious! I have a soft spot for boys, being that I have two of them myself. You got some excellent pictures! When are you guys going back?

MommywithDreams,
I happened to just click on this review from seeing it in your signature, and have spent the afternoon captivated with this precious story of you and Ayden.

Thank you for sharing it! I hope your trip in March will be just as Magical:wizard:

MommywithDreams,
I happened to just click on this review from seeing it in your signature, and have spent the afternoon captivated with this precious story of you and Ayden.

Thank you for sharing it! I hope your trip in March will be just as Magical:wizard:

Aww thank you so much :thumbsup2

So I think I made the point that the fireworks were very special to us on our last night. Ayden loved them....I loved watching him as he gazed in awe.
I worked hard for this trip....and of course my 3 year old has no clue what it took to get us there. But after the fireworks I was holding him....I already a little red eyed from having a few tears during the show....Ayden turns to me, puts his hands on my face and says "mommy, thank you for taking me to Disneyland".......this mommy pretty much lost it from there. Chris, with camera in hand captured the moment. I of course have seen better days so the picture is not the best.....but it's very special to me....it captured a moment of the trip that I will never ever forget.
IMG_0306.jpg

OMG I think I am going to cry. Your son is just so sweet. :lovestruc

Thank you for a WONDERFUL report!!!

And boy am I glad to read that you are going to Hojo's for this upcoming trip. Even though I live locally, I've stayed at Hojo's more times than I can remember.

EDIT: I see that you have found the Entertainment Card...you are going to love Hojo's.

I wish you the best ever trip in March!!!

I loved this one too!! I totally teared up when that last picture and story came up.. I was like awwwwwwwwwww!! TOo cute!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter