• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I had the most helpful CM today!!!

experiment626mom

<font color=purple>I hate when people breathe on m
Here's the story. Around Christmas we booked a vacation for 4 of us. Came February, we downgraded it to 3 of us. Now 2 weeks before we leave we want it to be 4 of us again. :sad2:

So I call CRO and got to talk to Darby. She was the best. Helped me with ME, getting everyone's tickets straightened out, getting my PS's straight, especially Ohana's for dinner. We would work on one thing and she would say to me "Marion what else do we need to work on to get you Magical again." She was cracking me up. I didn't think we could pull this off at 13 days but thanks to the calm, self-assured Darby I am one happy mom. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

wow that sounds great! You should write a letter!

You can send an e-mail about a cast member to wdw.Guest.communications@disneyworld.com. I wrote a nice e-mail about a CM one time and I know it was effective and well-appreciated because... I called dining two weeks later and got that same girl that I had written the e-mail about. I recognized her voice and name right away. I said, "Rafaela- I talked to you 2 weeks ago and you were so wonderful that I sent an e-mail about you! I'm so glad you answered again." And she said... "Mrs. H..., is that you?" I said yes and she said they gave her my e-mail and that she had it hanging up. She thanked me again and again.

I always take the time to compliment a CM because I think people should be acknowledged for good work. :flower:

Thanks for this e-mail address. I just forwarded a thank you on to Disney about two ladies in reservations.

I wanted to take a minute to thank two very patient ladies Nova and Amantha. I have reservations from 2/22 to 2/25 for my family and my step daughter and her husband and our 3yrold DGS. We were booked at WL but I so wanted to go to AKL. My DSD is recovering from cancer and her 3 year old is an active little boy. I think there would be so much more to entertain him at AKL so his mom can get a well deserved and needed break. I have been calling every day to reservations to check on AP rates for AKL to fit the two rooms into our budget. Today Nova and Amantha spent much time going back and forth working on our reservations. In the end I was able to get AP rates for AKL for both families. After it was all arranged I thanked Nova and asked for her and Amantha's name I told her why this was so important for us. I thanked her for making someones day today.

A big thank you to Nova and Amantha for taking the time to check on the rates and the error on the screen. It made this trip truely magical in more ways than one.

Jewel, I love to hear stories like yours. Thanks for sharing. I hope you and your family have a magical trip!! pixiedust:

Gotta love them Disney cast members! It's Disney magic at it's best. She sounds delightful. You should definitely write a glowing letter to her supervisor.

I hope your trip is magical!

Jewel, sending lots of :wizard: :wizard: your way! I know that your family will have a magical vacation.

Wow! Thats great! I agree a letter would be great! Imagine how happy she'll be when she hears she got a letter!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Wow! I will be sure to send positive letters now that I know they actually get them and their supervisors see them. :)

Maybe I'm just lucky, but it seems like I always get an extremely nice and helpful CM when I'm dealing with reservations.

As a matter of fact, I made our ressies for June just today and had a wonderful CM (Antoinette). I think it helps when they receive acknowledgment for a job well done. Everyone likes to hear positive things. It's easier for them to be nice to the next person when we let them know we appreciate their help.

Jewel, much pixiedust: to your family. Hope you have a wonderful trip!!!!!

A few years back I realised I always complained when something went wrong but never went something went right. So I decided to change my ways. Now I will send a note to compliment employees on their service. Every little bit helps.

The companies I have worked for have always made a fuss about compliments for staff some in bigger ways than others. Everything from reading the note out at a staff meeting, to $5-20 gift certificates, and even getting to leave early. It always made us feel good no matter how small.

I used to work in the hotel industry. I worked the graveyard shift and at about 2am a woman checked in - to me she was the customer from hell.
the room was too small, she didn't have a view, the bed was the wrong size, the towels were scratchy, the pipes made too much noise, the TV didn't have the channels she wanted, the phone wasn't working. We were almost fully occupied so I didn't have too many options about the toom, but the concierge and I ran up and down with fshowing her out to work the phone, fresh towels, more coffee, fresh milk, etc etc. She exhausted us, I swear I was ready to cry by the time she stopped phoning the front desk. Anyway it was my day off when she checked out, but she had left a letter with the GM saying what wonderful service we had provided her with, she would be recommending us to her friends and colleagues and she would definately be back.

Next time she came - we gave her vouchers for drinks in our bar, another trip we were able to give her a complimentary upgrade, another we discounted her room rate!

I dont know maybe she had had a really bad day the first trip, I dont know, but her letter made up for it.

I too send a note after each trip, not just to Disney and I am normally only commenting on the good things, naming specific staff. If I am making a complaint I will put something good in there as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter