• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I got upgraded to Room 6000 from 2601!

mcfly

Earning My Ears
Hi, I am going to be on the April 20th Magic. My TA just called and told me I got upgraded to a handicapped room (6000) from my Cat. 10 (2601). I like the window but I preferred to be close to the middle of the ship. Room 6000 is at the very front part of the ship and as a first time cruiser I am worry if I will get sea sick. Should I downgrade back to my old Cat. (if I am allow to)? What is the chance of me switching back to a room in the middle of the ship? Or should I count myself as lucky for getting the upgrade? Anyone stayed at that room (6000) before?

Thanks.

I don't think you'll notice that much difference in motion forward-to-back between the two decks, but you'll definitely feel more side-to-side motion on Deck 6 than Deck 2.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting seasick, unless you are really prone to motion sickness. The ship is very stable, and I don't notice the movement more in the fore or aft of the ship. I would stick with the upgrade, it looks like you went from a category 10 to 8. That's a great deal.

If you're really worried about seasickness, bring along some Bonine or Dramamine. I usually bring some just in case, but have never needed it.

Its also more convenient to be on Deck 6 than on Deck 2. From Deck 6, pools, snacks and buffet are only 3 decks up and restaurants on only 2 or 3 decks down. We just cruised on the 3/23 Magic and our cabin was just forward of the mid-ship elevators on Deck 6. It was a great location. If I had to choose, I would much rather be forward on deck 6 than midship on deck 2. Have a great trip! :)

mcfly - we were in room 6000 on the Wonder. We have also been midships on deck 6 twice. We felt absolutely no difference in the motion of the ship. I prefer midship only because it seemed everywhere we needed to go from 6000 was at the other end of the ship - and it's a looong ship!

Room 6000 has only 1 large bathroom; no tub, just a large shower. Porthole window is LARGE. No sofa, just 1 chair.
I liked the room; but had been spoiled with a verandah.

Have a great trip.

;)

Thanks for all the quick responses and help. Sounds like I should stick with Room 6000. Too bad there is no sofa. But the window is a great trade.

Thanks.

Hey Dave_from_Marietta. I love your website. Its so informative. I used it to decide on my rental car company. I really appreciate what you have done for us.

Thanks,
-Mc Fly

Hi Fellow Cruiser!!
We're anxiously counting down the days, and hours to we head south for our 4/20 cruise...... Be sure to wear green leis on 4/20 so we can recognize all the DISers in our group. Check out the 4/20 thread for any updates and sailaway party info.... hope to meet you on board.
;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter