• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I got all the dining reservations I wanted except one!

Jacoby 46

Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow
I cannot get in at California Grill on November 4th! I wanted our last night to be there since it is so magical, but no matter what I try, no luck! Is there any other restaurant that comes close to California Grill as far as Ambiance, food and fireworks? Please help! Thank you so much!

Maybe the new Toledo restaurant? It will have far away fireworks, but atmosphere seems similar.

Eat at Kona at the Polynesian then go to their beach to watch the fireworks.

I would say just keep trying. In my experience patience is key. Check a few times a day. We've always gotten our desired reservations. Never gave up on any. A few we were able to snag literally a few days before our trip. Book something else in the meantime if it concerns you, but don't give up on your first choice either! Good luck!

Last edited:

Flying Fish has possibilities. Fantastic food, both red meat and fish; amazing atmosphere and professional service. You can see fireworks from the Boardwalk.

Within Epcot you can also see the fireworks from various restaurants such as Tokyo Dining, Spice Market's outdoor patio (sit as close to the lake railing as possible, Rose and Crown, and one of the Mexican Pavilion eateries. Possibly more but that's all I recall for the minute. We've eaten at TD and ST and can attest to the goodness of the food but have not at the UK Pavilion TS or anyplace w/i the Mexico Pavilion.

Check based on these dates: 30 days before (vacation packages need paid in full or cancelled to get full refund. 5 days before (room only reservations need cancelled for full refund. 24 to 48 hours before desired reservation time (no show fee\ cancellation fee of $10 per person charged).

We just got back and one night while I was up anyway, I tried at 2:30 am on a fluke. Found reservation for us!!!

I cannot get in at California Grill on November 4th! I wanted our last night to be there since it is so magical, but no matter what I try, no luck! Is there any other restaurant that comes close to California Grill as far as Ambiance, food and fireworks? Please help! Thank you so much!

not really. Jiko is close, but no California grill.

We are there Nov 4-7 and i have been trying for months to get a reservation for 4. hoping the days prior will have people cancel as they reshuffle their schedule.

Plan B is just a lot of eating around the food and wine booths.

Monsieur Paul has amazing food and service, and it’s our first choice for an end-of-the-trip celebratory dinner. We also love Flying Fish, Yachtsman and bluezoo, but M. Paul gets a slight edge for being within the park, which makes the last night seem more special.

It depends, when you say fireworks, do you mean MK area? If so Narcoossees or Citricos earlier, then watch from the beach. Maybe enjoy Trader Sams after.
If it doesn't have to be MK, Monsieur Paul is very good, service, food and atmosphere, and can watch the EPCOT show after.
If you have a park hopper, Flying Fish is another option. And then go into EPCOT after. Or enjoy the Boardwalk area.

Thank you for all the advice and help on this. Narcoosee's is out since I can't get that one either and I can't do any in the parks because it's our last night and we will have used all our tickets by then. I will just keep on trying...thanks again, I really appreciate all the help! :)

It's not on the DDP and you would need to take uber/lyft/Minnie Van, but I suggest checking out Capa at the Four Seasons. They have a rooftop lounge area and you can see the fireworks from there.

Keep trying as it does open, I was able to snag a last day ADR while we were there last week and was able to modify it 2 times and at 7PM there were plenty of open tables and this was on a Saturday night, so dont give up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter