I got a complimentary UPGRADE!!

goofygal1975

DIS Veteran
I received an email from my TA today that I received a free upgrade from my cat 7 (cabin 7120) to a cat 5 (cabin 7070). Needless to say I was VERY surprised!! We cruise on the Wonder 5/15/05. Funny thing was I just emailed my TA to charge more money to my credit card to work on paying off my cruise. I've been doing this for the past few months. He responded back that Disney had just called him and I was upgraded!

One question though, Is 7070 a verandah with plexiglass or metal railing? I was excited abut the plexiglass in 7120, even with the obstructed view. Thanks for the help!!!

Congradulations! I love to hear about upgrades, but it's better when a fellow dis member gets it!

But as someone who is in 7120 in three weeks I can tell you that it used to be a cat 5- it was reclassified because of the partial obstuction due to the decorative molding on the ship- so moving to another deck seven veranda cabin is really a lateral move. At any rate 7070 is a regular plexiglass veranda cabin, congrats on your upgrade.

Originally posted by AnnMorin
But as someone who is in 7120 in three weeks I can tell you that it used to be a cat 5- it was reclassified because of the partial obstuction due to the decorative molding on the ship- so moving to another deck seven veranda cabin is really a lateral move. At any rate 7070 is a regular plexiglass veranda cabin, congrats on your upgrade.

Yeah, I spent alot of time reading up about 7120 before I picked that room. I wanted it because it was a Cat 5 at a Cat 7 price!!And the partial obstruction didnt bother me at all! I was SO happy to get that room and never thought of asking for an upgrade or room change. It is *great* to hear that 7070 is also a plexiglass veranda cabin...and also great to know that I got a little bit of Disney Magic during a very crazy messed up month!! :Pinkbounc

I was in 7020 and I can tell you, you will love the location of your new room...make sure you wave to the CC CMs as you pull away from port
enjoy the change
Barb

Originally posted by goofygal1975
I received an email from my TA today that I received a free upgrade from my cat 7 (cabin 7120) to a cat 5 (cabin 7070). Needless to say I was VERY surprised!! We cruise on the Wonder 5/15/05. Funny thing was I just emailed my TA to charge more money to my credit card to work on paying off my cruise. I've been doing this for the past few months. He responded back that Disney had just called him and I was upgraded!

One question though, Is 7070 a verandah with plexiglass or metal railing? I was excited abut the plexiglass in 7120, even with the obstructed view. Thanks for the help!!!

WHAT? You were upgraded to our staterom??? How did that happen??? :eek:

We were in 7070 on the June 19th Western this past year. You have plexiglass on the verandah. Nice to sit out in the morning/afternoon/evening/night and watch the ocean go by. Great location and room!

Originally posted by drclaws
WHAT? You were upgraded to our staterom??? How did that happen??? :eek:

We were in 7070 on the June 19th Western this past year. You have plexiglass on the verandah. Nice to sit out in the morning/afternoon/evening/night and watch the ocean go by. Great location and room!

Woo hoo! Thank you! I am so happy to hear that it is plexiglass!! I can just imagine sitting out there right now!! only 187 more days to go!!! THANKS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter