I got #7120!!!!

goofygal1975

DIS Veteran
:bounce: :Pinkbounc I just spoke w/my TA and have just switched my stateroom to room 7120!!! ( May 16-20, 2004)Thanks to the passporter, I learned about this partially obstructed view/verandha room. I check out the pictures on Castawayclub.com before I made the big switch. Thanks to both of the above for posting this info!! I really think this cruise will be our only cruise for the next 3-4 years at least!!(if not more) Ive always wanted the option of going out on my own verandha in the early am and late evenings when my son is sleeping.

All that being said, is there anyone out there that has had this room on the Wonder that can let me know HOW obstructed the view really is??? Thanks for any info!!:D

Good for you! I think Barb's pictures show the amount of obstruction pretty well. It's nice getting a real Cat. 6 for the price of a Cat. 7. :)

Hey - I will get the room ready for you this May when I stay in 7120.

I actually had no idea about it formerly being a Cat 5 until after I booked it through DVC - looks like I had a little Disney magic. I'll let you know after I get back how the view is, but you can see from Barb's pics (thanks Barb - you rule!) that its not so bad. I've heard that some even like it better then a full verandah cuz its not as windy.

Can't wait!

fredms, alright!! I can't wait 14 more months!! Be sure to take some pictures of the room too!! Let me know all the pros and cons from your cruise!! Have a great time in may!!!

We have never stayed in that stateroom, but when hubby and I slipped in to take photos, we saw that the obstruction is not bad at all. A great bargain, just like the secret porthole rooms!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thats great. We have 7120 booked on the Magic for our September 2003 cruise (Avon's Pink Ribbon Cruise on the Magic).

Originally posted by inkkognito
We have never stayed in that stateroom, but when hubby and I slipped in to take photos, we saw that the obstruction is not bad at all. A great bargain, just like the secret porthole rooms!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks so much!! By looking at the pictures on the site, I know it can't be that obstructed!! I'm so glad I found those pictures!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I've emailed that site to everyone i know and told them..."hey, look that's gonna be my stateroom in about 14 months". They just say i'm obessed...hehehe:rolleyes:

Don't worry...you could never become as obsessed about 7120 as I am about 5650. It has its own page on my website and I even have a print of the picture that hangs over the stateroom bed...it's hanging right where I can see it every day to remind myself of the ship and my favorite spot on it. :D

Was just wondering if 7120 sleeps 3 or 4? Thanks!

Since these rooms are Cat. 7 does that mean they only sleep 3? Or do they sleep 4 since they used to be a Cat. 5 and were changed to a Cat. 7 due to the obstructed view?

I am not sure of this answer. It's only my DS and I going on this cruise in this room. I just looked it up in the passporter, and it says it hold 3 passengers. I do know they were having some discrepencies w/that part of the book. I also looked on their updated page at Passporter.com and did not see any change to that stateroom.

So, all the ramblings above means, I think it may be a room to hold 3. But if anyone else is in the know....let us know!!:D :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter