I Go to Disney Too Much - Vent

disneyfav4ever

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep
Yesterday at work I was talking to two of my coworkers. One of my coworkers asked me why I was going to Disney twice this year. I mean, I had already gone once this year, isn't that enough? Why do I need to go twice in the same year? While I find this mildly annoying, (I know the majority of my coworkers just don't get "it,") what bothered me the most is that one of my other coworkers is going twice this year as well, but that's okay according to the one who told me I go too much, because that coworker is going with her kids, "who Disney is for." Since I go by myself, (even though my mom's going on this trip,) and I'm an adult, I shouldn't have to go every year, much less more then once a year.

Okay, vent over, thanks for listening.

People that have never been to WDW just don't understand. I took my girlfriend for the first time and before she went she thought WDW was like any other theme park. After the 3rd day there she was "this is the happiest place on earth" and can't wait till we go back.

I go on about Disney all day at work whether the trip is close or far. If they like it or not I don't worry too much about it. We are working now to get to a point that we could afford to take two trips a year back home. Right now one big one is where it is at. So don't worry about it. Adults should and could go more than once a year. :yay:

Some people never get it - they don't know or understand the simple joys of DW. Go with what your heart tells you! We do and we go every year !:thumbsup2

yes, since i live an hr away i go 'all the time" and everytime i mention it to a coworker, i get this ""not again" look from them but i dont care. They always tell me i should move from Daytona and closer to wdw. Which i probably will one of these days.

Going to WDW to much,I don't think that can be done.Happy planning your next trip.I get it at work to when I tell them about my trips to WDW,most now just roll eyes at me like you are a nut.:goodvibes :goodvibes

Ughhh........we hear this from EVERYONE on my husband's side of the family! They're the type of people who will drag their infants and young children to islands and europe when they get nothing out of it except sitting on a beach, pool or restaurant (which is OKAY if that's the way you want to spend your money, I don't care) but they feel the need to say to us "you're going to Disney again? Didn't you just go? There are other places in the world." I am tired of it myself. What is the big deal on where I want to spend my money with my kids? It makes us happy and if they want to bring their 5 year old to London to have tea and see the crown jewels, well all I can say is "Wow, that's great!" I will be brining my children to Europe when they're old enough to be bored as I drag them from museum to museum ;)

I wish people would just chill afterall, there are people in my husband's family who go to Aruba every year and I don't blink an eye.

HAVE FUN, I know we will!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Oh heck, I get that all the time but I say DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE!!:goodvibes

I love people that don't get it - they won't be there crowding up the parks for the rest of us!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

That would annoy me. I can't understand why people feel the need to give their opinion of a situation when they were never asked for it in the first place. Also why do they care when it has no impact whatsoever on their lives? Its not their money or their time so why does it matter? I have had to deal with this a bit from DHs sister. After our last trip she asked him why we keep going to Disney? Then she said we should go to Ireland (of course, this is where she chooses to take her family yearly, and her DH goes multiple times a year)and show the kids something new. My DH told her that it was great they love Ireland so much and not to worry about our vacations since she doesnt go with us in the first place, and that we will continue to go to Disney because we all enjoy it together. I guess some people will just never get it.:confused3

Hi!

Don't feel bad I think most of us on here have had situation where people just don't understand our love for Disney. I refuse to discuss my trips to my friends and family anymore. We just returned last month and I'm already planning our next trip this December....can't wait!

While most of us here on the DIS love the world and the experiences it offers, there are some people who have preconceived notions that WDW is 1) just for kids 2) a cultural void. How wrong they are!! And it's a waste of breath trying to convince those people otherwise.:confused3

That's ok...more room for us:hippie:

As rude as coworkers are, you just need to develop a thick skin. Remember people can be rude about other vacations, not just WDW. DH and I visit my mom who lives at a beach for one week each August. It's not only fun (BEACH!) but we get to stay at Mom's B&B with no steep hotel costs (and enjoy doing things with her!). A coworker told me "Why do you do this? You could visit mom anytime -- you need to go somewhere else!" :scared1: THE NERVE! Same with WDW put downs -- just try to ignore them and enjoy life on the DIS boards with those who understand!

PS: That coworker is gone now and instead I have several WDW nuts in my office now and we LOVE to talk about DISNEY! YEA! :banana:

My co-workers don't need to know where I go on vacation and most of the time I don't tell them.

I have two things I say to people, depending on what remark they make to me.

To those who say Disney is for children:
1. I am a child at heart that has never grown up, nor do I intend to.

To those who wonder why I don't go somewhere else:
2. I have been to many places around the world and wished I was at Disney, I have never been to Disney and wished I was somewhere else.

I LOVE those replies "babar41"! They are great and OH SO TRUE!! (well I've not been around the world but many times WISH I was at WDW!).

Also I like the boos in your sig. I realize it is almost time for people to start getting boo'd! :)

I think I finally solved this one for us. We bought DVC last year, so now when people ask me I do the "well, we got this darn timeshare and need to use it"
Makes them feel like someone is twisting my arm to go
I also answer Florida when people ask where we are going. Doesn't stop them from pushing and telling me there are other places, but at least it slows a few of the less pushy people down.
People also seem to assume it's the kids that are dragging us there. Little do they realize hubby, me and kids all agree its the best vacation deal.

I dont know all the answers wish they could just be happy, that we are happy.

I know how you feel.. I hear it all of the time.. sometimes I go with my children and sometimes I go with DH..I just let it roll off my back..

DH (59) and I (58) go twice a year for three weeks each time (DVC for one of the stays). People do ask if we're "going again?". All I have to do is tell them we just love it! We tell them how much we love parking the car and not having to touch it again until we leave, eating where and when we want, shopping all day if we want to, sometimes not riding anything! Disney World is a great place to relax. We also tell people that WDW is like going to another country...it is beautiful and happy.

I hear it all of the time. DH and I are constantly laughed at. We go to one of the parks or Quest at least once every other week. Even though we are so close, we still also stay out there every other month or so for just a few nights. The looks on their faces were priceless this past Friday when we told them that we just bought into DVC. Living in Central Florida is weird. We have many coworkers that tell us they've never even been to Disney. I think part of it has to do with the publicity of price increases. Many families just can't justify spending several hundred dollars for one day of entertainment. I see it like this, Disney is my family's hobby. Instead of taking yearly trips, we buy our annual passes. I know that when I take ds8 to the parks, it is safe and a family friendly environment. Just keep telling people they don't know what they're missing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter