I get a stomachache from _______ but still eat it

Not a stomachache, but as I've gotten older Chocolate has started to cause heartburn. Ugh. I do still eat it from time to time, but my intake has decreased dramatically. I don't know how some people tolerate heartburn regularly, I find it miserable.

Most any kind of junk food or sugary things...I used to be over 300 lbs and addicted to food in a bad way. I had VSG surgery 9 months ago and while I have changed my life entirely and the way I eat (and think about food) is COMPLETELY different, maybe once a month I will still want some salt and vinegar chips or a few pieces of candy. I haven't indulged in several months because the first few times I did, I was sick as a dog. Anything especially junky/sugary/carby just isn't worth the stomach ache/nausea. I still sometimes think "I'd love to have ______" and it takes me about 2 seconds to say "nope, not worth it" lol

I'm in the ice cream boat, unfortunately. But sometimes, you just gotta have ice cream!

Onion rings, White Castle and milk...gave up 2 and 3, had the rings at Portillo's a few weeks ago, lol.

Lactose intolerant, but I can handle heavy cream and hard cheese. I can't keep Kirkland vanilla ice cream in the house (it comes in a 2 pack!) I just don't have the willpower to not eat it--and once I eat a small serving, I get an attitude of "oh I'm in for it now! Better make it worth it with a 2nd, 3rd bowl etc.

I also sometimes eat pasta with ricotta cheese in it, and I always regret that.

Eggs, cheese, ice cream, fried foods, pork and PB&J all give me a tummy ache but I still eat them occasionally.

I also have Oral allergy syndrome and can't eat most fresh fruits and some from vegetables without an allergic reaction. I still eat those that cause a slight reaction (some just make it feel like I put icy hot on my face or make my lips tingle) I can't live without eating fresh fruits and vegetables.

Onion rings & cooked onions/green peppers (like in fajitas).

I have to limit myself (like 3 max. onion rings, and maybe 1/4 cup of the onions/peppers) AND take a Zantac if I want to avoid big issues.

Ice cream. It makes me miserable. We just got a dairy close to us that makes their own ice cream. It's so good! I've been miserable a lot lately.

movie popcorn. I know it will make me sick, but if its fresh and hot I can't help it, I will eat it. If its not fresh I can pass it up.

I get a stomach ache anytime I start my day with anything sweet. I try to avoid sweets in the morning but once and a while I think maybe not this time and everytime I'm wrong

Raw onions have given me a stomach ache for the past several years. More recently I have noticed that green salads are starting to as well. I really don't want to give up salads!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter