• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I found old tickets how do check how many days are left

look1angel

Forever a Disney Fan
I recently came across 5 tickets from 1997 they were 6 day hoppers no expiration. How can I find out exactly how many days I have left on them? Will I just have to wait till I get to Disney?

Plus, I'm not sure who's tickets are who's?

(Can you believe a 6 day hopper, no expiration was $231.00 at the time..the good old days :goodvibes They now sell for $355.00 on the WDW site.)

Thanks in advance :)

I have the same thing and when I called Disney they told me the only thing I could do was bring them with me and when they scan them I can see what is left. It would be nice to know how many days you have left before you go!

That is the only way to find out what your tickets are worth. I don't understand why Disney doesn't have a process in place to tell you how many days are on your ticket online or on the phone. All of the tickets have a number on the back and they enter that number in manually if your swipe doesn't work. I don't understand why you can't read them the number so they can check the ticket.

This is the info from Cheshire Figment's sticky on tickets:

F. How can I Check on What Remains on Old Tickets?

Any Ticket Window or Guest Services Location can read your old tickets and tell what the remaining entitlements are. Also, if the ticket has become demagnetized they can issue replacements. The Resort Lobby Concierges may not be able to read all tickets.

See Post #13 in this thread for how to determine the serial number of the ticket(s)

There is a special phone number, 407-566-4985 which you can call. Press "Option 2" when prompted. The CM on duty will be able to assist you. This line is only available weekdays during normal business hours.

link to the thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

I did this successfully last month with some old tickets- they were able to tell me how many days were left. My tickets were only a few years old, but it seems like it would work with pre-MYW tickets like yours if you can read the serial number. It's worth a phone call to check it out! :goodvibes

Thanks for all that info. I guess I'll have to wait till the 14th when I get to Disney. I myself have an annual pass but would like my step daughter to use these if possible. It'll certainly save us some $$$.

StitchandPooh'sMom great thread thanks! :)

I called the WDW telephone number listed in the post below and the cast member told me that they could no longer provide the information over the phone - tickets must be scanned at WDW. Knowing how customer service varies, I called back and got the same response. Third time was a charm - the cast member told me exactly what I had left on 6 different tickets from 2003. So keep trying if the first person you speak with won't give you the information.:)

I found a ticket in my safe from May 1996. I had a trip planned for late last month. I was able to call and find out what was left: 2 days of PH's, no exp. I asked if I could upgrade it and they said no, that I could only use what was left.
When I went to go thru the gate, my ticket wouldn't scan so I went to GR and they gave me a new ticket (2 day PH). At the end of the day, I went back to GR and I was able to upgrade the ticket (with the value of now instead of 1996) and with the discount coupon from a friend, I got an AP for just over $300.00. I was a happy girl...especially since I have a 9 day trip next month and another one for December-possibly...
Thank goodness I was a pack rat!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter