I forgot to pack....

Parkerpirates

Mouseketeer
Have you ever gotten to the airport or the port and discovered you have forgotten to pack something really important, or maybe not so important? Share here and give all us newbies nightmares!!!

I always forget one minor thing or another (toothpaste, sunscreen, etc.)

My husband's theory is all you need is your ID, credit card and passport. Forget something? No biggie, you can always get it where you're going :)

I forgot my Fish Extender on my 2010 Med cruise and had to use a Disney shopping bag. :rotfl2:

Jill in CO

When we were going through security, I realized I left my 3-3-1 baggie with all my shampoo, makeup, etc at home. We made a walmart run!

Last night I dreamt that we got to the port and I realized that I had forgotten my sun hats at home. At first, I was very upset that my "perfect" sun-look was ruined. But then i shrugged and said "No big deal - we're getting on a Disney Cruise!"
i sure hope i on't forget my hats...:rotfl:

I left my entire toilettry bag at home in PA! Fortunately discovered this the night before the cruise when getting ready for bed in Port Canaveral. One trip to Wal-Greens and $75 later... My advice to you is this: when replacing forgotten toilettry items, don't go cheap on the razors; because those Disney princess band-aids that you bought for your 6-yr-old DD don't look nearly as cute when peppered over the legs of a 39-yr-old woman.

I forgot sun hats and sunglasses. Fortunately we could just buy some in Florida. I actually posted here asking where to find sun hats (it was January!).

Have you ever gotten to the airport or the port and discovered you have forgotten to pack something really important, or maybe not so important? Share here and give all us newbies nightmares!!!

We have enough cruises we're comfortable enough not to worry at all about forgetting things. We check to be sure we have our identification (passports), our credit card, and our prescriptions. Everything else we really need we can buy on the ship if we forget something.

We're on vacation!

I had a nightmare a few weeks ago that I forgot my passport and my drivers license was in my pocket and had been broken! I woke up with some anxiety from that dream!

The passports, yep, I forgot our passports on our Fantasy cruise in 2013. Thankfully I discovered early enough in the AM and we were able to get a family member to get them and fly them down to us in time to board the ship at 1:00. As we sailed away at 5:00, he was en route home. What a vacation story!

I forgot my Fish Extender on my 2010 Med cruise and had to use a Disney shopping bag. :rotfl2:

Jill in CO

I did the exact same thing. :cool1:
I had to hang my head very low. I got cloth tote bag on sale in the shops on the Dream. It gets better, so I had to hang this tacky bag outside of the Walt Disney suite when I had my two nieces with us.

We flew to MCO the day before our April cruise on the Magic. I picked my nephew up from school so his parents could get ready for our drive to the airport. When we got to his house, I took off my prescription sunglasses--and left them in my car! I didn't realize it until we got on the ship. The clip ons on the ship didn't cover my frames, so I wore my sister's extra pair over my regular glasses. I'm sure I'll never do that again!

I'm another one of those strange people who believe if I have Visa and passport (don't need meds), I'm good to go. Anything else can be replaced!

That being said, I have a packing list..... which is getting longer and longer with each new thing I "have" to have on a cruise. :rotfl:

Normally Ian am really good at packing but on last holiday which was my first cruise I didn't pack a few things including Any Underwear. For 2 DS's and myself - fortunately we were staying in Orlando for a week beforehand so could go shopping otherwise might have got difficult as we were on the transatlantic cruise :laundy:

Also forgot shirts and a few other bits but this was a good excuse to buy more

Our kids!

Well it felt that way the entire trip we went on with out them. But while we missed them, we did enjoy an adult trip.

I do all the packing for DH and I. I discuss with him things he wants brought, outfits and such, but I'm a champion packer so it's my job. For our honeymoon in '11 we did land and sea. We did a couple nights at the resort, relaxing, looking forward to the cruise. As we're laying in bed the night before we go to the ship, it dawns on me: I didn't pack dhs's dress pants! I get out of bed and sure enough I've forgotten them. All the other dress clothes are there, but no pants. And we had reservations for palo and Remy. We had no rental car and the bus to port was picking us up at like 10:30-11. We had to get a taxi to bring us to a shopping center to buy new dress pants. Frustrating, but luckily we were able to get them ($90 later...). Unfortunately, bc they just don't make adult pants in dhs size (28x28) he has like 4 extra inches of fabric pooled at his ankles in all the pics! He won't ever let me forget about it either!

I had the most realistic dream last week: I was getting ready to board the Dream with my mom, and I realized I didn't have my passport! I looked around everywhere then suddenly realized I had left it in the front pocket of one of my suit cases. I BEGGED the person at the DCL desk to help me find my bag and I could show my passport. They got me the bag, I got my passport and my mom and I boarded the ship. We're not booked on another cruise until October 2015 so if I'm having these dreams now what will the next 14 months bring?!:eek:

Otherwise I am of the mind of several posters. If I have my ID, payment method, and my medicines, I'm good to go. Everything else can be replaced.

The passports, yep, I forgot our passports on our Fantasy cruise in 2013. Thankfully I discovered early enough in the AM and we were able to get a family member to get them and fly them down to us in time to board the ship at 1:00. As we sailed away at 5:00, he was en route home. What a vacation story!

:scared1: wow this makes me so nervous I'm going to forget mine! What a story and I'm sure panic induced day that was!

On my first cruise I forgot my sunscreen in the hotel room at the disney resort I was at the night before and had to buy some on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter