I find forum posts of people complaining about working at disney waaay to ironic lol

kikiasumi

Earning My Ears
first of all let me say I'm so excited I got accepted to disneyworld for spring 2012! <3

and with that said, the point of the forum post is I think its way to ironic when I look at posts on other forums of people advising against people going to work in teh CP program

they always fall under two categories.

1) people who complain about having to do real work when workign for disney. god forbid right! it just annoys me seeing posts of people complain that they had to work out in teh sun all day (which I'm pretty sure they must not know how to read since the cast discriptions usually say you must be willing to work outside in extreme conditions lol) or that they can't eat during their shifts out in front of the guests (lol I don't think subway would let you eat while you are making people's subs but i never see anyone complaining there) or that they had to work a bunch of hours.

reading those posts just makes me want to smack teh person and be like, welcome to reality! :D

or they fall into category number 2

complaining that disney doesn't pay enough

not only that it REALLY irks me when people say that disney doesn't pay you enough to live off of and that they charge rediculous amounts for rents. I find it ironic that most of the people who make these complaints are teh parents, soem going as far as to say they their son/daughter barely scraped by with enough to eat (one even said her daughter was malnurished living off cheerios as if lol) reading these types of complaints either gives me the sense that soemone doesn't know how to spend their money, or parents are so gullable to believe the kids aren't just spending their money on stuff they shouldn't be, and that disney is being a terrible employer for 'over working' their children and that their children couldn't possibly be the ones causing their own problems

or rent wise I think even if you were living in teh more expensive apartments it's probably much cheaper than renting your own apartment when you concider all teh free stuff like internet and whatnot. who cares if disney makes alot of money off a room with 6 people paying $70 a week in rent, it's still alot cheaper for you than to live anywhere else, even college dorms charge way more than that xD

lol sorry for the rant, and more sorry that my first post since some time last year was a rant to begin with. but really I was looking up some stuff and I just can't get over the fact that people think you don't get paid enough, I don't really see how, unless you have some rediculous cell phone plan/car payment/ rent your own apartment down there/ whatever else would cause an unusually large bill how you could come out with less money than you went in with or not have enough money to eat with lol

rant over and done xD

and just for carification I'm talking about threads that come up on other forums when you search about CP reviews xD

lol I secretly love reading posts of people complaining about working 8 hours a day with 2 or no days off. Clearly, they're not ready for the real world because that's all it is.

When I was a CP I, at first, complained about the rent. But now that Im not and pay rent (thats not associated with Disney), I realized that I had it easy as a CP. Plus, they provide you with transportation to and from work/wal-mart/mall which saves you A LOT of money on gas weekly.

i never don't mind working at disney,i think this a good job ,sometimes you will smile when you see other people smiling.

well i agree that you should know what you're in for when you sign up for the program, but don't act all high and mighty. you ARE only getting minimum wage, you're doing grunt work like picking up after people you don't know and serving them fries, and you probably don't go to a good school since the DCP targets community colleges and random state schools. while i understand your point, you probably shouldn't sound so entitled when the above is true. it's not impressive that you're sweeping or making fast food. doing these things at disney doesn't really make anyone saw "wow, what a guy!" if you have a good time on the program, that's great, but no one else has to feel the same way as you and no one is going to pat you on the back for not complaining.

Actually I did a CP program and was recruited from a Big Ten University. You could have still made your point without having to insult the OP's school.

Actually I did a CP program and was recruited from a Big Ten University. You could have still made your point without having to insult the OP's school.

Yeah I'm a little confused at the random hostility, OP didn't intentionally insult anyone or come across as "high and mighty", so :confused:

ETA: I find it funny that the one attacking OP for sounding "high and mighty" (in their opinion) is the one putting down schools AND minimum wage jobs.

I agree, and also not very cp sweeps up after people and makes fast food. Cps fill roles in entertainment, concierge, merchandise, everywhere! Ive noticed a few hostile posts lately on this forum and it make me sad :(

I agree, and also not very cp sweeps up after people and makes fast food. Cps fill roles in entertainment, concierge, merchandise, everywhere! Ive noticed a few hostile posts lately on this forum and it make me sad :(

that's true, but again, they're not difficult jobs. the OP is sounding very entitled by acting as if they should get more respect simply because they had a different experience or because they don't complain. my point is that they are not doing anything special and therefore shouldn't feel like they have the right to act as if they are better than someone who does complain. the people who didn't have a good time are allowed to post here and say so. the OP hasn't even done the program yet and is already talking down on those who have.

i don't consider all of the big ten schools to be especially good. the only big ten school i applied to was northwestern (and i was, of course, accepted). i'm talking top 20. and i don't know where the OP goes, but i can guess that it's most likely somewhere you haven't heard of.

that's true, but again, they're not difficult jobs. the OP is sounding very entitled by acting as if they should get more respect simply because they had a different experience or because they don't complain. my point is that they are not doing anything special and therefore shouldn't feel like they have the right to act as if they are better than someone who does complain. the people who didn't have a good time are allowed to post here and say so. the OP hasn't even done the program yet and is already talking down on those who have.

i don't consider all of the big ten schools to be especially good. the only big ten school i applied to was northwestern (and i was, of course, accepted). i'm talking top 20. and i don't know where the OP goes, but i can guess that it's most likely somewhere you haven't heard of.

I'm sorry, but I'm finding you to be very rude. I took the OP's post to mean that people are thinking this is going to be all fun and games but are surprised that they actually need to work, not that the OP thinks that all the CP kids deserve a ton of respect. And attacking someone's school is just mean and uncalled for.

A friend of ours did the CP program and attended Yale University...is that top 20 enough for you...LOL? He never put down other schools and never felt he was better than anyone else just because he attended one of the top schools in the country. His role was QSFB and he loved every minute of it, extended in the same role and remains seasonal to this day. He still managed to graduate on time and with honors and is quite successful. He just happens to love Disney and loves being part of the company, even in a small way.

I firmly believe that EVERYONE at some point in their life should experience a minimum wage job. They would gain a better understanding of how a majority of the people in this country live and perhaps have a little more respect for each other.

Not sure where Purdue University is ranking these days but my hospitality program was ranked #1 in the nation when I attended.

A friend of ours did the CP program and attended Yale University...is that top 20 enough for you...LOL? He never put down other schools and never felt he was better than anyone else just because he attended one of the top schools in the country. His role was QSFB and he loved every minute of it, extended in the same role and remains seasonal to this day. He still managed to graduate on time and with honors and is quite successful. He just happens to love Disney and loves being part of the company, even in a small way.

I firmly believe that EVERYONE at some point in their life should experience a minimum wage job. They would gain a better understanding of how a majority of the people in this country live and perhaps have a little more respect for each other.

Spot on! Anyways, I'd rather be serving fries at Magic Kingdom than some fast food chain back home! I loved my time there but there are some people who have different experiences.

Well, aren't you special? Of course you were accepted. That's nice. Thank you for your valuable insight into college rankings, and what you consider to be a good school. Perhaps your very expensive education at Northwestern will include a writing course, which may include the proper use of capitalization.

Ahem. Go Bucks.

KCpirate:

I'm sorry, but I'm finding you to be very rude. I took the OP's post to mean that people are thinking this is going to be all fun and games but are surprised that they actually need to work, not that the OP thinks that all the CP kids deserve a ton of respect. And attacking someone's school is just mean and uncalled for.

That's what I took away from the ops post as well. There are definitely people who don't understand the hard work that goes into working at Disney. No matter the job. When I did PAC, it was very difficult to keep walkways clear and to tell people they can't stand somewhere, people don't like being told no, especially at Disney. But I still enjoyed it! Working at Disney was the hardest job I've ever worked at and I would go back in a heart beat, even for the minimum wage :)

i got into every school in the top 20 (and no, i don't go to northwestern) and i'm not going to bother with proper writing on the internet. think what you want, but people do judge you based on where you go to school. there's a reason why top graduate programs and firms recruit from top schools and not from others. as for the ONE person who did the program from yale, he/she probably didn't belong at yale to begin with if they are aiming so low. and no, i will never work for minimum wage just to "see what it's like for others". it's not my fault that you aren't talented, skilled, educated, or intelligent enough to get a job that pays you better. i'm not going to be sympathetic when it's your own fault. don't like it? do something about it. if i come off as rude, then so be it. i say what others think. don't want to be my friend? boohoo, i guess i'll just be stuck in my elite social circle with my top school friends and their CEO/lawyer/doctor parents :)

happy thanksgiving!

i got into every school in the top 20 (and no, i don't go to northwestern) and i'm not going to bother with proper writing on the internet. think what you want, but people do judge you based on where you go to school. there's a reason why top graduate programs and firms recruit from top schools and not from others. as for the ONE person who did the program from yale, he/she probably didn't belong at yale to begin with if they are aiming so low. and no, i will never work for minimum wage just to "see what it's like for others". it's not my fault that you aren't talented, skilled, educated, or intelligent enough to get a job that pays you better. i'm not going to be sympathetic when it's your own fault. don't like it? do something about it. if i come off as rude, then so be it. i say what others think. don't want to be my friend? boohoo, i guess i'll just be stuck in my elite social circle with my top school friends and their CEO/lawyer/doctor parents :)

happy thanksgiving!

Sorry, I think it's time that you get off your soap box and take a bow. You've made your point that you are more superior, and clearly more educated than all of us (seeing as you have been accepted into all of the top 20 universities in the country and all). Believe it or not, but the point of this thread wasn't that people aren't educated or intelligent enough "to get a job that pays you better." So please stop hijacking this thread and keep your comments to yourself.

PS..It doesn't take nearly as much effort to write properly on the internet as you may think. You've already done the hard part by punctuating your sentences, now it's just a matter of pressing two keys down simultaneously to create a capital letter in the appropriate place.

PSS..Not like I actually believe that you have applied (and got accepted) to all of the top 20 schools in the country, but if you actually did I hope you realize that you spent $1,410 just on application fees alone (yes, I did actually do the research and math).

happy thanksgiving!

Way to flatter yourself! You sound like just like the person Disney DOESN'T want. I come from a very wealthy town and you sound just like one of them.

This forum isn't to boast whether you got into Yale or Harvard. Its about Disney. I have refrained from commenting on your posts because frankly they make me want to punch a wall.

Employers actually DON'T always judge you based on where you go to school. They judge you based on your GPA. For designers and artists they judge you based on your portfolio. Just because you went to an ivy league school doesn't mean you learned an ivy league education. Some people think by just going to an ivy league school will automatically get them a job but you've got to prove yourself.

Sorry kid, the American Dream is dead. Employers want people who are experienced and know their ****. They don't have the budgets to train people you've got to show that you have an ivy league education. If you are just going to spend your nights drinking and partying you won't appear as smart as you should be once you graduate.

Here at DIS we don't give a **** about where people have gone to college. We are all here to talk about Disney and that's that.

Way to flatter yourself! You sound like just like the person Disney DOESN'T want. I come from a very wealthy town and you sound just like one of them.

This forum isn't to boast whether you got into Yale or Harvard. Its about Disney. I have refrained from commenting on your posts because frankly they make me want to punch a wall.

Employers actually DON'T always judge you based on where you go to school. They judge you based on your GPA. For designers and artists they judge you based on your portfolio. Just because you went to an ivy league school doesn't mean you learned an ivy league education. Some people think by just going to an ivy league school will automatically get them a job but you've got to prove yourself.

Sorry kid, the American Dream is dead. Employers want people who are experienced and know their ****. They don't have the budgets to train people you've got to show that you have an ivy league education. If you are just going to spend your nights drinking and partying you won't appear as smart as you should be once you graduate.

Here at DIS we don't give a **** about where people have gone to college. We are all here to talk about Disney and that's that.

:thanks:

(I tried to find an applause as well but no luck)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter