• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I finally found a way to get DH excited about Disney! - ADDED LINK TO TRIP REPORT

Congratulations to Reid on his karate! I hope he enjoys the next 6 months as well.

I can't believe you haven't tried Soarin! I hope you enjoy it, but for me, it really is just one of those rides that I can do it once a trip and I'm good. :lmao: Still not something to be skipped though.

I'm sorry that Reid won't be able to ride Test Track. Such a shame that you're going to miss out on it, but it sounds like the changes will make the long downtime worth it.

Congrats to Reid!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Amanda, you can definitely make a meal from the F&W Kiosks :goodvibes That's a great plan!!!!!! And I agree Test track being closed stinks.....

I do love that picture of Reid. :thumbsup2

Great plans for the day. I'm with you -- HATE Mission! And tell Reid he now has me singing "Imagination" (I love that ride...don't know why it gets so much hate).

I definitely think you should try two or three of the *Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey's Ganache (from Ireland) since we are missing you and the F&W by a few days. That sounds so yummy.

Congrats Reid! I hope he continues to enjoy karate.:cheer2:

I think you will like Soarin. Test Track being closed does stink. It's Anthony's fave ride & he missed it this year.

Yes do the character spot early! When we walked in at 930 the wait was already 50 mins! But we were there at a much busier time than you. It is so convenient to stand in one line for all 5 characters!

Oh Food & Wine Festival! I totally forgot that would be going on at this time. Everything on your to try list sounds delicious!

YES! We are staying at Beach Club!!!!

If you'll remember, I originally had us at Boardwalk for our race resort. So, why didn't I move us back there? Well, I like having the Marketplace there for lighter food options before our races & we won't have to walk a long way to get there. I also have recently gotten very interested in this resort. The more I see pictures of it, the prettier it looks to me.

It was my post with the pictures wasn't it! ::yes:: I know it was!! :rotfl: Good choice though although I know you would have loved POFQ too! Wait, or was it my "review" of the food at POFQ that did it!? :rolleyes:

You will have to PM me notes on the food kiosks!! I will need tips for a few weeks later!! :goodvibes I have had the filet at Le Cellier and it was so very good! I am definitely giving that one a try!! I am excited about the Florida items too...anything with shrimp has to be good! My want list started the second I saw the menu posted the other day!

Yay Reid!!! He's so cute!

How on earth have you not ridden Soarin? I'm shocked!

Sounds like a great Epcot morning. I hope that you have time for Turtle Talk, it's a really cute show.

Yay for F&W!! You'll have earned some extra goodies with all of that running you guys are doing. I think I'd skip breakfast and eat as much as possible. :lmao:

:woohoo: Your trip is really coming up fast now! I'm so excited!

Food & Wine - :cool1: You will have a blast!

And you have never done Soarin'??? :scared: I don't even know what to say about that. :rotfl2: I think you'll like it - it is a very cool experience. I hope they have finally cleaned the film though......

Congratulations to Reid on his karate! I hope he enjoys the next 6 months as well.

Thanks! He better enjoy it - it's already paid for! :lmao:

I can't believe you haven't tried Soarin! I hope you enjoy it, but for me, it really is just one of those rides that I can do it once a trip and I'm good. :lmao: Still not something to be skipped though.

I know, I know....what's wrong with us? I think that's it.....I've never felt like it's something I had to do. Granted I haven't done the ride yet, but I have never understood the hype about that kind of ride. :confused3

I'm sorry that Reid won't be able to ride Test Track. Such a shame that you're going to miss out on it, but it sounds like the changes will make the long downtime worth it.

Yeah, I really wish he would have been able to ride TT. But, we'll definitely have lots of other stuff to do & check out.

Congrats to Reid!!!!!!!

Thank you!!

Amanda, you can definitely make a meal from the F&W Kiosks :goodvibes That's a great plan!!!!!! And I agree Test track being closed stinks.....

I had Ed take a look at the menues tonight since he is definitely more picky about food than me. He said there is lots of things he wants to try, too. So, I think we'll be good for lunch with the kiosks!

All I know is TT better be incredibly awesome after being shut down for so long. :sad2:

I do love that picture of Reid.

Thank you! He was so proud in that picture. :goodvibes

Great plans for the day. I'm with you -- HATE Mission! And tell Reid he now has me singing "Imagination" (I love that ride...don't know why it gets so much hate).

Thanks! UGH - Missions Space! :scared: I can ride anything - seriously! But that ride makes me so sick it's not funny. Never again!

I love it that Reid got you singing "Imagination"! He pretty much alternates between "Imagination", "It's a Small World" and "Yo Ho.....Pirate's Life for Me".

I definitely think you should try two or three of the *Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey's Ganache (from Ireland) since we are missing you and the F&W by a few days. That sounds so yummy.

Well, if I must try 2 or 3, then I simply must. :rotfl2: It's so sad that y'all will miss F&W and us! :sad1: Especially since we're even staying at OKW, too!

Congrats Reid! I hope he continues to enjoy karate.

Thanks!! Of course, as soon as I open my big mouth about him doing better.....he goes & acts kind of silly at karate tonight. :sad2: Luckily, he still got his stripe for his belt tonight. But, we had a long talk on the way home. Well, about 5 mins since that's how far away we live from the karate studio. :rotfl2:

I think you will like Soarin. Test Track being closed does stink. It's Anthony's fave ride & he missed it this year.

I'm so upset about TT being closed! :mad: Luckily Reid is all excited Soarin. Hopefully, it will live up to his expectations. :rotfl:

Yes do the character spot early! When we walked in at 930 the wait was already 50 mins! But we were there at a much busier time than you. It is so convenient to stand in one line for all 5 characters!

OMG! That's insane! So, does the character spot open at the same time as all of the attractions in Future World?

Oh Food & Wine Festival! I totally forgot that would be going on at this time. Everything on your to try list sounds delicious!

I'm so excited to sample all of these yummies! Hopefully, one night soon, Ed & I will have time to sit down together & start making a list of the things we really want to get.

It was my post with the pictures wasn't it! ::yes:: I know it was!! :rotfl: Good choice though although I know you would have loved POFQ too! Wait, or was it my "review" of the food at POFQ that did it!? :rolleyes:

Well, your pictures definitely kept BC in the forefront of my mind! Seriously! After seeing your pics, I kept thinking of how pretty it is!

Your food "review" of POFQ definitely helped me feel ok about leaving there! :rotfl2: No really....I do think we would have enjoyed it there as well. And I really wouldn't mind trying it out one day. But, when the husband okays a change to Beach Club.....you jump on that! :lmao:

You will have to PM me notes on the food kiosks!! I will need tips for a few weeks later!! I have had the filet at Le Cellier and it was so very good! I am definitely giving that one a try!! I am excited about the Florida items too...anything with shrimp has to be good! My want list started the second I saw the menu posted the other day!

I definitely will PM you! If you don't hear from me a few days after we return, send me a PM to remind me.

There are sooooo many yummy things on the list! OMG! And I was so excited when I was reading the items at the Craft Beers kiosk - they are going to have Abita Beer from Louisiana! :cheer2: It's the Purple Haze flavor that they'll have at the kiosk. My only complaint? On Disney's website, they misspelled Louisiana. Seriously!! This is how they have it - "Louisianna". Really, Disney?

Yay Reid!!! He's so cute!

Awww, thanks!

How on earth have you not ridden Soarin? I'm shocked!

I don't know....I have just never understood the draw for this ride. Of course, you would think that would make me want to check it out. But, it kind of turned me off. I don't know....I'm strange. :rotfl:

Sounds like a great Epcot morning. I hope that you have time for Turtle Talk, it's a really cute show.

Thanks! I do hope we can watch Turtle Talk. We were going to do it last year but Reid didn't want to wait. :sad2:

Yay for F&W!! You'll have earned some extra goodies with all of that running you guys are doing. I think I'd skip breakfast and eat as much as possible. :lmao:

So excited about F&W!!! I normally don't eat breakfast so I'll most likely be skipping it that morning. And as Ed says, he can always eat. :rotfl2: We'll have to start early so that we'll be hungry come dinner. :rotfl:

Your trip is really coming up fast now! I'm so excited!

It really is!!! I'm so excited, too! I just hope it all goes well & that we have a great time.

Food & Wine You will have a blast!

I'm really excited to check out all of these yummy kiosks!

And you have never done Soarin'??? I don't even know what to say about that. :rotfl2: I think you'll like it - it is a very cool experience. I hope they have finally cleaned the film though......

I know....it's crazy! I hope we enjoy the ride. Reid is very excited about it.

All caught up!
Yay on staying at the Beach Club, I stayed there once as a young teenager, and I hope to stay there one day as an adult.
I am super excited about F & W, I have already made my wish list of things to try.

All caught up!
Yay on staying at the Beach Club, I stayed there once as a young teenager, and I hope to stay there one day as an adult.
I am super excited about F & W, I have already made my wish list of things to try.

I'm really excited about trying BC and experiencing that whole area. Hopefully, we'll like it enough to either stay there or at BWI for our 2014 trip.

I can't wait to try all the yummy food at F&W! I'm afraid our list of things to try will be ridiculously long & will need to be edited. :rotfl:

Congrats Reid :cool1: He looks adorable in his gi! I am so excited it is August too :cheer2: I love saying we'll be going to WDW this month...even if it isn't until the 27th :sad2:

Aww well some silliness is ok. I understand the talks though. Seems like Ant & I keep having to have more and more of those. :sad2: He is actually on a run though of being really well behaved.:cool1:

I agree with you that TT better be amazing. I don't understand What they are doing with it though. I think it's supposed to be interactive? The pics all look very Tron to me. Soarin is fun. I certainly wouldn't wait anywhere close to the stand by times for it but I will def grab a FP and ride once.

Well we got to Epcot at 930 & rode SE so it was prob close to 10 when we went by the character spot. I'm pretty sure it opens right away because last year we went right there after rope drop. The characters may not come out until 15 min later or something like that.

Congrats Reid :cool1: He looks adorable in his gi! I am so excited it is August too :cheer2: I love saying we'll be going to WDW this month...even if it isn't until the 27th :sad2:

Thank you!! OMG - you're trip is so soon! I just looked at your ticker! WOW! Y'all will be there before you know it!! :dance3:

Aww well some silliness is ok. I understand the talks though. Seems like Ant & I keep having to have more and more of those. :sad2: He is actually on a run though of being really well behaved.:cool1:

I've been trying to show him examples of when we can be silly (playing in the backyard) and when we shouldn't be silly (in karate class or class at school). I think he was a little on the tired side yesterday, so I think that was a contributing factor. I told him that from now on, on karate days, we have to have quiet time in the afternoon even if he doesn't nap. Hopefully, that will help him recharge before karate.

I agree with you that TT better be amazing. I don't understand What they are doing with it though. I think it's supposed to be interactive? The pics all look very Tron to me. Soarin is fun. I certainly wouldn't wait anywhere close to the stand by times for it but I will def grab a FP and ride once.

Yeah, I don't think I fully understand what they're doing with TT. I don't see how it's going to change the ride that much. :confused3 I really hope I'm wrong & that it's fantastic.

Well we got to Epcot at 930 & rode SE so it was prob close to 10 when we went by the character spot. I'm pretty sure it opens right away because last year we went right there after rope drop. The characters may not come out until 15 min later or something like that.

Thanks for this info! I never really paid much attention to the character spot before so I never knew when it opened. Sounds like we probably need to hit it up after Soarin.

Hey again! Your little man looks cool in his Karate garb!(gi) Enjoy em while they're young! Just watch it, he may start karate-chopping your house to pieces. I just looked at the menus for the f&w fest & can't wait! Last year the wife & I were sampling wine at 10 o'clock. IN THE A.M. ::yes:: You could swear we were tailgating at Tiger Stadium. Oh, the BC is only a 5-10 min walk(max) to the international gateway in epcot!! I mention this cause you wrote that yall would go to the bus stop for epcot after breakfast. I don't think bc has a buss to epcot..double check me on that..enjoying your PTR. keep em coming.

rob

Congrats to Reid on his Karate success! I'm sure he is on his way to being a Karate master! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, how could you have never ridden Soarin'? You're lucky that they haven't revoked your "Disney fan card" for that capital offense! :rotfl2:

F&W kiosk lunch is the best idea EVER! If you get there right at 11am there are no lines and no crowds to fight. Things don't start to get hairy until around 3 pm, and by then you'll probably be full! ;):lmao:

Wow I can't believe how far behind I got! Where to begin! :confused3

DHS- I have a hard time really getting a touring plan put together as well. It never seems to work out and it seems like we could definitely go about it better but haven't figured it out. I figure practice makes perfect so we just have to keep going and going! I had no idea about the slushies there.. Little man would LOVE those!

We have done H&V breakfast once when Nick was 3 it was Little Einstein's and Jo Jo's Circus back then. The food was ok. It seems that all the breakfast buffet's in Disney have the same basics. It is worth it when you travel with them at that age when they are very much into Disney Jr.

I have never seen the Beauty and the Beast show in all my years of going there. I always try and it never seems to happen.. its that poor DHS planning! :rotfl: I look forward to your review!

Beach Club- What a awesome move! :thumbsup2 We have not stayed there yet but have spent alot of time there between a picture shoot and restaurants. It is on our Disney Hotel bucket list. I think you guys will LOVE it and Reid will go nuts for the pool! I can't wait to read about your stay there!!!! :cool1:

Excited for you guys to ride Soarin! Such a great experience!!!

Reid looks so cute in his Karate uniform!!!! Nick's focusing in general has drastically improved since starting Karate. Reid will be earning belts in no time!!!

Hey again! Your little man looks cool in his Karate garb!(gi) Enjoy em while they're young! Just watch it, he may start karate-chopping your house to pieces. I just looked at the menus for the f&w fest & can't wait! Last year the wife & I were sampling wine at 10 o'clock. IN THE A.M. ::yes:: You could swear we were tailgating at Tiger Stadium. Oh, the BC is only a 5-10 min walk(max) to the international gateway in epcot!! I mention this cause you wrote that yall would go to the bus stop for epcot after breakfast. I don't think bc has a buss to epcot..double check me on that..enjoying your PTR. keep em coming.

rob

Can you believe Disney misspelled Louisiana under the Craft Beers menu? Can't they afford a computer program with Spellcheck? :lmao:

Thanks! I try my hardest just to soak every moment with him. Sometimes are better than others. :rolleyes: At the beginning & end of each karate class, they have to say their "Little Ninja student creed". It's like 4 lines. One of the lines is about not using karate at home, only for self defense. I have to remind him of that line sometimes. :rotfl:

Sampling wine @ 10am? Definitely sounds like a Saturday morning at Tiger Stadium! Speaking of which....could football season just start already?!?

Thanks for the tip about walking to EPCOT from Beach Club. Unfortunately, we'll only be spending our 1st two nights at BC. Then, on 9/30, we move to Old Key West for the last 7 nights. My DH is running the ToT 10 mile race so we chose to stay at a race resort for our first couple of nights. It will be nice to be so close to DHS for his race since it doesn't start until 10pm that Saturday night!

So glad you're enjoying the PTR! Happy to have you along for all my crazy planning! :goodvibes

Congrats to Reid on his Karate success! I'm sure he is on his way to being a Karate master! :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm happy we were able to find an activity for him that he seems to truly enjoy. And it will (hopefully) teach him lots of good things.

Oh my gosh, how could you have never ridden Soarin'? You're lucky that they haven't revoked your "Disney fan card" for that capital offense! :rotfl2:

I know.....:sad2: I should hide in shame for having never been on Soarin. And I haven't had a Dole Whip either. :scared: I swear I'm rectifying both of these things this year! :thumbsup2

F&W kiosk lunch is the best idea EVER! If you get there right at 11am there are no lines and no crowds to fight. Things don't start to get hairy until around 3 pm, and by then you'll probably be full! ;):lmao:

I'm glad you like my lunch idea! Having never been to F&W before I was a little unsure if we'd find enough to fill us up for lunch. And I'm really glad to hear that about the lines at 11am. Just last night, I told Ed that my goal is to be there right when they open up the World Showcase.

Wow I can't believe how far behind I got! Where to begin! :confused3

Hi, there! Good to see you!

It can be so hard catching up, right? I always feel like I should take notes when catching up. :rotfl:

DHS- I have a hard time really getting a touring plan put together as well. It never seems to work out and it seems like we could definitely go about it better but haven't figured it out. I figure practice makes perfect so we just have to keep going and going! I had no idea about the slushies there.. Little man would LOVE those!

DHS is a hard park to make a touring strategy for. Luckily, it's the smallest so zig zagging isn't the worst thing in the world there. But, it's frustrating for those of us who really like to plan!

Those slushies are such a nice refresher on a hot afternoon! I was so happy we stumbled upon those last year. They better still have them!

We have done H&V breakfast once when Nick was 3 it was Little Einstein's and Jo Jo's Circus back then. The food was ok. It seems that all the breakfast buffet's in Disney have the same basics. It is worth it when you travel with them at that age when they are very much into Disney Jr.

Yeah, I figured I may as well just experience it with Reid while he's little & loves these characters. Funny thing is now that we have the 24/7 Disney Junior channel, he's seen Jo Jo's Circus for the 1st time in his life. He absolutely loves that show! Makes me kind of wish they'd bring them back to the meal, too. :rotfl:

I have never seen the Beauty and the Beast show in all my years of going there. I always try and it never seems to happen.. its that poor DHS planning! :rotfl: I look forward to your review!

It's so hard to work in all of the different shows plus the rides! And now there's the whole FP time enforcement. :headache: It really is a good show! I do hope we'll be able to fit it in.

Beach Club- What a awesome move! :thumbsup2 We have not stayed there yet but have spent alot of time there between a picture shoot and restaurants. It is on our Disney Hotel bucket list. I think you guys will LOVE it and Reid will go nuts for the pool! I can't wait to read about your stay there!!!! :cool1:

Thanks! I'm really excited to stay at BC - even if it is only for 2 nights. :cool1: I think Reid's going to have a blast at the pool. He loves the water so much!

Excited for you guys to ride Soarin! Such a great experience!!!

Thanks! I think it will be fun to get to experience a ride together that none of us have gone on before.

Reid looks so cute in his Karate uniform!!!! Nick's focusing in general has drastically improved since starting Karate. Reid will be earning belts in no time!!!

Thank you!! I'm so happy to hear that karate helped Nick! Of course, I want Reid to learn self defense but the focus & discipline that karate teaches are also reasons why I wanted him to start.

Darn right ;)

:thumbsup2

Congrats to Reid for his first belt and for enrolling for 6 months. That's awesome!

I agree with you - I can't wait to try all the kiosks at the F&W festival. This will be my first time. Yum!

Great plans for your Epcot day! :thumbsup2 I took a ton of pictures in the Figment ride. Just edited them yesterday. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter