• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I finally found a way to get DH excited about Disney! - ADDED LINK TO TRIP REPORT

Woohoo ADRs! Hmm... well I must say I'm not very knowledgable on a lot of these things!

Okay, number 1... well I have never been to Mama Melrose, but I have heard it's only average. I HAVE been to Sci-Fi and loved it, BUT it is really dark in there and Reid might be a little spooked by some of the video clips on the big screen. I mean, I feel like it's either a love it or hate it place for little kids. (I know, this is not very helpful, I'm sorry!)

That is helpful! At least I know that you liked Sci-Fi! :thumbsup2 I am a little torn about the movie clips when it comes to Reid. I just never know how he'll react to things sometimes.

Number 2... Question: (And I'm really sorry if you already mentioned this in the intro post) Are yall getting the meal plan? Because if you ARE, I would definitely suggest Via Napoli over Beaches and Cream, just because you would get way more bang for your meal credit hahah. If not, Beaches and Cream would probably be more convenient. Also, if the Epcot 30th is ANYTHING like the MK 40th, I'd stay very very far away! :rotfl:

I completely forget to mention in my intro that we will be on the DDP. I am already failing at doing a PTR! :laughing: I'm thinking we'd be better off avoiding Epcot on the anniversary night. I'm glad to know that you'd choose Via Napoli over Beaches & Cream. I remember from your TR how much fun y'all had there & how much you liked it. That's a good point about more bang for the meal credit. :scratchin

Hmm... I hope at least SOME of that rambling was useful to you!

You've been very helpful! Thank you! :goodvibes

Well, we did Sci-Fi and for me I didn't love it, it was just ok. I kept having this urge to try and get the kids to turn their head away from the screens. Kind of creepy and sometimes inappropriate? stuff that I would not let them see ordinarily. But I fought that urge and tried to just go with the flow. The food was only ok, and the eating in the dark kind of threw me. DH really liked it though...:confused3

We are going to try the F! pkg at MM coming up, so hoping that is a good choice. As far as your Epcot question, I can only offer that we ate at Via Napoli and loved it, food and atmosphere was lovely...as was the pitcher of Sangria!!:rotfl:

I think I'd go for the Sci Fi, assuming Reid is big enough to sit in the car without any trouble. We liked Mama Melrose's the last time we were there, but I'd be nervous taking a little kid to Fantasmic. Parts of that show scare me! :rotfl:

I'd pick Via Napoli over Beaches and Cream, too. I think two ADRs on a F&W day would be too much. Plus, for Via Napoli, you could actually have an ADR, which would ensure you could get in fairly quickly. I know Beaches and Cream is small and waiting without an ADR and with a little kid might not be much fun. My experience at the 40th has convinced me to stay away at every other park's anniversary.

Well, we did Sci-Fi and for me I didn't love it, it was just ok. I kept having this urge to try and get the kids to turn their head away from the screens. Kind of creepy and sometimes inappropriate? stuff that I would not let them see ordinarily. But I fought that urge and tried to just go with the flow. The food was only ok, and the eating in the dark kind of threw me. DH really liked it though...:confused3

Funny you say that about eating in the dark....it kind of weirds me out. :confused3 I have a feeling that most of the stuff wouldn't scare Reid if we were at home watching it in the daylight. :rotfl: But, being in the dark in a new environment....I think it'll lead him to be spooked. Okay, Sci-Fi is starting to lose their battle! :laughing:

We are going to try the F! pkg at MM coming up, so hoping that is a good choice. As far as your Epcot question, I can only offer that we ate at Via Napoli and loved it, food and atmosphere was lovely...as was the pitcher of Sangria!!:rotfl:

I am really excited about trying Via Napoli! And Sangria.....YUMMY!!!

I think I'd go for the Sci Fi, assuming Reid is big enough to sit in the car without any trouble. We liked Mama Melrose's the last time we were there, but I'd be nervous taking a little kid to Fantasmic. Parts of that show scare me! :rotfl:

Reid could definitely sit in the car with no problems. Hmmmm.....maybe I should do Mama Melrose but not worry about the F! package.

I'd pick Via Napoli over Beaches and Cream, too. I think two ADRs on a F&W day would be too much. Plus, for Via Napoli, you could actually have an ADR, which would ensure you could get in fairly quickly. I know Beaches and Cream is small and waiting without an ADR and with a little kid might not be much fun. My experience at the 40th has convinced me to stay away at every other park's anniversary.

I'm starting to lean to that option as well. Speaking of your experience.....when I was thinking about that day being the Epcot anniversary, I immediately thought of you & your TR! That's why I started to rethink going there for dinner that night. So, thank you! :goodvibes

Ok, 2 more questions:

1. Which would be better as a lunch ADR: Via Napoli or Chefs?

2. Would y'all go there for lunch (walking from Boardwalk) even if it was a "non-recommended park" on the day after the race? We probably wouldn't stay long since I'd want to get checked in & settled at OKW.

Let's see- We just ate at Mama Melrose on our trip in Feb, and I was surprised at how good it was. Dh, my mom and I all enjoyed our food. It was a nice atmosphere, and I'd definitely go again.

Sci-Fi- well, I like the restaurant, but I would say that food is so-so. When we go I usually order the burger because they can't mess it up too bad, but my family has eaten some real train wrecks. I do also worry about some of the clips being too scary, and it is dark in there.

One other thing about the Fantasmic package, is that you will get an appetizer included, and it is still only one credit. If you ate at Mama Melrose on the Fantasmic package, you'd get more bang for your buck, even if you skipped watching Fantasmic.

As for eating at Chefs on the night of the 30th anniversary- well, I'd do it. If the only thing you are doing is going for dinner, I think you'd be OK. Remember that Epcot is a much larger park than MK, so it distributes crowds better, and if you could enter through the international gateway, you'd be really close to France and not have to fight a lot of crowds.

I wouldn't plan two TS meals during F&W, you won't have any room for the kiosks!

Oh and if it came down to Via Napoli or Chefs, I'd pick Via Napoli, that pizza looks divine! :cloud9:

hi amanda!!! I am lte for the party...so sorry my friend :hug: You started your PTR :woohoo: Your last TR was great!!!

Busy weekend, birthday party & date night!!!! :dance3: You'll need date night after a party for (2) 4 year old boys :eek:

You know I am not a huge TS person....we did Sci-Fi before, but from reading reviews from Mama Melrose..I'd probably pick MM..Sci-Fi was OK...just OK. If Reid might get scared, I'd skip F! I have YET to do F! As you know HRH is not a fan of noise:confused3 As for lunch I'd do Via Napolis (yum) we grabbed take out there F&W and were pleasantly surprised...As for F&W, I have a friend who is taking his Disneymoon there the same week you are, and he does F&W yearly....:worship: He mentioned he NEVER has room to eat a TS meal after all the snacking (and beverages) 1 ADR that day would be PLENTY....ugh, now I want Italian food ;)

Looking forward to the journey to ToT :yay:

Let's see- We just ate at Mama Melrose on our trip in Feb, and I was surprised at how good it was. Dh, my mom and I all enjoyed our food. It was a nice atmosphere, and I'd definitely go again.

Sci-Fi- well, I like the restaurant, but I would say that food is so-so. When we go I usually order the burger because they can't mess it up too bad, but my family has eaten some real train wrecks. I do also worry about some of the clips being too scary, and it is dark in there.

One other thing about the Fantasmic package, is that you will get an appetizer included, and it is still only one credit. If you ate at Mama Melrose on the Fantasmic package, you'd get more bang for your buck, even if you skipped watching Fantasmic.

I've never done the F! package before, so that's really good to know that you get the appetizer with it. I like your idea of booking it, even if we don't go to Fantasmic. I think I'm leaning towards doing this.

As for eating at Chefs on the night of the 30th anniversary- well, I'd do it. If the only thing you are doing is going for dinner, I think you'd be OK. Remember that Epcot is a much larger park than MK, so it distributes crowds better, and if you could enter through the international gateway, you'd be really close to France and not have to fight a lot of crowds.

I am so torn about what to do on this night. Part of me says it won't be as bad as the MK anniversary. But, the other part of me is scared that I'd make the ADR & then show up at Epcot that afternoon only to be turned away because the park is at capacity. That would be just my luck! :lmao:

I wouldn't plan two TS meals during F&W, you won't have any room for the kiosks!

Yeah, the more I think about it, I think I'm ready to completely pull that option off the table.

Oh and if it came down to Via Napoli or Chefs, I'd pick Via Napoli, that pizza looks divine! :cloud9:

I agree! I asked Ed the other night if he could only eat at 1, which he would choose. I was certain he was going to say Via Napoli. He chose Chefs. :confused3 But, I know in the end he won't care. :laughing:

hi amanda!!! I am lte for the party...so sorry my friend :hug: You started your PTR :woohoo: Your last TR was great!!!

Hi, Jeanette! You're not late! I'm just getting this party started! Thank you & I'm glad you're here!

[
Busy weekend, birthday party & date night!!!! :dance3: You'll need date night after a party for (2) 4 year old boys :eek:

Yes - busy but fun! We rarely go on date nights but we have 1 this weekend & next weekend Reid will be sleeping at my mom's for 1 night while we go to New Orleans for Ed to run a race. We won't know how to act with all of this adult time! :rotfl:

[
You know I am not a huge TS person....we did Sci-Fi before, but from reading reviews from Mama Melrose..I'd probably pick MM..Sci-Fi was OK...just OK. If Reid might get scared, I'd skip F! I have YET to do F! As you know HRH is not a fan of noise:confused3 As for lunch I'd do Via Napolis (yum) we grabbed take out there F&W and were pleasantly surprised...As for F&W, I have a friend who is taking his Disneymoon there the same week you are, and he does F&W yearly....:worship: He mentioned he NEVER has room to eat a TS meal after all the snacking (and beverages) 1 ADR that day would be PLENTY....ugh, now I want Italian food ;)

Looking forward to the journey to ToT :yay:

I think I'm starting to lean towards MM but will probably skip Fantasmic. :sad1:

Yeah, I think I need to stick to just 1 ADR for our full Epcot day. We'll probably share the snacks we get from the kiosks so that we don't get too full. And Ed is a bit picky so I don't think we'll try too many things. Hopefully, that'll keep us a little hungry for dinner that night.

That's the thing I hate about figuring out ADRs......it always makes me hungry! :rotfl2:

I am almost no help with your adr situation.

For the last two years we had lunch at Sci-fi and dinner at Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic Package. If I was picking right now, I would chose Sci-fi. We had not so great service the first year and then pretty much no service the second year. Each time we waited forever to be seated and then had to wait forever to put in our order. The food was okay though. However both years we were at DHS for SWW and it was usually a madhouse those days.

:laughing:I always have a had time picking between Chefs and Via Napoli. I was kind of thinking of doing Chefs for lunch and Via for dinner. I know that will be too many adrs for you with the booth out though. Tough call.

I hope you have a great date night. :thumbsup2

I'm here!! :wave:

H&V's breakfast is reallllllly good. Maybe do a late breakfast that will suffice for lunch too??

We've had Sci Fi twice, and Mama Melrose 3 times. I liked all 3 Mama Melrose, and neither one of the Sci Fi :rotfl: Well one Sci Fi I didn't like, and one was mediocre. The F! package will be worth it!

Chefs vs. Via Napoli: Love them both for lunch. Via Napoli is a fave for me so it takes the lead.

My thoughts:

We enjoy both Sci-Fi and Mama Melrose. Sci-Fi you are better off with just the burgers or reuben (and the onion rings are a must); Mama Melrose is good and we've always had great service. The problem with Mama Melrose is that they often are running way behind and you end up with a long wait. I am hoping to squeeze in Fantasmic in September...we've not seen since 2008.

I can't help on Epcot because we've never eaten at Via Napoli or Chef's France (although if I had to choose between the two I would definitely go with Via Napoli).

Happy Birthday party to cute, Reid.

If it were me, I would not do 2 TS at Epcot during F&W. Too many yummy choices. We're doing Via Napoli for the first time this trip, so I can let you know in a month or so how we liked it. :lmao:

I saw that someone suggested a late breakfast at H&V--that might work out if you do the Fantasmic package, because arent all the dinner times for that super early? When I've looked into it, the times were all at like 3 or 4 pm for dinner.

I did not bood Sci-Fi this trip specifically because I was afraid that Maddie would be scared, plus some of the movie clips can be pretty inappropriate IMO.

Hope it helps! Good luck, and happy party day to Reid!

Hi, Amanda!

What a beautiful family! Reid is just adorable!:lovestruc

Just found your PTR in your post when catching up on the RC thread, so came right over - certainly do not want to miss the fun! :thumbsup2

Going to catch up - page three, not too bad!;)

I'm here!! :wave:

Hi, there! Thanks for coming over & joining in!

H&V's breakfast is reallllllly good. Maybe do a late breakfast that will suffice for lunch too??

I was thinking of possibly doing that for H&V. And then we could do an early dinner at ADR @ MM. :scratchin

We've had Sci Fi twice, and Mama Melrose 3 times. I liked all 3 Mama Melrose, and neither one of the Sci Fi :rotfl: Well one Sci Fi I didn't like, and one was mediocre. The F! package will be worth it!

I think I'm starting to strongly lean towards MM versus Sci-Fi.

Chefs vs. Via Napoli: Love them both for lunch. Via Napoli is a fave for me so it takes the lead.

That's good to know that you like them both for lunch. I am really excited to try out Via Napoli. We were supposed to eat there last May but Ed asked me to cancel our ADR & book us at Rose & Crown instead. R&C was really good but I am excited to finally try Via Napoli this year.

My thoughts:

We enjoy both Sci-Fi and Mama Melrose. Sci-Fi you are better off with just the burgers or reuben (and the onion rings are a must); Mama Melrose is good and we've always had great service. The problem with Mama Melrose is that they often are running way behind and you end up with a long wait. I am hoping to squeeze in Fantasmic in September...we've not seen since 2008.

Hmmm....sounds like we may enjoy the food at MM more for a TS meal. If I go with MM though, I should probably aim for the 1st dinner ADR of the night.

I hope you get to see Fantasmic while you're there! I love that show & miss seeing it.

I can't help on Epcot because we've never eaten at Via Napoli or Chef's France (although if I had to choose between the two I would definitely go with Via Napoli).

It seems like a lot of people really like Via Napoli. I am really excited to give it a try.

Happy Birthday party to cute, Reid.

Thank you!

If it were me, I would not do 2 TS at Epcot during F&W. Too many yummy choices. We're doing Via Napoli for the first time this trip, so I can let you know in a month or so how we liked it. :lmao:

Yeah, I think I'm definitely taking the option of doing both in 1 day off the table. I'll either try to work them in on separate days or we'll just have to lose 1 ADR. I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

I saw that someone suggested a late breakfast at H&V--that might work out if you do the Fantasmic package, because arent all the dinner times for that super early? When I've looked into it, the times were all at like 3 or 4 pm for dinner.

That's what I'm thinking. That could work out pretty well for us. I'm going to look into the dinner times for the F! package at MM.

I did not bood Sci-Fi this trip specifically because I was afraid that Maddie would be scared, plus some of the movie clips can be pretty inappropriate IMO.

I think you're the 2nd person to mention that some of the clips are inappropriate. Now, y'all have me curious! :laughing: But, I could see Reid being scared (either really scared or the fake-scared-but-I'm-still-not-going-to-eat).

Hope it helps! Good luck, and happy party day to Reid!

You did help, indeed! Thank you!

Hi, Amanda!

Hi! I'm so happy to have you here!

What a beautiful family! Reid is just adorable!:lovestruc

Awww.....thank you!

Just found your PTR in your post when catching up on the RC thread, so came right over - certainly do not want to miss the fun! :thumbsup2

Going to catch up - page three, not too bad!;)

I'm so glad you found your way here to join in on my planning!

Amanda!!! So glad you started your PTR!!!! Now go ahead and get excited about this trip, girl!!! You are traveling during F&W, the only time that we have ever done WDW and we won't be there this year - you have to live it up big for us!!!!

You know how much I LOVED BWV!!!!! However, I am fascinated by OKW - dying to hear more about it. Any report I have read that has included a stay there has had positive reviews. I am so excited that you will experience it!!!!

Okay, wait, Reid had a birthday? He turned FOUR, right???? All kids seem to be growing up too fast for me, so I need a reality check! :rotfl2:

1. On our DHS day, I am wanting to do the 1st ADR lunch time for Hollywood & Vine. I am less than excited about the food but Reid loves all of the characters. And I figure I only have so much time left for him to love these Disney Junior characters. For dinner, I was thinking of doing dinner at Sci-Fi. Here's where my uncertainty comes into play. We've never eaten there before so I'm unsure about the food. My other thought is "Should we do the F!package & eat at Mama Melrose instead?" We've never eaten there either, so I don't know about the food. Also, I really want to see Fantasmic because I love it & haven't seen it on our last 2 trips. But, Reid still spooks easily so he may not like it yet. Ok, this was longwinded (sorry) but it comes down to this: Sci-Fi or Mama Melrose? F! package or not?

Hmmm, no help. If I am in DHS, I WILL be dining at Hollywood Brown Derby. :rotfl2: NO, it does not matter what anyone else wants, that is where I will be!!! :rotfl2:

2. There are 2 ADRs at Epcot that Ed & I are both really wanting to make: Via Napoli & Chefs de France. With F&W festival going on, we really didn't want to do them both in the same day. On Monday, October 1st we were thinking of going to Epcot just for dinner at Chefs (arriving around 4pm). But, then I realized that it's the 30th anniversary of Epcot. Would we be crazy to attempt going there just for dinner? If we don't go that night, I have 2 other options for us to work in both ADRs.
Option A: The day after the race, I was planning on us doing lunch at Beaches & Cream before checking in at OKW. But, I could scratch that & we could go to Epcot for lunch.
Option B: Do both ADRs in one day at Epcot. We just wouldn't be able to try too much at the F&W kiosks.

Ok, to recap situation #2: Do we:
- brave Epcot on the anniversary just for dinner OR
- lunch at Epcot instead of Beaches & Cream OR
- do Chefs & Via in one day at Epcot

I appreciate any insight, thoughts, suggestions! I think these are the only ones I'm really torn about....at least tonight. :laughing: I'm sure come Sunday night I'll be rethinking all of them! :sad2:
Okay based on our experience staying at an Epcot resort last year and heading over there pretty much every evening, the crowds can get INSANE - add another special event, and you couldn't pay me to go in there. Now, I am talking the Friday/Saturday crowds during our stay - they were horrendous, and really made things pretty unpleasant with a small child. Given that the Epcot anniversary is on a Monday, though, I can't imagine that it would be toooooo much worse than other F&W nights - certainly couldn't be worse than the F&W weekend nights that we experienced.

F&W is so much fun - I would never book more than one TS meal on an Epcot day. But, honestly, I couldn't handle more than one TS meal on any day. :rotfl2:

Amanda!!! So glad you started your PTR!!!! Now go ahead and get excited about this trip, girl!!! You are traveling during F&W, the only time that we have ever done WDW and we won't be there this year - you have to live it up big for us!!!!

I'm so glad you're here! :goodvibes I'm turning the corner & getting excited about the vacation. I will try & live it up for y'all!

You know how much I LOVED BWV!!!!! However, I am fascinated by OKW - dying to hear more about it. Any report I have read that has included a stay there has had positive reviews. I am so excited that you will experience it!!!!

I know....your TR made my desire to stay at Boardwalk grow that much more. I'm still a little worried as to how much I'm going to like OKW. But, I've pretty much come to terms with staying there. In the end, I know that we'll be at Disney & all will be ok no matter where we sleep at night.

Okay, wait, Reid had a birthday? He turned FOUR, right???? All kids seem to be growing up too fast for me, so I need a reality check! :rotfl2:

Yes! Can you believe he's 4? :sad2: Our babies are growing up way too fast!

Hmmm, no help. If I am in DHS, I WILL be dining at Hollywood Brown Derby. :rotfl2: NO, it does not matter what anyone else wants, that is where I will be!!! :rotfl2:

We did consider doing HBD but I just didn't know if I wanted to utilize 2 TS credits on one place. But, your review of it in your TR is what made me consider it in the first place. Who knows, after I look at our ADR list tomorrow, it could end up on the list for Monday morning. :rotfl:

Okay based on our experience staying at an Epcot resort last year and heading over there pretty much every evening, the crowds can get INSANE - add another special event, and you couldn't pay me to go in there. Now, I am talking the Friday/Saturday crowds during our stay - they were horrendous, and really made things pretty unpleasant with a small child. Given that the Epcot anniversary is on a Monday, though, I can't imagine that it would be toooooo much worse than other F&W nights - certainly couldn't be worse than the F&W weekend nights that we experienced.

F&W is so much fun - I would never book more than one TS meal on an Epcot day. But, honestly, I couldn't handle more than one TS meal on any day. :rotfl2:

I'm still very undecided as to what to do about our Epcot ADRs. Who knows what I'll end up deciding.

I am excited to experience F&W and try out some yummy food!

I'm so glad you're here! :goodvibes I'm turning the corner & getting excited about the vacation. I will try & live it up for y'all!
Yay!!! You are going to have so much fun - it is an awesome time of year to be there. I can't remember - are you doing MNSSHP????

I know....your TR made my desire to stay at Boardwalk grow that much more. I'm still a little worried as to how much I'm going to like OKW. But, I've pretty much come to terms with staying there. In the end, I know that we'll be at Disney & all will be ok no matter where we sleep at night.
I am not kidding - I really do want to stay there. You should be excited about it!!! I think the villas are more spacious than anywhere else - won't that be great???? Or is it just me that LOVES my space? :laughing: I definitely intend to stay there one day. :woohoo:

Yes! Can you believe he's 4? :sad2: Our babies are growing up way too fast!
How can that little guy be 4 already? I am always so conflicted - I hate seeing Willow grow up so fast, and at the same time, I always look forward to and enjoy the new things we can do together as she gets older. Parenting - it is tough, isn't it???

We did consider doing HBD but I just didn't know if I wanted to utilize 2 TS credits on one place. But, your review of it in your TR is what made me consider it in the first place. Who knows, after I look at our ADR list tomorrow, it could end up on the list for Monday morning. :rotfl:
Yeah, we don't do the DDP because it would never be worth it for us. I can see how HBD wouldn't be ideal on the DDP. Heck, I can't imagine eating a MEAL after having the "appetizer" cobb salad - I mean, that thing is big enough for two to share as a full meal! :laughing: I can't imagine ordering anything there except that salad and the champagne flight. :rotfl2:

I'm still very undecided as to what to do about our Epcot ADRs. Who knows what I'll end up deciding.
Well, as you know, I ended up canceling all of our Epcot ADRs except our ADR at Le Cellier for lunch the day after MNSSHP. So I canceled at least Via Napoli and La Hacienda - two places I really wanted to try. The F&W booths and the heat just made doing big meals impossible for us. Now getting to have a leisurely sit-down late lunch after being up until after midnight at a party? That was heavenly. :cloud9: My vote is to make an ADR at every place that you want to eat and can get an ADR - you can decide what you actually want to do when you are there. That is, of course, assuming that these places don't require deposits. I saw a thread title that implied more restaurants were doing that - not sure it that is accurate because I didn't actually have time to read the thread! :confused3

I am excited to experience F&W and try out some yummy food!
Oh, you will love it! It is just so fun to wander around, stop when something catches your eye, etc. I can't imagine what fun it would be without children....... :rotfl2:

Yay!!! You are going to have so much fun - it is an awesome time of year to be there. I can't remember - are you doing MNSSHP????

I think it will be fun with lots of firsts for us to try out. Yes, we will be trying out MNSSHP. So, I am quite excited about that! :goodvibes

I am not kidding - I really do want to stay there. You should be excited about it!!! I think the villas are more spacious than anywhere else - won't that be great???? Or is it just me that LOVES my space? :laughing: I definitely intend to stay there one day. :woohoo:

I did read that the studios at OKW are the largest DVC studios. So, it'll be nice to have a large room. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures for you!

How can that little guy be 4 already? I am always so conflicted - I hate seeing Willow grow up so fast, and at the same time, I always look forward to and enjoy the new things we can do together as she gets older. Parenting - it is tough, isn't it???

I know, right?!? It is bittersweet watching them grow up. Part of me wants him to stay this sweet young age forever. But, the logical side of me knows that watching him grow is a wonderful thing, too.

Yeah, we don't do the DDP because it would never be worth it for us. I can see how HBD wouldn't be ideal on the DDP. Heck, I can't imagine eating a MEAL after having the "appetizer" cobb salad - I mean, that thing is big enough for two to share as a full meal! :laughing: I can't imagine ordering anything there except that salad and the champagne flight. :rotfl2:

That Cobb salad does sound delicious! I'm sure one day we'll make an ADR at HBD.

Well, as you know, I ended up canceling all of our Epcot ADRs except our ADR at Le Cellier for lunch the day after MNSSHP. So I canceled at least Via Napoli and La Hacienda - two places I really wanted to try. The F&W booths and the heat just made doing big meals impossible for us. Now getting to have a leisurely sit-down late lunch after being up until after midnight at a party? That was heavenly. :cloud9: My vote is to make an ADR at every place that you want to eat and can get an ADR - you can decide what you actually want to do when you are there. That is, of course, assuming that these places don't require deposits. I saw a thread title that implied more restaurants were doing that - not sure it that is accurate because I didn't actually have time to read the thread! :confused3

Epcot is just throwing me for a loop this trip! Between the race night & the Epcot anniversary, planning these ADRs are just a little tricky!

Oh, you will love it! It is just so fun to wander around, stop when something catches your eye, etc. I can't imagine what fun it would be without children....... :rotfl2:

Yes, I definitely want to experience F&W one day without a child in tow! :laughing:

In case it is not too late - here are my thoughts on EPCOT ADRS and F&W (with and without children)

I have never tried via nappoli (I think I spelled that wrong...) but I have been to Chefs a few times and really enjoyed it (was several years ago, so no Remy... but I have been for both lunch and dinner and really enjoyed it, as did my dinning companions -- an eclectic assortment of tastes and preferences to say the least!

Food and Wine Fest is my all time favorite thing in the World. :cool1: I have been as part of a three generation family experience, in a smaller family group, and with just my dear friend -- each and every time has been wonderful :goodvibes Even the year it did nothing but rain :rotfl:

As my son has grown up (17 now:scared1: when did that happen!!! Just last week!) he has loved it too. When he was small he used to love to be pushed around in his Disney cart with his tray of his favorite meal in the world -- fries from McDonalds and the Salmon from Canada -- we would have to keep going back to the Canada cart over and over -- and then he would talk about it all year :laughing: anyway -- love the carts, love the food, LOVE the drinks :goodvibes and we are always full to the brim from the experience. We stay in the boardwalk area and tend to good to EPCOT everyday of each trip -- we love to start in MK for a couple of hours when the park opens and then monorail over to EPCOT in time for the carts to open for lunch.

As for the grown-ups only version of F&W -- a lovely time -- and was so stress free :cool1: my friend loved it and we are already planning to return -- I highly recommend it :goodvibes

Hi, Jeanette! You're not late! I'm just getting this party started! Thank you & I'm glad you're here!

Yes - busy but fun! We rarely go on date nights but we have 1 this weekend & next weekend Reid will be sleeping at my mom's for 1 night while we go to New Orleans for Ed to run a race. We won't know how to act with all of this adult time! :rotfl:
It will be great!!!!! :lovestruc Time flies on date nights though, doesn't it???? I worked 3p-11p last night, DH and I stayed up just chatting for 2 hours....it was wonderful!!

Hi Deena!!! You know we loved H&V too for Breakfast!!!! :banana:
I'd rather eat on the run...really cuts into my park time :rotfl2: that's why I love everyone's TRs :goodvibes
Parenting - it is tough, isn't it???

Parenting is tough , but in a good way right :hug: F&W without the kiddos was a whole new experience...a wonderful experience. Even with the crowds...it was relaxing!!! :cloud9:

As for the grown-ups only version of F&W -- a lovely time -- and was so stress free :cool1: my friend loved it and we are already planning to return -- I highly recommend it :goodvibes

Me too!!!!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter