I feel unprepared for F&W

airplane

DIS Veteran
I am leaving on Thrursday and this is the one and only thing I have not reasearched to death. I plan on speding a lot of time at EPCOT. Do I have anything to worry about? Do I just show up and eat and drink my way around?

that's what we did. We really didn't want to do the seminars and whatnot yet, so we really just walked around the WS sampling the fares.

there really isn't anything to prepare for. Just pick up the schedule when you come through the gate to enter park and enjoy! The schedule changes often, if not daily for some of the free tastings/seminars etc.

Just a suggestion, dont do what we did!! Dont drink beer in Morocco and then eat Quiche, and then try Peach nectar champagne in Italy and so on and so on and so on............it leads to an ugly afternoon in Epcot!! Take your time and dont feel compelled to try everything! Some things dont mix well in the stomach with other things!! haha

I'd also suggest avoiding Friday and Saturday nights. A lot of the locals come then and it was packed when we were there Sat.night. Lines to purchase samples were 25-30 people deep and moving S-L-O-W!

"Have fork, will travel" was our motto and about all you need to know! :teeth:

I feel like I am in the same boat, my DW and I are doing FW on 10/29. Don't know what to expect, but it sounds like fun. The only thing I plan on doing to prepare is going on an empty stomach:)

just returned. we were there for opening weekend and a few days after. ditto the avoid the friday and sat night thing. lots more locals.

if you are not into the seminars, you can easily make your way around WS and try samples. we did so several times thru our trip. (always found ourselves back at the good old fish and chips stand though - a regular part of the UK area, not a F&W addition.)

go, stroll, eat, drink, have a good time.

- lori

I went last weekend (alone) and had a great time of it:

Always love the Sha Cha Chicken so that's usually my first stop -- didn't disappoint again this year!

Escargot and Quiche - great!

Tokyo Roll - Very good

Cheese Soup - GREAT!
Honey Maple Glazed Salmon - Very good

Chilaquiles - disappointing

Crab Cakes - Not good! (I'm a big fan of crab cakes!)

Wine Walk-About - fun, but nothing spectacular there! All wines I can get locally.

Italy's Sparkling Wines -- YUMMMMMMY
Champagne Pommery Brut
Banfi Rosa Regale
Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee

Also went monorailing -- had a glass of the Happiest Celebration on Earth Chardonnay at each monorail resort.

Heading back SOON!

airplane said:
I am leaving on Thrursday and this is the one and only thing I have not reasearched to death. I plan on speding a lot of time at EPCOT. Do I have anything to worry about? Do I just show up and eat and drink my way around?

Nothing to plan really (unless you were doing the seminars) Just go hungry...

Besides, anything you would have planned would have went out the window once you started drinking anyways... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Have fun! I *llooooovvvvee* the F&WF!!! Love it!!!

Just bring plenty of cash (each sample costs a few dollars) and have fun! My DH and I were there last year, and it was fun to wander around each day & sample the different foods. Our favorites were the cheddar cheese soup (Canada) and the chocolate creme brulee (France). Don't try to sample everything in one day; pace yourself! Happy snacking.

If you are on the dining plan, the food items at the F&W booths count as snacks on the plan. It was a great surprise for us!

I am a researcher and planner, and this is the only thing I don't worry about. The booths are out around the World Showcase, and you just wander up and try what you like. The only thing I would add is that if you have the dining plan, you can use the snack credits for many food items in the booths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter