I feel sick - so sick..

yay thank you :goodvibes

After a while though, i just gave up. I just wanted to finish it so bad so i could say "Haha! In your face VMK! I beat your dumb quest!" :lmao:

Edited: I hope VMK is satisfied with what they have done.

VMK should reward those who completed the Pirates,Ghost and Jungle Cruise tasks, stayed to help others, yet did not finish the quest.

It would have been more possible to complete the difficult tasks if VMK had accounted for the "Lag Filled and Crowded Pirates Docks".

Congratulations to those who completed it, and to those that didn't, Super try.

I only hope the next quest work's out better.

What makes me feel sick is that you took time out of your quest to help me in pirates and in doing so you were unable to finish. My offer is still there, and I am holding items for you and your family as a thank you, I know it isn't the same but I hope it helps

mesbijoux, I totally empathize. I too am a stay at home mom and I spent all day today yelling at my kids or ignoring them to try and beat the deadline. I have a six year old and one year old.

I don't think quests like this take our busy lives in mind when they design them.

Yesterday we were all helping eachother and didn't get a chance to finish the quest.
Thank you guys SO much! :hug: No, I didn't pass the quest but it felt really good to help everyone out and to know that everyone was helping me out; and it makes me feel bad that we didn't make it in the end. :(
Congratulations to everyone who did make it and sorry to everyone who didn't. :hug:

Well made it to the Jungle cruise and got 38,000 but that was the best I could do and that just wasnt good enough. :guilty:

I could have maybe made it if I would have played it yesterday but I didnt was busy with trying to get some others through the pirates.

Feel bad for wasting my time and this has given me chance to re evaluate some things so Im taking a vacation from VMK.

Thanks to all who helped Ultracoolmouse! (me) and to those I couldnt get through I did not forget you I just ran out of time.

I got as far as the jungle cruise before the time ran out. So close but so far away LOL

What makes me feel sick is that you took time out of your quest to help me in pirates and in doing so you were unable to finish. My offer is still there, and I am holding items for you and your family as a thank you, I know it isn't the same but I hope it helps

You are sweet - but really I am very happy for you. You helped some of our team out too - I'm glad to have been a part of helping ppl get thru the quest.

Honestly, it's partly my bad. When ppl were asking if I could come back and help a friend or family member who weren't part of the teams - I should've said later - after I finished Q. I really thought we'd have thru the end of day.

Noah handled the news fairly well. He's very dissapointed but said something along the lines of "well, I'm sure most of the stuff will show up at Ned's eventually". My nine year old seemed to handle the bad news better than either his father or I LOL.

I was ABOUT To make a thread like this, not because of failing the quest.

because i got so addicted to VMK and that stupid quest, my parents yelled at me so bad for trying to help others. I feel im sick in the head for even GOING on VMK. Im wasting worthless hours of my time sitting in a room by myself doing nothing. But now im addicted and i cant help it. -.-

Yup, Addiction Hurts :goodvibes

I was ABOUT To make a thread like this, not because of failing the quest.

because i got so addicted to VMK and that stupid quest, my parents yelled at me so bad for trying to help others. I feel im sick in the head for even GOING on VMK. Im wasting worthless hours of my time sitting in a room by myself doing nothing. But now im addicted and i cant help it. -.-

I have the same problem, I sneak on the computer when my parents aren't looking, and when they see me they tell me I've had enough. I have to get away from vmk for a while, it is ruining my mind, it is taking over my life. Maybe vmk really isn't such a good thing. Like my parents always say "Too much of a good thing is bad". It's true! I need to get back to my real life. I need to take a break from this virtual world of craziness and insanity.

I really feel for you, I spent many many many hours in front of the computer, skipped 3 of my classes and put off doing a bunch of homework which I now have to do tonight instead of sleeping. Its my own fault, but I really thought I'd have a shot at finishing this quest. Its incredible the hold vmk has over me. I really should have logged off and lived my life instead of doing this quest and I feel like a lazy slacker now.
I feel the exact same way, and especially at the end I really thought I could make it. It's horrible that I have to think, oh if I hadn't stayed to help another player through mansion, oh if we had gotten pirates organized earlier this morning, oh if I had been on the computer all freaking weekend, oh IF I'D HAD 15 GOSH DARN MORE MINUTES, I would feel like I had wasted hours of my life, but being so close and not getting it makes all of those things that I put off to work on this seem so much worse. I feel your pain, and I feel like I should have logged off and ignored this quest too.

I am with you. My parents say you are not even going to come downstairs to eat anymore. Just play your silly little game. And I do think they are right. Its just that im so hooked to talking to my great friends I cant stop. Egh

This is also why I had to stop early. I played all of Saturday, felt a little ill, and had issues sleeping- with thoughts reverting to VMK. I played until like, 1 on Sunday and was feeling really ill and had to have lunch. That night I didn't sleep at all. So, I had to tell myself was this really worth making myself physically sick over?

My husband, son and I worked on quest for 2 1/2 full days - we didn't make it. We all ended at jungle.

I thought it was the right thing to do - helping out not just my team but others in a bind. Ends up that I made some good friends and got them thru to the final, made some decent credits and have nothing else to show for ridiculous amount of online hours.

My house is a mess, my kids are missing their mommy and I guess now it's time to get back to the real world. Maybe tonight when I go to sleep I can finally stop dreaming about pirates :rolleyes:

Teehee, I dreamed about pirates too!
The first night when I had tried over and over and OVER again to succeed at pirates, I just couldn't get it off my mind. Every single hour I would wake up in my sleep and go, "NO! STOP DREAMING ABOUT PIRATES!" :scared1: I was trying to make up plans and what-not in my slumber, and I even dreamed of winning. But then I woke up once more and realized that I had dreamed... that crushed me. Uh, it was so tiring, and the next morning I was exhausted - mainly because of my loss of sleep.

Yet, I finished the quest, and now I'm back to my normal dreams. They're crazy and random, but I appreciate them much better now. :angel:
Just keep swimming!
-->Faye-Marie

I had planned to play all day even been my back was killing me from sitting here most of Monday. I keep DCing and around 3pm I couldn't get back into the game at all just got BSOD. I finally had to lay down with a pain pill and the heating pad. After that I just lost all interest in it.

I'm so sad to hear you didn't make it!! :(

I got up at 6am so I could be ready to go at 7am so I had half an hour to finish before I had to leave for the airport. I ran through Jungle Cruise two times, knew I only had time for one more shot, and thought to myself...
"Well, at least if I fail I made some good friends."

And at least my very understanding wife didn't kill me for ignoring her all weekend! (weekend for us being Sun-Mon).

Then I made it, last possible second for me. Just barely. I finished the quest and ran out the door and was still able to make my flight. Only because I wasn't checking bags though!

Ultra lame that my tight schedule led to me making it when those able to dedicate more time to helping others got cheated out of it at noon.

Anyway, anytime you three ever need anything, let me know. I haven't even seen what I won since I've been traveling until just now, but you all earned a share in my rewards as I couldn't have done it without you, so let me know if there's any prizes anyone wants. I know it's not the same as having completed the quest yourself, but the offer stands.

And if nothing else, we made good new friends!
Maybe I'll catch you next week for a friendly game of pirates?
:laughing:
Just kidding. Maybe checkers or something. LOL

And I still say your husband has the best name on VMK. :) :3dglasses

Others helped me get through pirates on Sat. night, so I stayed up and tried to help others. When I got on Sunday afternoon, I finished the quest up while my friends were not on. I then stayed on to help others after that. I felt that I owed them that!

We had one person who I could tell felt really bad that he had finished pirates, and wanted to help others, but also wanted to finish quest. We all told him to go finish quest, as we would feel worse that we got him through pirates and then he didn't even finish.

It's like they say on the airplane...Help yourself first and then help those around you.

You are sweet - but really I am very happy for you. You helped some of our team out too - I'm glad to have been a part of helping ppl get thru the quest.

Honestly, it's partly my bad. When ppl were asking if I could come back and help a friend or family member who weren't part of the teams - I should've said later - after I finished Q. I really thought we'd have thru the end of day.

Noah handled the news fairly well. He's very dissapointed but said something along the lines of "well, I'm sure most of the stuff will show up at Ned's eventually". My nine year old seemed to handle the bad news better than either his father or I LOL.

My friend Adex doesn't post here, but she asked me to tell you that she really feels bad that you didn't pass and her offer to give you something still stands and will always be there, even if you need her to buy you the new magic that comes out.

I didn't do the quest myself, but I tried helping as many people as I could, but some were just not accepting my help. I hope the ones I did help got through the quest though. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter