I feel like a kid in a candy store! *UPDATE* WE MADE IT! (PW TR)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Okay so I’m back for another update! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was really good but way to short! I decided to come back and tell you a little more about us! I asked Dawn and the kids what their favorite things at Disney were and here are our answers!

Mine:
Favorite Park: DHS
Favorite Ride: Rockin’ Rollercoaster
Favorite Souvenir: Stuffed Tigger
Favorite Snack: Popcorn
Favorite Mode of Transportation: Monorail
Favorite resort I have stayed in: POFQ
Resort I most want to stay in: AOA in the Lion King Suite!
Favorite Character: Tigger (If you couldn’t tell already!)

Myra's picks
Favorite park~magic kingdom
Favorite ride~ rockin rollercoaster
Favorite souvenir~ dooney and bourke wristlet
Favorite snack~popcorn and cotton candy
Favorite mode of transportation~ bus
Favorite resort I have stayed in POP Century
Resort I most want to stay at~ boardwalk villas
Favorite Character~ buzz lightyear

Dawn’s Picks
Favorite Park~ Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride~ Rockin Rollercoaster
Favorite mode of Transportation~ monorail
Favorite resort~ Wilderness Lodge
Resort I most want to stay~ it is close between Beach club (for storm along bay) and Contemporary (for location)
Favorite Character~ Goofy
Favorite souvenir~ sweatshirt
Favorite movie~ Finding Nemo

Kaden’s Picks
Favorite park~ Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride~ Buzz Lightyear
Favorite mode of transportation~ monorail
Favorite Resort~ POP ( cause it is the only one he has been too)
Resort he wants to stay at~ Art of Annimation
Favorite Character~ Mickey Mouse
Favorite souvenir~ star wars light up toy
Favorite movie~ cars

I’m at work right now, waiting for the end of the day to come, not so patiently!! :surfweb:Then tonight I am going out trick or treating with Dawn and the kids! Can’t wait to see them in their costumes. :cool1:

This week is also the last week before our competition for cheer! :cheer2:We leave Friday as a team and we are all staying at a hotel. I’m hoping practice goes well this week to prepare us for the upcoming weekend! Crossing our fingers for another win and to make it further in hopes of making it to Disney!:wizard:

Good luck to you and the girls this weekend!

D~

I have exciting news!!:banana:

But first let me explain my weekend to you all. Friday night I had taken off work and I ran some errands then dismissed two of my cheerleaders from school and we were off to the hotel. The competition was two hours away so we stayed both Friday and Saturday. Friday night we all went out to dinner at Chillis. Imagine the look on their faces when we walked in on a packed Friday night and said “Party of 17 please!” But we all split up and got 4 different tables.

Saturday was the competition. It was a LONG day. We checked in at 1130am, preformed at about 3pm, and awards were at 10pm. We were the second to perform of 80 and we had to wait all day!! But finally awards came around. They got to our category, and announced our rival as Second place! We got so excited and all held hands! And first place goes to…………………………….

Another team. My girls were so bummed. :sad1: Some cried. I was heartbroken and couldn’t figure out what happened. Turns out something we did was considered illegal and it cost us 5 points. We then stayed at the hotel that night and I got a wonderful gift from my girls. They gave me a personal notepad, my favorite candy, gift cards to American Eagle and iTunes. It was thoughtful and so cute. :lovestruc

SO I bet your wondering why the title is “Exciting News” huh. Well, they have these things called “bids” and we got one! :cheer2: Basically what that means is that our team did well enough for the judges to notice us and feel that we were good enough to move on even though we didn’t place!! So after all that we are moving on afterall!! Our next competition is November 19th and if we win there, we go to Disney! So we are still in the running!! :dance3::yay::woohoo::cool1::thumbsup2

Please keep the thoughts coming we could use all the good vibes we can get! And as always I will keep you all updated!

Now THAT update was a nailbiter!!! :scared1: I am so glad you are still in the running, sounds like you all deserve it! Here's hoping for some cheerleading pixie dust in the next competition... pixiedust: :cheer2:

Were you able to find out exactly what move it was? That way you know not to do it at the next competition! :wizard: Much luck!!!

Yeah one of our stunts has two girl touching in the air. You can't have two extended stunts touching. Now to fix the problem and move on!

congrats to you and the girls.:cheer2:. I admit I will be a little jealous if you get to go without us

Ohmygoodness! That's amazing news!!!! I was heartbroken for you and the girls, but now I'm happy again! Best of luck on sorting out the "illegal" move and super awesome best of luck in the next competition! Can't wait for you to post a picture of the big trophy you'll tote away and your WDW details! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

YAY!:cheer2:
At first when you said you didn't win I was like :sad1:
then when you said it was because of a technicality I felt :eek:
but by the end I was :cloud9:
and I now I just want to :cheer2: as you move forward!

Now THAT update was a nailbiter!!! :scared1: I am so glad you are still in the running, sounds like you all deserve it! Here's hoping for some cheerleading pixie dust in the next competition... pixiedust: :cheer2:

Were you able to find out exactly what move it was? That way you know not to do it at the next competition! :wizard: Much luck!!!

Now THAT is very exciting news!

congrats to you and the girls.:cheer2:. I admit I will be a little jealous if you get to go without us

Ohmygoodness! That's amazing news!!!! I was heartbroken for you and the girls, but now I'm happy again! Best of luck on sorting out the "illegal" move and super awesome best of luck in the next competition! Can't wait for you to post a picture of the big trophy you'll tote away and your WDW details! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

YAY!:cheer2:
At first when you said you didn't win I was like :sad1:
then when you said it was because of a technicality I felt :eek:
but by the end I was :cloud9:
and I now I just want to :cheer2: as you move forward!

Thanks everyone! We are very excited! I had a meeting last night with the cheerleaders and their parents and all the parents are in it and want to start fundraising ASAP so that we can move on. So any ideas on how we can fundraise on a short notice? We find out if we move on on November 19th, and the payment is due on November 25th.:scared1::scared1:

Any suggestions welcome at this point!!

Thanks everyone! We are very excited! I had a meeting last night with the cheerleaders and their parents and all the parents are in it and want to start fundraising ASAP so that we can move on. So any ideas on how we can fundraise on a short notice? We find out if we move on on November 19th, and the payment is due on November 25th.:scared1::scared1:

Any suggestions welcome at this point!!

Fingers are crossed that you'll come up with the money and soon! I'm clueless about fundraising ... so I have no suggestions sadly. :( Is there maybe a business (or two) that could "sponsor" you? I don't even know if that's appropriate with all kinds of rules and such. :confused3

You're from Boston, right? Just go to Qunicy Market and have the team sit on the steps with a sign saying who they are and what you need. All those rich chicks spending money will throw a few your way :thumbsup2

Good luck!:cheer2:

Fingers are crossed that you'll come up with the money and soon! I'm clueless about fundraising ... so I have no suggestions sadly. :( Is there maybe a business (or two) that could "sponsor" you? I don't even know if that's appropriate with all kinds of rules and such. :confused3
I have asked the company my grandfather works for to sponsor us and I am going to ask around to local companies too. Were getting the word out now so we will see how that goes! Fingers crossed because that's the best way to get the money we need!

You're from Boston, right? Just go to Qunicy Market and have the team sit on the steps with a sign saying who they are and what you need. All those rich chicks spending money will throw a few your way :thumbsup2

Good luck!:cheer2:

I am from Boston but I live about 45 minutes outside of the city so it's not easy to get all girls together and in. And the girls are all 11,12, and 13, so I don't know how comfortable their parents would be with them doing that but thanks for the suggestion!

Yikes! We're always having to fundraise for one thing or another, but usually not on such short notice as this.I might recommend a garage sale. Get donations from all of your friends and family (and those of the girls). List it all on craigslist or ebay. We did a garage sale this summer for one group and raised $600. Not enough to cover everything but a start. You could always do the bake sale or a spaghetti dinner/breakfast burrito we find we do better if we just let people give donations for these things rather than placing a set fee.These really aren't great ideas, but I'm not all that creative. Sorry. I think you're on the right track looking for corporate sponsors. See if maybe you could get on a local TV station in the morning. That might help. Our fingers are crossed!

Hi all!

Sorry I have been MIA lately, been crazy stressed at work lately! Well tomorrow is the big day! Tomorrow we compete and find out if we are good enough to move on to Disney. I am both excited and nervous! Wish us luck!

I will be back tomorrow to update on the results, but it won't be until about 11pm Eastern time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter