• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I feel I am forgetting something!!!

Jacksnsteve19

Earning My Ears
Is it normal to feel like you are forgetting things when your sail date is almost here???

I know that I will go through the kids and our luggage at least 2 more times before sealing them up to make sure all is in there!!!

Not sure if it is because I have to actually "work" after our cruise or not, but I feel like I will be forgetting something! Did I pack everything for our "family time" on the the cruise? Did I pack everything for my "work time" at my conference??? Maybe it was not the best idea to think I could stay in Disney and actually think in something besides vacation mode!!! LOL

It is normal and I am a stresser. But I have learned after all this time that the only thing that is important to NOT leave behind are my kids and my DH :) Everything else can be bought on board or at a port if it is that important that we really need it.

Passports. Form of payment. Change of clothes. Medicine. Camera. Printed itinerary so you'll know where to be when. Other than that, you are good to go!

The things that go into my carry-on bag about a month out or as soon as they arrive that I really don't want to forget are:

1: Passports
2: Cruise documents (filled out in advance).
3: Airline tickets
4: Medications
5: WDW resort documents (we always fly in at least one day in advance)

I figure just about anything else can easily be bought if forgotten. So far we haven't forgot anything important. DW teases me a lot on this one but; about a month out everything that I know I really want to ware or have along goes into my luggage. That way I don't have to do last minute laundry (like my wife does) to make sure it does go along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter