I enjoyed DLP

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
Well I went to DLP for the first time last week and I had a great time.

I was staying at the Santa Fe for my first DLP experience and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at this low budget hotel. The room I thought was a good size as was the bathroom. I thought that the hotel served it's purpose well.

I loved the look of the other hotels and ofcourse I can't wait to stay at either Newport Bay or Sequia Lodge with Paul in the near future, yes I will go back.

I didn't even venture into the Studios as there really wasn't enough time. We got to the DL park late Wednesday afternoon around 5ish and stayed until closing and then we decided to spend the whole day again at DL on the Thursday and then I was on my way back home again around 9ish on Friday morning.

I felt that I did the DL park jusitce.

High points for me were: Big Thunder Mountain definately better than it's 2 US counterparts. I thought Pirates was also very good. I really enjoyed the 2 shows, I love the Tarzan show here. I thought the Castle was very pretty. Overall I was thoroughly impressed with all the theming.

I managed to survive Indiana Jones but wish I hadn't had the ice cream beforehand.

Low points: Space Mountain was a big disappointment for me. It hurt me so much. My head kept banging side to side no matter how hard I tried to keep it pushed back into the head rest/cushion. It wasn't a smooth ride at all and I also got a bruise on my arm. This also meant that I was concentrating on all these side effects whilst the ride was in motion that I didn't really get to enjoy the ride at all. Why was it so jerky? It gave me a real headache and I couldn't understand why people actually "enjoyed" this coaster - I'm a real coaster lover but I would be hard pressed to be convinced to go on this coaster again........IT HURT :(

In the park we had hot dogs at Casey's and a light lunch at L'Auberge in Fantasyland, very nice. Ate at Sequia Lodge and Newport Bay - both nice meals.

I can't wait to go back to DLP and really give this place some serious attention :teeth:

Welcome Home Sam!!

Glad you had a nice time :)

It's a shame about Space Mountain - I can't say I have ever experienced any problems before, I love this ride - it's Indiana Jones that always bumps my head around everywhere and gives me a headache!

Glad you liked your meals at Auberge and in the hotels - we are regular visitors to Auberge and enjoy The Cape Cod buffet in Newport Bay Club.

I can't wait to go back to DLP and really give this place some serious attention
Time to start some more planning ;)

Richard. :)

.. I know I've already posted to your thread on UK CB but had to post to this as well :) !

I'm really pleased you enjoyed your trip - I made a similar comment to Richard about your SM experience on my other post.

Isn't the Tarzan show fab ?!

I've also found that Space Mountain is getting rougher and rougher. Wish they'd give it a major rehab. Sometimes it feels like it has square wheels...

Regards

Rob

Hi Sam,

I enjoyed your mini trip report.

We are planning to take just one day from our trip to Paris (October) and spend it at DLP park - hitting the highlights only (no parades or shows).

I have been trying to decide between a lunch at Blue Lagoon or Auberge du Cendrillion but am tending strongly toward the latter one so I was excited to see you enjoyed your meal there.

Could you please give details on your lunch at Auberge - what you ate, what you remember being available on the menu, the quality of food, decor, service, etc. Whatever you can remember would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Rhonna

Hi Sam! :earsboy:

Sounds like you har a good time over all! :)
Too bad about SP.... :(

Hope that they have fixed it until I get there in two weeks! :bounce: :teeth: :bounce:
*Although I doubt it.... ;)

I have never stayed at SF, but it sure looks nice! :)
We are actually planning a dinner at NBC, witch resturant do you recommend??

Thanks for the mini-report! :wave:

Just for you Rhonna

My friend, Sandra and I decided to have a lunch at Auberge mainly for the desserts. So we decided to have a starter/appetizer first and then go straight to dessert.

I had the Duck fois gras pate served with fruit bread and salad leaves. Sandra had the smoked salmon served with fresh salad leaves. Rolls were served to us as we were seated. The starters were excellent and good sized portions that we weren't disappointed in. My pate was divine so smooth and not too rich. The fruit bread was very different as well. Our waitress was lovely and so polite. The service here was excellent just from looking around I could see the main courses as well and they all looked really good but we were eating light so that we could eat dinner later ;)

We then had to choose our desserts. Sandra had the Cinderella slipper
246105_0506.JPG

This was made from white chocolate and filled with a light chocolate sponge and then rich chocolate mousse filled the rest of the slipper and then served on a raspberry coulis. The mousse tasted lovely.

I went for the Chocolate Cake
246105_0509.JPG
246105_0508.JPG

Very scrummy and incredibly light. Served on vanilla sauce and caramel. It had like a light choccy mousse filling and other types of chocolate. It was one of the best desserts I've ever had !!!

Here are some piccy's of the interior of Auberge it's all themed on Cinderella, we ate inside but there's a lovely terrace to eat outside as well :)
246105_0504_r1.jpg
246105_0503.JPG

I did like the look of Blue Lagoon as well and the menu looked good but it was the desserts that pulled me to Auberge and with only one day at the park we had to make the decision. It's just another excuse to go back :)

Those deserts look superb, we do plan on dining in the ADC restaurant when we visit in December. My other half would love the Cinderella slipper and the chocoltae cake appeals to me - great stuff :)

Sam,

I hadn't checked the disboards for a few days.

WOW! I didn't even imagine you had photos - and great ones at that! Thank you so much for posting them. The appetizers sound great also.

I know everyone loves The Blue Lagoon at DLP but I've been to the original Blue Bayou in California several times and I wasn't so sure about the mainly seafood menu in DLP Blue Lagoon. If I had time for two meals I wouldn't have had a dilemma deciding.

The french menu for Auberge I've seen and your photos seal the deal for me. I want the "princess" theming since we will only be able to pick one place to eat that day. (I noticed the plates even have the Cinderella mice on them - very pretty.)

Thank you! I have to show my sister your photos!

Rhonna

Speaking of Blue Lagoon, I was curios if anyone has been to both that and Blue Bayou in California.

Could someone explain how they compare in atomosphere, food etc.?

Am I correct in saying that Blue Lagoon is supposed set in the Caribbean?

Thanks!

I've visited both. My favourite is the Blue lagoon. I thought the themeing was nicer, with tables on a couple of levels, more space (I Thought the Blue Bayou very cramped) and a great view of the the start of the Pirates attraction. The Blue Lagoon is themed around an outdoor restaurant in a Caribbean evening, and it a real shock to your system when you leave the restaurant into the middle of a sunny Parisian day! I also prefered the menu choices in the Blue Lagoon (more fish & seafood in Paris, compared to the American 'Deep South' cuisine in the Bayou).

Having said all that, I also enjoyed the Blue Bayou!

Regards

Rob

There are a couple of photos on this DLP pdf info-sheet here. The photos on the pdf aren't brilliant, but give you a little bit of an idea about the restaurant.

Regards

Rob

Sorry, that's probably the wrong way for me to describe it. It's just that the dining area has some parts which are raised onto a "upper deck". This allows more people to have a direct view of the Pirates attraction as guests' boats glide by. I thought this aspect was nicer than the Blue Bayou which was 'just' a flat seating area with relatively little themeing.

Regards

Rob

I agree with Rob - Blue Lagoon is much better than Blue Bayou IMO.

The theming is far superior to Blue Bayou and I thought that the menu was a little more 'adventurous' too. Although I like Blue Bayou's menu I thought that Blue Lagoon has an 'edge' to it.

Richard. :)

Also, thanks for the link. That DL Business website is great for the non-business visitor too. There's loads of information and video clips/information PDF sheets on the resort hotels and restaurants-I'd never seen it before - excellent :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter