I e-mailed Disney about how to get on Postcard mailing lists....

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
....and I got my response today. Here is what they said:

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

Many of our guests who have stayed in our resorts are placed on mailing lists,
others are as members of groups such as the Disney Club, Disney Credit Card
Holders and the like. There is no specific way to place yourself on a list.

As you may be aware, the various WALT DISNEY WORLD Resorts do periodically offer
special resort programs. However, in view of the number of specials that may be
in effect at any given time, we appreciate your understanding that we are unable
to proactively search for each discount offer by description. Please note that
the name of the specific program is required in order to access the appropriate
information in our computers. Also watch out web site at www.disneyworld.com
for special offers.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Pat Mooney

Online Guest Service
WALT DISNEY WORLD
P.O. Box 10100
Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-0100

So..... I don't know what else to do, but to wait patiently for a postcard. I think I will get a Disney credit card & see if that brings me any luck!

Don't hold your breath! ;) I have a Disney Credit card and have never gotten a postcard. I also have an AP, am a Florida resident, have stayed on-site many times, have filled out several of those surveys they mail to you and have still never gotten a post card! Obviously I'm missing something!

Yeah,

I got a post card - the first one since 1999, and they sent it to me because of my disney credit card

Since i believe WDW reads this web-site....let me say I heard this from a reliable source(unnamed) the party said "Most post-cards mailings are the result from a direct marketing firm" I take that to mean not necessarily direct from WDW. Why else would I receive a post-card (Several yrs back) when i already had ressies on-site and airline tickets purchased for an earlier trip...I would have been thrilled to use the card......and another post-card mailed recently for a hotel onsite...when we had ressies at BWV (vacation club member) and yet another in my married daughter name (Icouldnt use) who doesnt live at my add. ..

I agree that these mailings are done by a direct marketing firm. This is a specialized business and Disney would need an entire division just to handle the logistics of the mailings.

I work for a large insurance company that does mailings like this, we contract with several other companies to prepare the mailing lists and still another to prepare and mail the pieces.

This does not mean that the information used to prepare the lists does not come from the databases at Disney. I'm sure each mailing has different criteria and then the query the database for matches.

They may also buy mailing lists from other sources and mail to people who have never been at Disney.

It is impossible to try and determine why a marketing department chooses the criteria they do.

I too am a Annual Paasholder, Disney Credit Cardholder, and Florida resident. I have received and completed 3 resort surveys. I have never gotten a postcard. My boyfriend got one once, when AKL first opened. He has an annual pass. I keep hoping he will get another one someday, thank goodness for AP rates though!

:rolleyes: Disney Club member, disney credit card holder, annual pass buyer and yearly visitor here. No luck in this department either. Oh, well, I still find discounts and am healthy enough to work to support my Disney Addiction. Things are not bad at all. samantha

<i>let me say I heard this from a reliable source(unnamed) the party said "Most post-cards mailings are the result from a direct marketing firm" I take that to mean not necessarily direct from WDW.</i>

I believe this is correct. People are cross referenced between various databases. My inlaws get postcards continuously, and we get at least 2-3 a year. My DWs family has been going to WDW for 30 years but I believe the reason we get so many cards is all the extra Disney stuff we send for.

My MIL, and to a lesser extent my DW, send away for every Disney promotion imaginable. We just got our Monsters Inc. chip bowls in the mail last month (shaped like the construction helmets in the movie). She clipped POPs from tops of cereal boxes and sent away for several. My house is filled with this stuff and I think the key is you get put on all sorts of mailing lists. Disney might not know about you but these direct marketing companies sure do.

Just a theory...

John

Just received a post card for $94.00 moderates. Got a post card last fall before purchasing our first AP's. Stayed at Dolphin in April '01 and AKL at Christmas. Never stayed onsite before. These two were the first two post cards we received since 1999 (two weeks after return from off-site visit). We are staying at AKL again first week of April (not covered by this post card) so we have been unable to use post cards. Hopefully, we will get one we can use one day.

I got my first postcard last week. I have a Disney credit card which I use sporadically, let my Disney Club card lapse when they started charging for them, and my most recent trips were Dec 2000 and Dec 1997 before that. 10 years ago had FL resident passes for the one year we lived there. I was surprised after reading so many times about people getting one, to finally get one. I wish we could take advantage of it or pass it to someone else, but that's the capricious nature of them, I think!!

John.Disney Yes. thats what i meant, not directly from Disney. Sorry i dont always explain myself to well....its a "Postcard Mystery" thats for sure.

We have stayed at the WL three times. Once in 95, 97, and 2000. About three months ago we received our first postcard for a discount if we stayed at the Poly. Go figure.

I have Disney credit card, am a AP holder, member of the Disney Club, visit every year on site and fill out the survey after every trip and have never rec'd a post card.:(

I just got a post card today!! We just returned less that a month ago from our first onsite stay. We will of course never stay off site again! IT is for a 94.00 moderate between mid April and Mid June. Dh says that there is NO way we can go back now. I am working on it but it does not look good. If I can't use it can I pass it along to someone else? It says nothing about being non transferable on the postcard. We, by the way belong to no Disney related club. Our name had to have come from our reservation.It was in my name as is the card. If anyone knows about passing the card on let me know. Hope I won't have to share however.LOL

Jordan's mom

I received my first ever postcard today...for moderate 4/21-6/22 stay. We are going in October though. We did stay at ASMu last Spring, maybe they thought we would go in Spring again and upgrade to Moderate?

It has a code but no special id number or anything....I bet anyone could call & say they got this card.

My mom went down with some family members in November of 2001 (stayed at CBR) and received a postcard for ASMu for January-Feb 2002 for $49.00 a night. That's definitely the cheapest deal we've gotten- so we just HAD to go :D
(We just came back-still working on a trip report and waiting for photos to develop)
The best deals I've gotten have usually been from researching rates via Travel agents or Mousesavers. I find the Disney Club card useless the majority of the time. I've saved more WITHOUT using my Disney Club card. That's why I jumped at the chance for CSR at the Amex rate in August.
We did complete a survey on our last trip and I gave my email hoping for some deals. However I did receive the Mod special rate at ANOTHER email account.
I'm hoping for a deluxe deal to arrive in the mail.

The first time I stayed on site at WDW I recieved a post card for BC at $179.00 the following fall. We didn't use it though. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter