i drive

ado121

DIS Veteran
hey there disney friends!

we stayed at the hilton on i drive last time we were in wdw on my inlaws rci points....and want to again but not sure if we can get it. the area was PERFECT. outlet shopping and grocery store close by. and the drive to wdw was short.

if we can't get it again, any recommendations on others around that area???? we need a 2 bedroom. at christmas. so we aren't being too too picky since i know there won't be much to choose from.

we would stay at the hilton again if its avail, but if not, have you stayed at a resort near there. the locale was perfect!

cheers.
amy

I'm guessing that you are referring to RCI Points.
There are a number of RCI Points resorts in the area of HGVC International Drive. Here are some that are relatively close to that resort:
Sheraton Vistana Villages, also on I-Drive
Hilton Grand Vacation Club at SeaWorld, across the street about a quarter mile from SeaWorld
Sheraton Vistana Resort on SR 535
Cypress Pointe Resort
Celebrity Resorts Lake Buena Vista
(both of these last two are on the other side of I-4 near the entrance to Disney property on Hotel Plaza Blvd and Downtown Disney)

I'd highly recommend HGVC SeaWorld, Vistana Villages and Cypress Pointe as good alternatives to HGVC I-Drive and recommend Vistana Resort as an alternative to these.

Dick Taylor

Add The Fountains to that list as well.

Nice property on International Drive and trades thru RCI.

thanks guys!

found out its rci weeks not points, same thing though, right?

am i going to have a hard time getting a extra vacation at christmastime?:confused3

We stayed in Summer Bay in a wonderful 2 bedroom condo last year. They are an RCI resort also and I highly recommend it:thumbsup2

thanks guys!

found out its rci weeks not points, same thing though, right?

am i going to have a hard time getting a extra vacation at christmastime?:confused3

Yes, these resorts trade in weeks, too. There are many more weeks resorts than points resort, but I'd still say that these are pretty much the better ones in that general area of Orlando.

Dick Taylor

I stayed at the HGVC I Drive this past fall and I really didn't like the location. I thought that the area was very unattractive. The resort is nice and the rooms are great and it was really nice to have the outlet stores right there. There really wasn't much in close proximity for dining though (Outback steak house). This coming fall we are going to stay at Orange Lake Country Club which the property actually abuts Animal Kingdom. It is a very large resort though and I hear that you need a rental car to get around it unless you want to use there shuttle to get aroudn the resort. It really depends on what you are looking for. Are you set on staying on I-Drive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter