I Drive hotel help needed

Wexford

Earning My Ears
Well im in the peliminery stages of planning for Jan 04 ( i know its a long way off).

We are going to stay a week on I drive so that we can do Seawold, Universal , Discovery cove , shopping etc then a week onsite for our Disney fix.

We have never stayed on I Drive before and we will be without a car.

Could any of u recommend a good hotel on I drive within walking distance of resteraunts and shops.

I have been pricing up so far on Jan 03 prices( to give me a rough idea) and BA so far have come out at the cheapest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta lovies

tracey:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We stayed at the Quality Inn International on I Drive last year. Its nothing fancy but the rooms were clean and quite spacious. We were facing the quiet pool and had no problem with noise. There are plenty of restaurants and shops nearby and although we never used it the bus stops were also nearby.

Annmarie

Hi Tracey

Holiday Inn I-Drive is good. Ask for a Tower Room though, they are superior to the others.

Hi

We have stayed at the Villager Premier (Wynfield Inn) last april and have booked to go there next may. It is right at the bottom end of International Drive about a 5-10mins walk from Seaworld. It is a basic motel but it a lovely restuarant on site. The stop for the trolley ride is right outside and they have transport of the parks as well.

sue:)

I've stayed at the Masters Inn which is slap bang in the middle of I Drive just South of Sand Lake Road. It's a $50 a night place...no frills, but clean and in a great spot IMO. So, even if you don't want the MI, you could look in that vicinity. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance, the Mercado and the Pointe Orlando....Perkins, Tony Roma's, etc etc...all walking distance.

Also, if I had the choice, I would stick to south of Sand Lake Road...it is slightly prettier...lots of Palm trees and bushes. North is less trees, more neon! That's just my preference though :)

All of I Drive is serviced by the I-trolley, so no place is really inaccessible, but the middle is best IMO - tons of things to walk to there.

The Best Western Plaza International would be another good option. It has some very tempting rates. $35.00 per night was being advertised just last week. We stayed there a couple of years back. The rooms are basic like most Orlando hotel rooms, It has a good location, very clean, nice pool with poolside bar, kitchenette rooms available aswell for about $10.00 per night extra. Great for a base if you plan to be out at he parks most days. Sizzler and Ponderosa restaurants within walking distance.

Paul

I've always liked the Wynd(h)am on the corner of I-Drive and Sandlake road. It's got a good pool area, nicely laid out gardens, good sized rooms plus some nice bars and restaurants on site. It's also very central with a large number of restaurants in easy walking distance.

Actually, inspired by Paul, I went to see how much the MI costs these days as when I stayed there was before 9/11 and the tourist slump. They were quoting $36.90 a night on Hotel Kingdom!

Incidently, the MI is opposite the Wyndham that Vernon mentioned - and it did look very nice from the outside :)

Hi,
In April this year I stayed at the Marriott Residence in on I drive -just set back a little off the road by Bahama Breeze, close to the pirates cove etc

We had a two bedroom suite - 2 King beds and a sofa bed in lving area, plus kitchen and dining area and two bathrooms.

The rooms were fine - the price was great - about $70 per night and it included breakfast.
Breakfast was help yourself - make your own waffles + bagels, danish, muffins, yoghurt, juice, coffee, tea, cereal, fruit and a different selection of hot items (grits, sausage, eggs and biscuits mostly.)

Every night between 5 and 7 there was a complimentary happy hour thing with free beer, wine and soft drinks and a selection of nibbles - crisps, dips, chicken drumsticks etc.

There was a pool and hot tub and the location was good, close to I trolley stops.

Overall it was fantastic value.

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

hi,
we stayed at the quality in plaza (opp pointe orlando )..quite basic but clean,2 small pools,nice bar with good bar food,do not get a room on the ground floor,can be quite noisy,the cricketers pub is a few mins walk,with real english beer and food,the i ride is
really good value for money,sizzlers is 2 mins walk away for excellent food and good value.

mike:)

Hi

its my first post so i hope to give a bit of info before i ask for some :D

We stopped at Villager Premier (Wynfield Inn) twice, first time was in 99 and then a second time in 2001 we are heading back to florida in oct 2003 but couldnt get into the Villager Premier (Wynfield Inn) as it was booked.

the hotel is basic but has had a lot of work done to it, and was very happy both times we were there staff were very helpfull and rooms were clean. Guy at the pool bar was very helpfull and friendly and if you need to use a taxi theres a great onsite taxi firm and one driver in particular (brian) was one of the nicest guyz your could ever meet.

If booked with virgin the Villager Premier (Wynfield Inn) is prolly one of the best priced hotels around.

right im off to post for some help and info for the next trip :D

I always try and stay in hotels down towards the Conference Centre.

It's quieter. It's smarter. It's less crowded.

I have stayed at several hotels on I-Drive. I would highly recommend the Wyndham and the Rosen Centre.
Tracy

I can thoroughly recommend Country Inn and Suites just about 5 mins walk from I Drive - nice clean rooms, and breakfast included. DH and I paid $40 per night for the room this past December. Another new hotel we passed that is fairly new and in the heart of I Drive is La Quinta Inn and Suites. Both recommended by our very own Simon when we asked the same ?? last year.

QUALITY INN INTERNATIONAL YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG Everything is there 7-11/food/bars everything!

I'd really recommend the Wyndham on the corner of I-Drive and Sandlake road as well.

Nice quiet grounds which can be a relief from the hussle and noise of I Drive, its very centrally located and has great rooms.

It's slightly more expensive that the Quality Inn International (which is nearly opposite) but the saying is very true "you get what you pay for".

Most people here seem to like the Quality Inn so Im in the minority, but IMHO having stayed there twice I would always recommend spending a few extra $ if you can for a Marriot type level of quality - the Quality Inns are basic, and if you get a ground floor parking lot view room, not nice.

The Rosen Centre is easily the best of the I-Drive hotels I have stayed in.

Would be great if you clever Moderator types out there could collate the info in posts like these and offer some sort of hotel database.

Don't know how much work this would involve and your efforts are already greatly appreciated.

Just a thought.

Barry

hiya
we were at the villager premier in september and it was lovely in a really cheap kind of way. i have to admit to being dissappointed in how it looked from the outside, but the rooms were super clean and really nice.

all in all i would say that it doesn't really matter where you stay on i drive as everything is get to-able with the i ride trolley. it is fantastically cheap, moderately reliable and teh frequency of the stops kind of indicates the sizes of most of the americans. they appear to have no desire to walk for any great distance!!!!!

there are so many restaurants that you will never be stuck for anywhere to eat. getting pizza delivered is really handy late at night, which can be a bit scary on the bottom end of i drive as there is little or no lighting (we're 22 and 23 and found it all a little intimidating. you might not be so wussy!!)

hope this helps. just make sure you get i ride passes. they're indespensable xxxxx:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter