I don't want to go to MK at 7am!!

We're going early-mid March next time, I definitely think for the onsite part of our trip I'll do a few early mornings! As others have said, it at least comes with a day at the parks rather then school or work!

The only bad thing about going in March is that on days like today in Orlando, you're not going to go in the pool. BRRRRRR.

What irritates me is that every day that week is a morning EMH. That's a bit unfair to off site folks.

I don't see how this is unfair. If there are EMH everyday at that park, there won't be any ONE day that all the Disney resort guests are crowded in here. It seems to me that would kind of even out the crowds all week. That would be a benefit for everyone...on or off-site.

blessedby3 said:
We are rope droppers (but never go during the busiest times), but I dont think I could get there at 7am either! I would just get there as soon as you can. You should still get a lot more done if you are there by 8.

I agree!

If you don't want to go at 7 am-don't go!!
However,be prepared for the crowd consequences...

Personally,for the beginning of our vacation,were always up silly o clock- and raring to go.
It would be fabulous to have a park to go to at 7am on these days-we'd be there in a shot.:cool1:

You really don't need to be there at 7 am. As you can see from even the diehard Dis fans here, most of them will not be getting up that early. You're still going to have a good day if you get the top things done in the first hours.
I was offsite for Easter week last year, got to MK in time to get in for the general 8 am open and we did great.

That's what I thought. Even if Disney hotels are full, is there a big crowd already before 8am?? I'll be in a non-Disney hotel, and planning to arrive at the MK entrance before 8am. So if I make it, I'll be one of the first regular visitors entering the park. Will I find crowds or long lines at Pirates, or Haunted Mansion, or Big Thunder Railroad??

ps: I'm planning to go to MK on thursday march 28, or friday 29.

When doing WDW at ungodly early hours I think of it this way: There are occasions in life when getting up & out early is so unpleasant. There are those important meetings, getting to work in inclement weather, tests, doctor appointments/medical procedures, etc. Today you are getting up early and going to a wonderful place with beautiful surroundings & attractions that are like living in a fairy tale.

Are you kidding me??? Set that alarm an extra half-hour early, get those mouse ears on & lets ROCK:mickeyjum This day has the potential to be one of the best days of your life. How can you sleep???:earsboy:

When doing WDW at ungodly early hours I think of it this way: There are occasions in life when getting up & out early is so unpleasant. There are those important meetings, getting to work in inclement weather, tests, doctor appointments/medical procedures, etc. Today you are getting up early and going to a wonderful place with beautiful surroundings & attractions that are like living in a fairy tale.

Are you kidding me??? Set that alarm an extra half-hour early, get those mouse ears on & lets ROCK:mickeyjum This day has the potential to be one of the best days of your life. How can you sleep???:earsboy:

::yes::

We're doing the EMH on 3/31. The kiddies in our group have a 9am appt at the Barber shop so we are going to do as much of Fantasyland as we can between 7am and 8:45. Then after the barber shop we're either heading back to the resort for Easter going ons or to AK.

Then later in the week we plan to do rope drop so we don't have to be there so early.

We are at BCV Easter week, 3/31 - 4/6, yes we are crazy.
Just updated my plan by looking at recent park hours and MK has EMH everyday that week from 7am - 8am.

We always hit parks at opening and hit a few EMH at 8am but 7am is crazy!
We will be getting up at 5:30 am to go to MK, we have no choice. To wait and go later in the day would be misserable with the crowds that week.

I wish there was a few days that week that had no EMH, kinda not fair for those staying off property.

I feel bad for all the kids, our 9 year old doesn't get up for school till 6:45am. We will need to be at MK gates by that time easter week, the kids are gonna be so tired. :guilty:

I guess I don't understnad..........why should the families that are more then willing to be up and ready earlier be penalized becuase others dont stay on site or want to get up????

Your free to get up or not, so should everyone else. My kids were always up and ready, so its not all kids who are sleepy heads!.

Sorry, but I feel it is very unfair to those early raisers to be Penalized.

AKK

I love EM Mornings much better than at night. It's a lot less crowded in the morning. I can go do many rides and be able to leave after a nice lunch. I was actually allowed to stay on BTMRR and I rode it once more.

Than I go back to the hotel and rest.

They are doing 7 AM EMH at both MK and AK next week as well. WDW is one hour ahead of us and the clocks will spring forward on Sunday (our first full day there) at 2 AM. So for us it will essentially feel like getting to the parks at 5 AM. Will we be there anyway? Indeed we will..but as DH stated he "will NOT be riding Kali River Rapids at 7 AM...even if I am the first person in line"

I'm hoping that this early EMH will really "separate the men from the boys" and that we'll be able to get most of our desired attractions accomplished before most people have even had their coffee!

They are doing 7 AM EMH at both MK and AK next week as well. WDW is one hour ahead of us and the clocks will spring forward on Sunday (our first full day there) at 2 AM. So for us it will essentially feel like getting to the parks at 5 AM. Will we be there anyway? Indeed we will..but as DH stated he "will NOT be riding Kali River Rapids at 7 AM...even if I am the first person in line"

I'm hoping that this early EMH will really "separate the men from the boys" and that we'll be able to get most of our desired attractions accomplished before most people have even had their coffee!

Unless it is REALLY warm at 7am, which is not usually true even in Orlando, I can't imagine anyone riding Kali River Rapids that early.

It's just wonderful to know that so many other DIS'ers are going Easter week! My wife has to pick vacation about a year in advance(Nurse), and just took spring break off since the kids are off and last year we drove to the gulf(takes some doing, living in MN)...we had no plans...then my mom and dad offered to take us to WDW free of charge. Well, I guess we're going to fight crowds for FREE!

However, our kids are 13 and 16. If they don't want to get up extra early, theyll stand in line with us late and we'll still be on vacation.

I do appreciate the tips, though. It will be worth it to get up early a day or two, then still stay late. That's what 3-hours flights are for...post trip naps!

Thatnks for the heads up. I haven't looked at the hrs for awhile. Where only there for a couple days so we'll hit the 7am rope drop.

Forget waking up at 5:30am, try to arrive by 5:30am with your headlamps on and shoot for family of the day!! Have a great trip!

LOL, that totally sucks about the time change. But I bet you're right and it really will separate the men from the boys. I bet it will be your best park access of your entire trip.

I hope you make it there in time and have a great morning! :thumbsup2

We're DVC, so we do stay on site. I just feel like having an EMH every morning for one park is shutting off site people out of the premium park touring that week. They don't have a choice but to show up an hour later & be stuck in lines that didn't exist just one hour earlier.

That's the descion you make when you choose to stay off site instead of say a value. People look at all the pros and cons of the 2 options and make thier chioce.

We do Xmas time and run through the same issues. Ultimately we end up not getting up early, going in around brunch, and staying until EMH evening hours. my 3 year old couldn't make it past midnight this year, but the 9 year old and I were still going strong a 2AM. The park is virtually empty after about 45 minutes into the hours and we didn't have to wait on anything (except soarin during evening hours at Epcot. ugh!). What ever decision you make I'm sure it will be the right one.

Have fun!

Vat

That's the descion you make when you choose to stay off site instead of say a value. People look at all the pros and cons of the 2 options and make thier chioce.

Just remember that it's not always a choice. The financial difference between staying on site and staying in an off-site condo is even greater for those of us with more than two children. The cheapest room possible during spring break would be $276/night for five crowded in one room with the youngest in a trundle bed. The great family suites they have advertised are over $400/night. A nice rental condo with three bedrooms is about $145/night during peak prices. Yes, anyone who can afford a Disney vacation is fortunate, but not everyone can afford to pay an extra $1,000/week or more for the privilege of staying on site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter