• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I don't want to be responsible for my family starving....lol

shellybelly72

Mouseketeer
I am getting ready to hit place order BUT I feel like I am forgetting something on my shopping list, then I look at it again and it looks like I went overboard...
There will be 6 people
me, dh & my mom--and 15,11 & 8 yo-- we are staying 7 nights at OKW and we have 5 ADR's for late lunches/ dinners and 1 for breakfast-- please take a look and let me know what you think....

3 boxes-Smucker's Uncrustables PB&J
1 pound bananas,
1 pound grapes,
1 pound apples(preferably red delicious),
1 box quaker chewy granola bars(variety pack)
1 box nutrigrain apple cereal bars,
1 box Nutri-Grain Yogurt Bars Strawberry
1 16 ounce pkg mozz string cheese,
10 yoplait yogurt (blueberry, strawberry,& vanilla),
12 pack diet pepsi,
10 pack box apple juice,
10 pack box lemonade,
8 pack Gatorade Classic Lemonade -
2-8 ounce pkgs red licorice,
1 8 ounce pkg gummy bears,
1 case water sports bottle type
2 gallon water- store brand fine
1 pkgs bagels plain,
1 tub philly cream cheese lite(whipped),
1 bag Lay's Baked Potato Crisps Sour Cream and Onion
1 bag fat free pretzels (any shape)
1 Tostitos Chips Bite Size Rounds 13.5oz. Bag
1 mild salsa- any brand
1 Kraft Handi-Snacks Premium Breadsticks n Cheez 6CT
1 boxes Fruit Snacks Variety Pack (pref. store brand)
1 box(3pk)microwave Popcorn Butter
2 Store Brand Milk Fat Free Gallons
1 box of Kraft Easy Mac
1 Hot Cocoa Mix w/ marshmallows
1 box Yoplait Gogurt any flavor
1 box Fudgsicle Fat Free 10CT
1 small pillsbury cookie dough
2 Kellogg's Cereal Variety Pack - 10 ct
1 coffee Singles 19CT 3oz. Box
1 Store Brand Grade A Large Eggs 1 Dozen
1 Bisquick Shake and Pour Buttermilk Pancake Mix 10.6oz.
1 small store brand Lite syrup
1 Brown N Serve Sausage Microwave Links 10CT 7oz
1 small Chocolate Flavored syrup Lite-- store brand
2 loaf white bread
2 Oscar Mayer Bologna, Ham and Turkey Variety Pack
1 small store brand mustard
1 small tub I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light Spread
1 bag of spagetti 16oz
1 16oz jar of Ragu Old World Pasta Sauce Traditional
1 small garlic salt

OK Shelly, overboard! :rotfl: You will have tons of stuff left over. Looks like 5 out of the 7 days you will be eating a late lunch/dinner out. This is usually what we do when we go and we usually go for 10 days. You are only doing one breakfast out and we usually do the same. I would focus more on the breakfast foods and less on the dinners and limit the snacks. I'll give you an example of what mine would look like. I have a DH, DD 15 and DS 12.
2 variety packs of cereal
milk
2 cartons eggs
bread (large loaf)
pop tarts (can be snack and breakfast)
juice
case of water
grapefruits & oranges
smart balance soy butter
popcorn
doritos
cans of chicken noodle soup
Pasta (I get stuff to make meatballs and sauce and cook it over night but if you like jarred sauce you can get that)
Cheese
With all this stuff we still have things left over. You can have cereal/eggs/poptarts/fruit for breakfast, Soup, pasta, or grilled cheese sandwiches for lunches and dinner.
Hope this helps.:)

see..I am BAD like that- I always over buy when it comes to food--

Thank you!- I will have to trim a little, ok a lot off..lol

WOW! We dont get that much and we stay in the cabins and purposely eat there! Breakfast and snacks and maybe stuff for sandwiches and drinks is all you need. We find we actually eat less because we are too tired! :lmao:

WOW!! A ton of food for 6 people! And a ton of food that will be wasted...will you really go through an entire tub of margarine and an entire bottle of mustard? Did you actually write down what you'd be cooking for your in-unit meals, and make your list from that menu? I'd suggest keeping it simple for breakfast with cereal, muffins, fruit and coffee. Are you really planning to eat lunches back in your room or do CS? Do you really need all those snacks? Are these foods that your family actually eats? Are you really going to want to bake cookies after a long day at the park?

We cook simple stuff...pasta, frozen pizza, salads. lunches in the unit are sandwiches (not uncrustables...too much money for those!), but most of our stuff is CS. We only do 2 TS places each trip, with the rest CS and snacky stuff, because we're just not big eaters, and I don't like to take that much time out of my park visit. We only spent $70 on groceries in the condo for our 6 days for 4 people. Granted, my kids are younger than yours (7&8) and fairly fussy, but I'm the biggest tightwad, so I'm always looking for ways to eat healthy and frugally.

WOW! We dont get that much and we stay in the cabins and purposely eat there! Breakfast and snacks and maybe stuff for sandwiches and drinks is all you need. We find we actually eat less because we are too tired! :lmao:

I am always hungry-- We all eat well.....very well..lol:rolleyes1
We are pretty active always, so even at the parks we eat..and eat..:)

I am always hungry-- We all eat well.....very well..lol:rolleyes1
We are pretty active always, so even at the parks we eat..and eat..:)

haha that explains our family as well!
but i am jealous of my girls' extreme metabolism! they eat ALL the TIME and stay with a healthy figure!
we usually book insane amounts of ADRs and eat almost every meal at the parks.
but we usually do cereal for breakfast and snacks
pb&j stuff
juice boxes
and milk

1 small garlic salt

ok, no offense, but those things cracked me up.
i just dont think your gonna have the desire to make cookies at disney. or hot cocoa. and to use a whole thing of garlic salt? :lmao:
but the other things sound logical!
but, i admit, when we did a magical gathering with 12, 6 being children, we did almost the same exact thing you did, maybe worse!

disney[xo]sweetie;22852052 said:
ok, no offense, but those things cracked me up.
i just dont think your gonna have the desire to make cookies at disney. or hot cocoa. and to use a whole thing of garlic salt? :lmao:
but the other things sound logical!
but, i admit, when we did a magical gathering with 12, 6 being children, we did almost the same exact thing you did, maybe worse!

The garlic salt is for my DD's. They only eat butter & garlic on their pasta-
They voted for the meal they wanted and chose that^^^

I love hot cocoa- I dont do coffee so I usually have a cup before bed...and the cookies...all I can say is they weren't my idea:rolleyes1

Shellybelly, is that all the food you're bringing? That's not nearly enough food! You'll have to add at least 3 more pounds of bananas, 20 microwave dinners, 4 more gallons of milk and a 5 lb. bag of sugar. :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: Just kidding! I agree with the previous posters that there is a wee bit too much food on your list. You should cut your list down to the bare necessities. If you need any more food while you're on your trip, you can always hop over to the nearest grocery store. I hope that you have a great time on your trip! :wizard:

all we ordered was - 8 people - 10 days

case of water
yogury
poptarts
carrots and celery sticks
dip
bag of apples
12 pk of pop
milk
cereals
bagles
cream cheese
clothes soap
fresh friut bowl med.

We had poptarts and apples left over. Everything else was gone.

I am getting ready to hit place order BUT I feel like I am forgetting something on my shopping list, then I look at it again and it looks like I went overboard...
There will be 6 people
me, dh & my mom--and 15,11 & 8 yo-- we are staying 7 nights at OKW and we have 5 ADR's for late lunches/ dinners and 1 for breakfast-- please take a look and let me know what you think....

3 boxes-Smucker's Uncrustables PB&J
1 pound bananas,
1 pound grapes,
1 pound apples(preferably red delicious),
1 box quaker chewy granola bars(variety pack)
1 box nutrigrain apple cereal bars,
1 box Nutri-Grain Yogurt Bars Strawberry
1 16 ounce pkg mozz string cheese,
10 yoplait yogurt (blueberry, strawberry,& vanilla),
12 pack diet pepsi,
10 pack box apple juice,
10 pack box lemonade,
8 pack Gatorade Classic Lemonade -
2-8 ounce pkgs red licorice,
1 8 ounce pkg gummy bears,
1 case water sports bottle type
2 gallon water- store brand fine
1 pkgs bagels plain,
1 tub philly cream cheese lite(whipped),
1 bag Lay's Baked Potato Crisps Sour Cream and Onion
1 bag fat free pretzels (any shape)
1 Tostitos Chips Bite Size Rounds 13.5oz. Bag
1 mild salsa- any brand
1 Kraft Handi-Snacks Premium Breadsticks n Cheez 6CT
1 boxes Fruit Snacks Variety Pack (pref. store brand)
1 box(3pk)microwave Popcorn Butter
2 Store Brand Milk Fat Free Gallons
1 box of Kraft Easy Mac
1 box Yoplait Gogurt any flavor
1 box Fudgsicle Fat Free 10CT
2 Kellogg's Cereal Variety Pack - 10 ct
1 coffee Singles 19CT 3oz. Box
1 Store Brand Grade A Large Eggs 1 Dozen
1 Bisquick Shake and Pour Buttermilk Pancake Mix 10.6oz.
1 small store brand Lite syrup
1 Brown N Serve Sausage Microwave Links 10CT 7oz
2 loaf white bread
2 Oscar Mayer Bologna, Ham and Turkey Variety Pack
1 small store brand mustard
1 small tub I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light Spread
1 bag of spagetti 16oz
1 small garlic salt

You might want to consider just packing some of this in your suitcase on the way down (garlic salt-double bagged, coffee singles, fruit snacks, granola bars, easy mac, hot cocoa mix, microwave popcorn, licorice, gummi bears) to save money.

Another option is to put many of the items in a box and ship it to yourself at the hotel beforehand. We shipped all of our toiletries (except travel sizes in our carryons in case we got stuck somewhere), snacks-including juice boxes (triple bagged), ponchos, wipes, etc to ourselves at OKW. We really loaded a large box (weighed 52 lbs :scared1: ) and it was only around $32 to send it UPS a week ahead of our arrival. This was last May, so shipping charges may have gone up since then.

I also think you'll end up with tons of stuff left over. We get a pretty small amount of food (we're a group of four adult women). We get breakfast stuff (cereal and milk, fruit, granola bars), snack stuff (cheese and crackers, tortilla chips and salsa, nuts, cookies, a few yogurts), and beverages (a 12-pack of pop and wine). We still always throw stuff away.

Next time, we'll get the bare minimum and then fill in as needed at the hotel shop. We stay at Shades of Green, which has a nice variety of snack items, beverages, etc. at pretty reasonable prices. I'm always surprised how few things we really do eat in the room - it's mostly just breakfast, and maybe one snack per day. We spend most of our time at the parks and don't eat in the room except for breakfast. It takes too much time out of the day to travel back and forth to eat in the room.

Hi!

It's our first trip to disney and we need help! I am traveling in May and staying in a villa with my husband and 5 yr old, 3 yr. old and 6 month old daughters. Is there a place I can order groceries from at home and have them waiting there when we arrive or shortly after? Can I order diapers that way too...the take up so much room when packing!

Hi!

It's our first trip to disney and we need help! I am traveling in May and staying in a villa with my husband and 5 yr old, 3 yr. old and 6 month old daughters. Is there a place I can order groceries from at home and have them waiting there when we arrive or shortly after? Can I order diapers that way too...the take up so much room when packing!

Hi!

I was going to order from garden grocer, but someone mentioned wegoshop.com

Marge has already contacted me and has been very nice to work with. You can order anything that you can get from a store, so diapers are a yes!

Thanks to everyone who gave advice about my huge list-
I cut it down a little bit, and will post what I ended up ordering and whats left over after the trip:thumbsup2

two thumbs up for Marge and www.wegoshop.com

She is excellent and will shop whereever you want her to with no mark up on prices! (just small delivery fee) She got all our normal brands including store brands we are used too.

With 2 teens and 2 toddlers, all somewhat picky eaters I was so glad to have the familiar comfort foods my kiddos eat.

We did have leftovers and I just gave them to our housekeeper and bellman as he came to get our luggage. They were so appreciative and it was such a small thing.

I am a firm believer in being prepared and not paying through the nose for ordinary things that are easily available otherwise. (20 cent bottles water or $2 a pop!) I love convenience but our last trip that meant not putting it in our luggage (we often do bring a few things) as we had no idea when we woudl see our luggage (ME). So having Marge bring it to our door was perfect.

wow that's alot of food. There are alot of chips, maybe you can get a variety box that has individual servings.

Well, we have 2 days left-
so far,we ate everything but,

2 yoplait yogurt
2 bagels plain,
a little bit of the tub philly cream cheese lite(whipped),

1 pack of microwave Popcorn Butter
5 pack box lemonade,
1/2 gallon Store Brand Milk Fat Free
3 packets of Kraft Easy Mac
a few packets of Hot Cocoa Mix w/ marshmallows
about 1/2 bottle of small Chocolate Flavored syrup Lite-- store brand
1/2 loaf white bread

1 bag of spagetti 16oz
1 small garlic salt

my sister visited and brought 2 bags of chips, some italian grinders, case of diet pepsi & Sprite zero and a case of water
also for snacks..My DD bought a bag of smart food popcorn and Doritos

Because of the tummy problems we didn't make it to many ressies..
We ate at mostly quick service..
Electric Umbrella,Backlot Express,Restaurantosaurus..
Ressies @ rose and crown pub,olivias,CRT...

We saved so much money-- marge was super awesome!:cheer2:

She worked with us on delivery and it only cost about $150.00 for all that food- plus tip and I think it was 22.00 for delivery..Not too bad!

we are leaving in a few hours and this is all that's left...

1 pack of microwave Popcorn Butter
5 pack box lemonade,(left only because the kids thought it was gross)
1/2 gallon Store Brand Milk Fat Free
3 packets of Kraft Easy Mac
a few packets of Hot Cocoa Mix w/ marshmallows

Not too bad... the next time we come, I will use the same list and just add a few things like more fruit, bottled water and Soda( not cans but 20oz bottles so we can take them into the park. I have shown myself to be guilty of 1/2 drinking a can and leaving them 1/2 full around the room)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter