I don't think 4 days is enough time for Disney- help!

eshanna

Earning My Ears
Hi- my friend and I are planning a trip to Disney World, and we are thinking about spending 4 full days there (not including the days we fly down and back). But now I wonder if 4 days is not enough. In terms of what we want to see, we definitely want to do magic kingdom and epcot. We will prob. do disney studios and animal kingdom, but those aren't quite as important to us. Still, we'd like to do them! The thing is I also want to do Downtown Disney and I love taking the monorail and looking at the resorts on the monorail line. I haven't been to Disney in over a decade and am sure it's changed a lot. I'm thinking 4 days is not going to cover it for us, but don't know if each park requires a full day? The problem is we really want to stay at a moderate, but would have to do a value if we stayed longer. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad? I've never been to a value......... any advice from the Disney experts would be appreciated! Thanks!

Ok.. it goes like this.

I spent 10 days at WDW in 1995 and I STILL felt I didn't see everything or do everything I wanted to do.. and I saw and did a LOT.

As a destination.. there is LOTS to pick from for your activities and short of spending a month there.. you probably will never feel like you have enough time.

Go for as much as you can reasonably afford and try to decide ahead of time what are absolutely 'musts' and then what's optional.

You'll find once you get there.. there is never enough to see it all.. There's just too much now to feel like you've done it all ...

Knox

A lot depends on the time of year you'll be going. If you go during a less busy time you'll get more done in less time than if you go during the busy times. We usually go about twice a year, we have the luck to live about 7 hours away by car, so that helps. Therefore we don't go all out commando style touring. We generally hit MK of a morning, leave by noon, eat lunch somewhere other than MK, hit another park for a few hours, back to resort to rest, then dinner and another park in the evening when it's cooler. Staying onsite is a definite plus, we generally stay at a MK resort since we enjoy the action there in the evenings. I recommend investing in a guide like the Unofficial Guide to WDW or Passporter, they have a lot of time saving hints.

I have been to Disney 48 times and still have yet to see and do everything that Disney has to offer! Definitely give MK and Epcot their own full days. Plan AK for morning and afternoon and do MGM that late afternoon and evening. Then your last day decide on which park you want more of before going home and do Downtown Disney that night. Just know in your heart that you won't be able to see and do everything and more reason to take another trip soon! :)

Can you choose a less expensive resort and stay an extra night or two? Even on our longest trip (12 days) I still felt like I could have spent another 12 days and more!!!

We haven't seen or done everything at WDW yet...that's why we keep going back. That and we just LOVE the Disney magic sooooooo much!

If you can reasonably extend your trip, I say go for it. Trust me, you won't run out of things to do!

Yes....I'd do 6 days in a value over 4 in a moderate in order to see/do more! With even just 6 days...you probably will spend most of your time out and about and just use the hotel for sleeping. I have to say that I would recommended a moderate or deluxe if you plan to spend a good amount of time 'resorting'...but 6 days at a Value is 6 days in Disney!

I've been on Disney property hundreds of times, and there are things I've not seen (like Blizzard Beach). You will not see everything in 4 days, but you can choose the things you want to see most.

Depends on when you are going, but if you buy park hoppers and plan to arrive at park opening, and use fast passes, I think 4 days is enough to do the major attractions at the parks.

In January this past year, over a period of 2 days, my dd8 and I did:

1/ AK morning, MGM afternoon, EPCOT evening

2/ MK to midafternoon, MGM afternoon, EPCOT evening

It was a lot of walking, but we saw the main attractions. And that was only over 2 days.

So, if you plan properly, I completely think you can see a lot over 4 days, but it does not leave much rest time.

Four days will not do it. We have gone every other year since DS was 7 years old, and every year since he was 16 (we joined DVC). He is now 24. We still haven't seen it all.

If you want to really commando it, you can get a guide book and hit the high points (if you like rides) at a dead run, and see a lot. But frankly, there is so much you will miss doing it that way. There are lovely nooks and crannies at all the parks, there are details everywhere that you miss if you commando, there are inside jokes you will never find. I would recommend you get a Guidebook, pick out "must do" things, and try to do them at a relaxing pace - enjoy the little surprises you will find all over.

Of course, if you can find a way to add a couple of days, do it! If not, just plan on another trip next year:goodvibes

Hi- my friend and I are planning a trip to Disney World, and we are thinking about spending 4 full days there (not including the days we fly down and back). But now I wonder if 4 days is not enough. In terms of what we want to see, we definitely want to do magic kingdom and epcot. We will prob. do disney studios and animal kingdom, but those aren't quite as important to us. Still, we'd like to do them! The thing is I also want to do Downtown Disney and I love taking the monorail and looking at the resorts on the monorail line. I haven't been to Disney in over a decade and am sure it's changed a lot. I'm thinking 4 days is not going to cover it for us, but don't know if each park requires a full day? The problem is we really want to stay at a moderate, but would have to do a value if we stayed longer. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad? I've never been to a value......... any advice from the Disney experts would be appreciated! Thanks!

Four days is not enough. We just went for 4.5 days and it was our 6th trip in seven years. We felt it was way too short. Twice we have stayed for 10 days and still didn't get "everything" in, but felt alot better about leaving. We wre relaxed and felt that we had done a good portion. It gave us time to relax at the pool and dine leisurely. I would say add a few more days if you can. Seven days I think would be a good start without kids. More if you have little kids.;)

I suppose that all depends. I would be more than happy to spend 4 full days not counting the coming/going just as an extra get-a-way.

You didn't elaborate as to whether you have been there before or just not for a period of time. If you have never been before, I truly doubt you will be satisfied with only doing 4 days and find yourself saying why didn't I plan it a little longer. You need to be prepared to admit that you WILL NOT see it all on this trip, but you CAN experience a LOT depending on how you tour WDW. Here's to wishing you both a magical trip

Yup, no way will you see everything. But, is that the point? Isn't seeing each thing a treat? The best thing to do is to know what you want to do and make a plan if you have must see's. I totally think you should go for a value and add a cuple of days if you are worried about not having enough time. If you plan to spend open-close in the parks the rooms are just a bed and shower anyway.

The longest I've stayed at Disney was 2 full days (I lived near ORL for a w hile and did day trips). Those two full days were the first two I ever spent at Disney. Day 1 we split MK and MGM. Day 2 we split Epcot, AK and Blizzard Beach. We mapped out the main things we wanted to see and we went commando. We saw a ton and we all left feelings we saw our must do's in each park.

Our next trip will be 4.5 days. This time we are doing MK-1.5 days, MGM-1 day, Epcot-1 day and we are leaving one open to choose as out last day, but I would guess it will be Epcot. We aren't fans of the AK and I don't care about DTD and shopping. We talked about making our trip several days longer, but I think we'd get burnt out after more than 5-6 days at the most. We may still add one day at the start, but no more than that.

I see WDW as a big gift with a bow. I don't want to read all about the rides and map out my trip this time. For me, the Disney magic was in the surprises in the park. Sure, thunder mountain was fun, but what I really loved was all the stuff I didn't know existed. It like getting one gift after another and it did seem magcal to me. But, that's just my way.

I went for 16 nights and still didn't see everything! Sometimes I feel like such a loser. :rotfl:

It all depends when you're going and what you absolutely want to see. I took my DBF, a first time WDWer, in September, and I got to take him to everything in just 2 days. That was all four parks and Downtown Disney. You have your whole life to do it all, so prioritize for this trip and make sure you write down what you want to do next time so you don't forget.

I went for 16 nights and still didn't see everything! Sometimes I feel like such a loser. :rotfl:

We are preparing for our sixth trip ( we average 5 nights per trip) and we are planning things we have never experienced. There are always something you overlooked, or just didn't plan when planning a trip that when you experience it you say how did we miss that all this time. It's the MAGIC:cool1:

I would not over look MGM or Ak, they are both very great parks and have some great rides that you will mis out on if you do not go to them!

There are always something you overlooked, or just didn't plan when planning a trip that when you experience it you say how did we miss that all this time. It's the MAGIC:cool1:

I look at it as an excuse to go back!

I've been to WDW before but the last time was a long time ago. I'm sure a lot has changed since then! I'm also the type of person who does not have fun rushing around trying to get in as much as possible. I'm not slow either, but I don't want to feel rushed. I am thinking maybe we'll extend the trip a couple days and go to a value. I read on this board that All star music was just refurbished, and that would've been my first choice for a value anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter