• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: more pictures of the Poly.

How did you like Captain Cook's? We've not eaten there since 2004 and tht was before they did the total refurb. The menu looks appealing.

One of those shirts that you posted from the shop I bought Mark in 2011. He still hasn't forgiven me. :lmao::lmao::lmao: I didn't even look at the price tag and when I checked out I was a little shocked to see it was $65.00. Needless to say, I didn't tell him and he saw it when he took the price tag off to wear the shirt in Marco. :eek:

As MeMom mentioned a dear friend and coworker lost her 14 year old son late Friday night in a roll over accident on a dirt road just outside of our small town. It was just yards away from Baylor's best friends house. Baylor woke me up very early Saturday morning with the news. The boys, (Baylor and Tommy) were out in the field where the SUV finally came to rest inspecting the area and said it was horrible. We attended the visitation this evening and the parents seem to be walking in a fog. Tomorrow is the funeral. The entire community is mourning the loss of this dear boy. We ache for his family. The boy that died attended our elementary school from K-5 so we all knew him so well.....

wigdoutdismom said:
As MeMom mentioned a dear friend and coworker lost her 14 year old son late Friday night in a roll over accident on a dirt road just outside of our small town. It was just yards away from Baylor's best friends house. Baylor woke me up very early Saturday morning with the news. The boys, (Baylor and Tommy) were out in the field where the SUV finally came to rest inspecting the area and said it was horrible. We attended the visitation this evening and the parents seem to be walking in a fog. Tomorrow is the funeral. The entire community is mourning the loss of this dear boy. We ache for his family. The boy that died attended our elementary school from K-5 so we all knew him so well.....

Anita- again, my prayers are with you all. Tragedy in a small town is especially difficult- and we have had our fair share. Blessings as all begin the long road ahead.

My DH had today off and he mentioned to me that there is availability for a studio at Kidani for post Christmas - Jan 3. First thought in my mind? OOOH, I could meet the DIStown gang at the Poly on NYE!!!!

No, we didn't book it. Just considering the possibility of our future plans. But the thought has been floated out there...who knows?

Thanks for the tour of Poly! So pretty!

:hug: to all those suffering losses. Hang in there!! I will pray for peace.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: more pictures of the Poly.

How did you like Captain Cook's? We've not eaten there since 2004 and tht was before they did the total refurb. The menu looks appealing.

One of those shirts that you posted from the shop I bought Mark in 2011. He still hasn't forgiven me. :lmao::lmao::lmao: I didn't even look at the price tag and when I checked out I was a little shocked to see it was $65.00. Needless to say, I didn't tell him and he saw it when he took the price tag off to wear the shirt in Marco. :eek:

We like Captain Cook's. The Aloha Pork Sandwich was huge and quite good. In the past, I have had burgers and grilled cheese there, as well. Ever since I have read that the noodles are the same as those at 'Ohana, I am anxious to get over there and see for myself. If they are, I will have a new favorite there! :thumbsup2

Yes, the good thing about BouTiki is that there are unique things. The bad thing is, they are kind of pricey.

We have lost teenage boys to car wrecks here, too, so we know the scenario that is going on for you guys right now. Very sobering.

Anita- again, my prayers are with you all. Tragedy in a small town is especially difficult- and we have had our fair share. Blessings as all begin the long road ahead.

Life can change in an instant. We hear that all our lives, and the older we get, the more we see that happen.

My DH had today off and he mentioned to me that there is availability for a studio at Kidani for post Christmas - Jan 3. First thought in my mind? OOOH, I could meet the DIStown gang at the Poly on NYE!!!!

No, we didn't book it. Just considering the possibility of our future plans. But the thought has been floated out there...who knows?

Thanks for the tour of Poly! So pretty!

:hug: to all those suffering losses. Hang in there!! I will pray for peace.

We would certainly love to have you join us! I think the idea deserves one of these! :banana:

Can you imagine having the joy of a new baby and having this special time with your mom in these first weeks, and then having things turn so tragic in one moment's time? This girl has lost her mom, and there is little hope that her daughter is going to make it. Her baby boy was having to have help breathing, but he is fine now. And she, herself, has broken limbs and cuts and faces more surgeries in the days ahead. The road ahead is going to be pretty rough for this family, and they are going to need much support and encouragement.

Hope all of you are safe. We've had tornado warnings here since about two a.m. There are reports of high winds - 70 to 90 mph - on the news. A truck driver said he was driving along and the wind scooped his truck over. Someone on FB said they heard 105 mph, but on the news I have only heard the 70-90. That's still scary and a bit destructive. As far as I know, my house is good. I won't be surprised if I find all my roof shingles in the yard when I peek out this morning, though! They just announced that there are about 25,000 people without power in Davidson County, and there are some roads shut down due to debris and fallen trees. Should be an interesting morning.

And in more exciting and happy news - 7 weeks from right now, I will be at the airport ready to head off to you know where!

:hug: So sorry to hear news like that. I cannot imagine what the family is going through. Thoughts & prayers to all of you.

Can you imagine having the joy of a new baby and having this special time with your mom in these first weeks, and then having things turn so tragic in one moment's time? This girl has lost her mom, and there is little hope that her daughter is going to make it. Her baby boy was having to have help breathing, but he is fine now. And she, herself, has broken limbs and cuts and faces more surgeries in the days ahead. The road ahead is going to be pretty rough for this family, and they are going to need much support and encouragement.

So so sad.

Hope all of you are safe. We've had tornado warnings here since about two a.m. There are reports of high winds - 70 to 90 mph - on the news. A truck driver said he was driving along and the wind scooped his truck over. Someone on FB said they heard 105 mph, but on the news I have only heard the 70-90. That's still scary and a bit destructive. As far as I know, my house is good. I won't be surprised if I find all my roof shingles in the yard when I peek out this morning, though! They just announced that there are about 25,000 people without power in Davidson County, and there are some roads shut down due to debris and fallen trees. Should be an interesting morning.

Stay safe!! I just heard on GMA that the tornado warnings are heading towards Alabama. Please keep us posted that you are all safe!!

And in more exciting and happy news - 7 weeks from right now, I will be at the airport ready to head off to you know where![/QUOTE]

:cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana:

Just catching up and I so enjoyed the Poly this morning. We have had some snow and the kids have a snow day. I decided we would have a snow day too and wouldn't you know Lexi woke up at 5:30AM. :sad2: I heard about your tornados as they made the news here even though we have had snow. Stay safe!!!

This is just heartbreaking. I can't imagine what the parents are going through....I honestly don't know how you would move on with your life.

Just checking in on you guys. Hope those storms passed you by.

We have had some terrible days down here as well. My husbands friend's mom was killed by her husband (married 52 yrs). He stabbed her to death last week. It is all so sad.
Then this week one of my students (college) was driving early in the morning (possibly drunk) and hit and killed a man and then drove away.She was found and arrested. The last thing I said to her after her last class last wednesday was to try and stop having fender benders and drive more carefully. She is a very naive 20 yr old college kid who has now taken one mans life, ruined a family's life and ruined her own life by being dumb. Just heartbreaking all around. Sometimes these kids just devastate me with their actions.

Hope you are safe in all of that wind!!!

We fared pretty well. The worst of it was up where Erica lives. I will let you know how she did when I hear from her.

:hug: So sorry to hear news like that. I cannot imagine what the family is going through. Thoughts & prayers to all of you.

So so sad.

Stay safe!! I just heard on GMA that the tornado warnings are heading towards Alabama. Please keep us posted that you are all safe!!

I guess everything went okay. I haven't gotten a message from Jill that they are closing early or anything.

It's getting pretty exciting! :thumbsup2

Just catching up and I so enjoyed the Poly this morning. We have had some snow and the kids have a snow day. I decided we would have a snow day too and wouldn't you know Lexi woke up at 5:30AM. :sad2: I heard about your tornados as they made the news here even though we have had snow. Stay safe!!!

This is just heartbreaking. I can't imagine what the parents are going through....I honestly don't know how you would move on with your life.

I'm sure people just go through the motions for a while. There is probably a lot of questions and a lot of anger throughout the first months, too. Time is the great healer, they say, but the loss of a child has to be the worst thing to heal from ever.

Just checking in on you guys. Hope those storms passed you by.

We have had some terrible days down here as well. My husbands friend's mom was killed by her husband (married 52 yrs). He stabbed her to death last week. It is all so sad.
Then this week one of my students (college) was driving early in the morning (possibly drunk) and hit and killed a man and then drove away.She was found and arrested. The last thing I said to her after her last class last wednesday was to try and stop having fender benders and drive more carefully. She is a very naive 20 yr old college kid who has now taken one mans life, ruined a family's life and ruined her own life by being dumb. Just heartbreaking all around. Sometimes these kids just devastate me with their actions.

What a mess. We know a young man who also killed someone in a drunk driving accident. He served some time, and now he is on probation for I think it is thirteen years. He is doing community service, so hopefully some good can come from this horrible thing. The man who killed the grandmother and injured the family this weekend had been out of jail for two weeks and had lost his license four years ago.

People have so many issues, though. I hate to be judgmental, as I know there are many mental and emotional illnesses people suffer from that make them have addictive personalities. Those personalities so often turn to alcohol and drugs, which leads to new troubles. Those people didn't choose to be 'wired' differently than those of us who consider ourselves in the 'norm'. I have a lot of compassion for them and for the victims of the things they do.

It's time to take a break from thinking about sad and bad things and re-live some happy moments.

Back at Pop Century, there were some craft activities available in the food court.

EndofSummer2012WDW384.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW385.jpg

Some of Brooklynn's pals hanging out in the room.

EndofSummer2012WDW386.jpg

We had some rest time, and then we were off again.

EndofSummer2012WDW387.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW388.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW389.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW390.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW391.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW392.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW393.jpg

Brooklynn had been wanting to get a hair wrap or weave or whatever you call them. She chose one she could clip in and take out as she wanted to.

EndofSummer2012WDW394.jpg

Marc and Anita came to pick us up, and we went over to Beach Club with them.

EndofSummer2012WDW396.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW397.jpg

We were on the reservation, so it was legal for her to be in the water.

EndofSummer2012WDW399.jpg

While we were hanging out by the pool, we had another DIS friend come by.

EndofSummer2012WDW400.jpg

Someone noted the birds on the roof, so I got a picture of them.

EndofSummer2012WDW403.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW404.jpg

Brooklynn loves the water. She was pretending to be a dolphin and a mermaid at different times.

EndofSummer2012WDW405.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW406.jpg

Some Yacht Club shots.

EndofSummer2012WDW407.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW408.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW409.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW410.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW411.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW412.jpg

Brooklynn and I made a loop around the Beach Club/Yacht Club/Boardwalk circle.

Big screen going up for movie night.

EndofSummer2012WDW413.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW414.jpg

Movie Night on the beach.

EndofSummer2012WDW415.jpg

Brooklynn was getting another chance at a beach campfire, since she had been rained out at CBR.

EndofSummer2012WDW416.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW417.jpg

Yum!!!

EndofSummer2012WDW418.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW419.jpg

What a pretty area.

EndofSummer2012WDW420.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW421.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW422.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW423.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW424.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW425.jpg

Let's see what's happening over here.

EndofSummer2012WDW426.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW427.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW428.jpg

We went in here.

EndofSummer2012WDW429.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW430.jpg

Looking out the window at the entertainment.

EndofSummer2012WDW431.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW432.jpg

Out on the lawn of the Boardwalk Resort, this was a happening place!

EndofSummer2012WDW433.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW434.jpg

It was fun to watch all these people having so much fun.

EndofSummer2012WDW435.jpg

I am going to leave you here to dance the night away. Be back tomorrow....or Friday night. Just keep dancing until then!

A fun update to not think about the bad things for awhile.

Can't wait to try the BC pool in June.

It looks as if everyone was having fun at the Boarealk (our resort in December).

A fun update to not think about the bad things for awhile.

Can't wait to try the BC pool in June.

It looks as if everyone was having fun at the Boarealk (our resort in December).

Beach Club has such a nice atmosphere.

Won't it be nice for you to just walk in the back door of Epcot to see all the Christmas storytellers? :)

Jill said she had talked with some of our Georgia people today. Anybody who is 'having weather' ;), please check in with us here and let us know how you are making it this evening. We are having high winds again here right now, and the temperature has dropped about 30 degrees. I was talking to Jill on the phone, and she said the wind was really pulling on the car. She is home now, and I told her to keep me posted through the night. When we build DIStown, we're building it in a place with no tornadoes, hurricanes, or floods. :thumbsup2

The Beach Club looks AMAZING! I so want to stay there one day!

I love the hair wraps. Kailyn and I each got one last year and they lasted forever! We both ended up needing to cut them and unravel them to get them out...I took mine out before her, and she took hers out sometime in March or April, I think. We got them in January. Might do it again this year.

I only have two more days of work to get through and three more sleeps! I think we're getting picked up at like five am on Saturday...I actually can't wait for that :banana:

Oh thank you for the break from the sad. So very much of it and my heart is broken for the families of all the boys in the accident near Anita. Too close to home in so many ways and so many lives that will never be the same. We've had tough news around here as well and seeing lawn parties, hair wraps and slices of watermelon is just what I needed.

Holy cats was that lawn a happening place or what. Yowza! Very happy Brooklynn got another chance at her beach campfire :thumbsup2 One of these days we will really make it to one, somewhere!

Ahhh... BC pictures after a long windy day. The temps here where nice but boy it is dropping.

What a beautiful place, cannot wait for Stormalong Bay this summer. I wonder if Luke will give that slide a ride.

The boardwalk entertainment is something that my girls really love... hope we get some time there to be entertained this summer.

Thanks always for the pictures.

Laura

Thank you for the break from sad. It was needed here as well.

Hope you guys hang in there with the winds... believe they are headed our way tonight. Totally agree, the DIS Town forecast is going to be for consistent sun and a balmy temp!!

Love the pictures of my "home" the Beach Club. Such a pretty area. Glad you got to hang at SAB and experience the movie at night. Very cool!!

Thanks for the trip to Beach Club and Board Walk, just what I needed after my day.....
It's really cold here with a mighty wind blowing. I hope you all stay safe and warm down south.
We were supposed to wake up to some snow but it was only a dusting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter