I don't have a clever title but I DO have 2,000 photos! WDW in Oct. update!

I LOVE your pictures! The sunset and nights pictures are fantastic, and I of course love the animals ones in AK. They make me even more excited for my trip in less than 2 months :goodvibes

I LOVE your pictures! The sunset and nights pictures are fantastic, and I of course love the animals ones in AK. They make me even more excited for my trip in less than 2 months :goodvibes

Thanks!!! I'm so jealous that you will be at WDW soon. For the first time in a looong time, I have no trips planned in the foreseeable future. :sad2:

I had forgotten to mention that I had lunch at Tusker House & it was AWESOME. I loved everything I tried there. They had a white pearl couscous with basil that was tied for my favorite food of the entire trip.

IMG_4163.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4199.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4205.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

You guys may wonder why you see the safari sequence a few times. Well, I had to ride THREE times to get any good photos. The first time, they put me in the middle of 2 other parties of people & the second they put me next to a guy who was SO big that he literally blocked any chance of a good photo out one of the sides of the safari vehicle. Since it was late in the day, I was fortunate enough to be able to ride with a minimal wait.

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

Continued in next post...

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

I apologize for all of the cheetah photos- there are too many & a lot of them are blurry. It's just that I have never seen them awake & walking around, so I was excited to get the chance to take photos of them!
IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4238.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

Continued in next post....

IMG_4277.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4294.jpg

IMG_4301.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

I was so happy to see the female lion sitting up so I could get a good photo- I was totally unprepared for the male lion walking around after we turned the corner- it was awesome to see him while he wasn't asleep for a change!
IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_4343.jpg

IMG_4345.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4353.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

Continued in next post.....

IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4370.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4373.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4382.jpg

After the last safari, I took the bus back to YC & walked over to Epcot for dinner at La Hacienda. I have some photos that I took with my point and shoot camera, but I haven't uploaded them yet. I had the veggie tacos with roasted corn. The meal was pretty good, but the sauces that they give you with the tortilla chips are both horrendous.

That's all I have for now, but I will continue with Thursday as soon as I can. Have a great Holiday!:santa:

April, you can NEVER have too many pictures of giraffes. Or beautiful tigers. Or regal lions. They are just stunning.

I hope you have a great holiday, and look forward to more beautiful pictures.

April, you can NEVER have too many pictures of giraffes. Or beautiful tigers. Or regal lions. They are just stunning.

I hope you have a great holiday, and look forward to more beautiful pictures.

Thanks! I hope you have a wonderful holiday, too! :goodvibes

Best pictures I have ever seen of the safari! Boy that lion needs some meat on his bones. He is usually laying down in all the other pics I have seen so I didn't realize how skinny he is!

Loving this....popcorn::

Best pictures I have ever seen of the safari! Boy that lion needs some meat on his bones. He is usually laying down in all the other pics I have seen so I didn't realize how skinny he is!

Loving this....popcorn::

Thank you!! The lion does look pretty thin. I wonder how old he is. Disney should have a website that lists all of the animals at AK & their stats. Plus they could have cameras set up so people can check what their favorite animals are doing at any given time on any day. Wouldn't that be a fun site?? If they ever created that, I would never leave my PC! :rolleyes:

Wow, your photos are great, especially the ones of the male lion :) He looked like he was really active.

I love the pics of your pets with their holiday cheer :goodvibes I just took pics of mine last night to do something similiar. I'll be putting it in my PTR tonight or tomorrow.

How adorable...I love the card, April.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and a Happy and healthy New Year.

Thank you! Merry Christmas & a Happy & Healthy New Year to you and your family as well!!

Wow, your photos are great, especially the ones of the male lion :) He looked like he was really active.

Thank you!! I have NEVER seen the male lion do anything more than lift his head before, so I was really excited.

I love the pics of your pets with their holiday cheer :goodvibes I just took pics of mine last night to do something similiar. I'll be putting it in my PTR tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks! I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing the holiday photos of your pets!!

Fantastic pictures! The ones of the male lion are incredible...I couldn't get pics like that if I took the safari 12 times!!!
That would be so AWESOME if they had a website where you could watch the safari animals! You should sooo write them with that suggestion....I also would watch that all day, then probably get fired, then not be able to afford Disney any more...oh well, it would be worth it!! lol

I did hear that (I think from one of Lisa's - Mickeystoontown - trip reports) about Disney selling the little alligators :(
Kind of surprised they do that...I would rather not have the alligator display then to see them and know what's coming :scared1:

Love your Christmas card! too cute....you didn't include your turtle!??

Evening at EPCOT-

I would love to do the Behind the Seeds tour. Living with the Land is one of my favorite rides. The boys even like it, but I don't think they would be in favor of the tour. That may be a solo thing or maybe with my DH.

Oh, wow! The sunset, twilight and nighttime pictures are spectacular! I especially like the first one of the Christmas tree- the colors of the sky are so pretty. You really captured the World Showcase at a beautiful time.

Are those the Magic Kingdom fireworks in that last batch of photos? Where are you viewing those from?

From my room at the BC in 2010, I could see some of the Illuminations fireworks and I had a really decent view of Nightastic from MK.

Now off to start looking at your AK pictures.

Incredible animal pictures! The expressions on some of their faces are priceless.

The photos you got from the safari are unbelievable, especially since the vehicles usually don't stop to give you a chance to take decent shots.

Don't blame you for the cheetah pictures. I know they are very shy and can be hard to see on the safari. The other cat photos are fantastic, too- the tigers (love the ones with the tounge sticking out), great pictures of both the male and female lion. Four paws up!

The gorilla pictures are really interesting, too. Love the little baby with the cotton tail spot.

The closeup hippo picture you have from the first safari is another one of my favorites.

Your Christmas card is really cute!

The closest I could get to "Meowy Kiss-mouse" was this:

IMG_7420.jpg

But this is the sweetest picture I have of Monster Energy Cat and Oreo:

IMG_7780.jpg

Loving all of your photos !! Especially loved the lions !! Thanks for sharing ! Can't wait for more !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter