"I DO...want dessert" Our 10-Day DxDP Honeymoon-FINAL POST

Heather, I know you must be busy as both a newlywed and a preschool teacher but I sure hope that you can soon continue your reviews. I've been enjoying them so much!
Thanks for being patient and staying tuned! It's been a crazy week with school starting, but I will post the next review tomorrow. Promise!

Congratulations! How fun to do Disney on your honeymoon.
It was a blast. I'm ready to go back now!

Congratulations on your marriage! pixiedust: You and your new hubby are an adorable couple. God bless. :)

I'm enjoying your reviews and pics. I love the photo of the ray in post #116. Rays are so neat! I fell in love with them in Epcot outside the Crush attraction.

Thank you for your reviews! I have ADRs at many of the places you've been, so this is great! I especially love your descriptions of the restaurants themselves.

Congratulations on your marriage! pixiedust: You and your new hubby are an adorable couple. God bless. :)

I'm enjoying your reviews and pics. I love the photo of the ray in post #116. Rays are so neat! I fell in love with them in Epcot outside the Crush attraction.
Thank you! :goodvibes Have you ever eaten at Coral Reef? I'll bet you would love it!

Thank you for your reviews! I have ADRs at many of the places you've been, so this is great! I especially love your descriptions of the restaurants themselves.

Thanks for reading. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Thank you! :goodvibes Have you ever eaten at Coral Reef? I'll bet you would love it!

Yes, we ate there last year. Unfortunately, my DH's eye got badly injured the night before, so we were in a somber mood there. Our server was a dud personality-wise, and we were in the middle level. If we tried it again, I'd ask, and be willing to wait for, a table next to the tank.

Our food was pretty good; I wasn't crazy about my fish du jour, but the guys loved their steaks. Desserts were awesome; we had the chocolate wave and liqueur mousse you guys had too. My son ordered a butterscotch creme brulee that was out of this world.

This was the place that DH was most looking forward to. First of all, he wanted to check out WL. When we decided to bump up to a deluxe resort, it was between WL and AKL. We were looking forward to seeing what WL was all about. We really liked the feel of the resort, and would definitely stay here in the future if given the opportunity. Secondly, he thought the food sounded very wholesome and "meaty" (his words, not mine :lmao:).

We really liked the feel of the restaurant, and it was very quiet and kind of dark when we got there. A window seat would've been nice, but we were seated toward the middle of the dining room, which was fine. Our server was very friendly and offered his opinion on the different dishes offered.

For my appetizer, I got the mussels.
Honeymoon293.jpg

Although I enjoyed them, they were nowhere near as awesome as the mussels I had at Jiko. These had a different flavor (a little spicer). I love spicy foods, but the Jiko mussels were a huge step over these.

DH got some sort of a beef short rib.
Honeymoon292.jpg

He said it was absolutely delicious...one of the best appetizers he had while on our trip. (The best non-seafood appetizer.) He loved the sauce, the tenderness of the beef, and even the presentation.

For my entree, I got our server's recommendation of the scallops.
Honeymoon295.jpg

My original plan was to get the cedar plank salmon, but I had fish for lunch at Coral Reef. I chose to go with the scallops, and I have to say I was a little disappointed. They didn't have much flavor to me. Also, the broth that our server raved about tasted like watered down chicken stock to me (sorry :scared1:). If we go back, I will definitely get the salmon.

DH got the bison.
Honeymoon294.jpg

Looks a little strange? Well yes...he asked for mashed potatoes instead of rice. And they decided to hold everything except the meat and potatoes. :rotfl: You would think a non-veggie guy would be totally cool with this, but he was actually a little disappointed. Not that he would've even eaten the veggies, I think it just took away a little from the overall presentation. He thought the bison was good, but he was very disappointed. He thought there would be a much different (perhaps gamey-er if that's even a word) taste. He was bummed that it tasted no different than your typical sirloin steak. He's glad he tried it, but would order something different if we returned.

For dessert, I got the berry cobbler.
Honeymoon296.jpg

It was good, but not my favorite dessert of the trip. I think I was slightly bothered by the grittiness of the seeds from some of the berries. The white chocolate ice cream was the best part. If you enjoy fruit desserts, and are a fan of all types of berries, this is a great dessert to try.

DH got the vanilla chocolate terrine.
Honeymoon297.jpg

Neither of us remember much about this dessert. I'm sure it was good, but they all kinda run together after a while! :confused3 I DO know that I loved the hazlenut brittle that was on top.

I would recommend Artist Point for anyone who wants to get off the beaten path for a nice, quiet, relaxing dinner. We both enjoyed it and would return to try different entrees.

Next up: Boma breakfast

Yes, we ate there last year. Unfortunately, my DH's eye got badly injured the night before, so we were in a somber mood there. Our server was a dud personality-wise, and we were in the middle level. If we tried it again, I'd ask, and be willing to wait for, a table next to the tank.

Our food was pretty good; I wasn't crazy about my fish du jour, but the guys loved their steaks. Desserts were awesome; we had the chocolate wave and liqueur mousse you guys had too. My son ordered a butterscotch creme brulee that was out of this world.
Too bad about your previous Coral Reef experience. A server (and an injury, for that matter) can definitely make or break a meal. Give it another shot if you can. We really loved it.

Joining in! Great reviews so far!

Thanks for reading!

Okay, I'll admit the DxDP has officially defeated us!

DH was so tired (or full) from eating all this food, that he didn't eat much breakfast today.

I love breakfast so I ate some, but not as much as other mornings.

The best thing about Boma was that we didn't have to get anywhere via bus, boat, taxi, monorail, etc. by a certain time. It was blissful to be able to sleep in a bit (well, until 7am) and just make our way downstairs to breakfast. After this trip, I am a HUGE advocate of eating breakfast at your own resort before you head out for the day (or else eat at a park).

Boma was a cool breakfast. It reminded me a lot of Tusker House with the mixture of traditional breakfast foods and more ethnic specialties. I did not stray too far from the traditional eggs, waffles, etc. that I love so much. I have come to realize that I am not too adventurous early in the morning ;).

I would recommend this buffet to anyone who is staying at AKL, or who is going to AK for the day and wants to take a detour for breakfast. Other than that, I would just go somewhere that's a little more convenient.

One last thing (and this is going to sound really grumpy)...It was really nice to have a character-free breakfast today :eek:. I'm sure many won't understand, but as 2 adults it was really nice to just sit, relax, eat, and not have to speak to anyone (or say "cheese") while enjoying our breakfast.

Up next: Flame Tree

We did Boma on our recent trip for breakfast and like you, I wasn't very adventurous with the choices.

I'm enjoying your review. Many of your restaurants we also tried so it is interesting reading others' reviews and their opinions.

We did Boma on our recent trip for breakfast and like you, I wasn't very adventurous with the choices.

I'm enjoying your review. Many of your restaurants we also tried so it is interesting reading others' reviews and their opinions.

Thanks for reading. I'm reading your reviews, as well:). It's very interesting to read different people's opinions of the same restaurant.

Okay, I gotta tell you...

As crazy as this sounds, we rearranged our entire dining schedule to fit in Flame Tree. It was closing for refurb the day we were originally planning to go there, so we changed everything up.

Flame Tree is our all-time favorite CS dining location. It is simply fabulous to us.

We love everything from the food to the beautiful waterfront seating areas.

DH got the pulled pork and baked beans and loved both. Honestly, I was hoping he would whip out his "no veggies" card so I could get the beans, but no such luck :confused:.

He got the Key Lime mousse for dessert. It was here, at Flame Tree, a year ago, that he came to realize his love of Key Lime pie. Much to his dismay, they changed the pir over to a mousse. He enjoyed it, but I know he secretly longed for the pie :love:.

I got the smoked turkey breast sandwich. I get this everytime I come here, and I love it every time. It is simple and good. The cole slaw was good too, but man, I really wish I'd gotten those beans ;). I got the Key Lime mousse, too. I thought it was delish.

Ahhh. I love Flame Tree.

Next up: Narcoosies

I just found your DR and I am enjoying it a lot! Congrats on the nuptials!

I totally agree that CP is the best breakfast! I dream about that Puffed French Toast! Would you mind sharing where you found the recipe?

I just found your DR and I am enjoying it a lot! Congrats on the nuptials!

I totally agree that CP is the best breakfast! I dream about that Puffed French Toast! Would you mind sharing where you found the recipe?

Puffed French Toast
Crystal Palace -- Magic Kingdom

Ingredients:
2 whole eggs
2-1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk
1 cup flour
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
12 slices Texas style toast, cut in half diagonally
cinnamon sugar mixture (4 teaspoons cinnamon + 3/4 cup granulated sugar)

Mix eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, and milk until blended. Slowly add flour and baking powder; mix until smooth. Dip bread in batter. Fry in hot skillet with 1" oil until browned.
Drain on paper towels; roll in sugar mix

Just got through reading all your reviews (so far). Really enjoying it! We'll be married 2 years by the time our trip comes around in December, but we are considering it our official honeymoon, since we never took one. We'll be doing dinner at Rose & Crown and we're definitely going to Flametree, so those reviews were very helpful :goodvibes Congrats on your marriage! I'm looking forward to the rest of the reviews.

Just got through reading all your reviews (so far). Really enjoying it! We'll be married 2 years by the time our trip comes around in December, but we are considering it our official honeymoon, since we never took one. We'll be doing dinner at Rose & Crown and we're definitely going to Flametree, so those reviews were very helpful :goodvibes Congrats on your marriage! I'm looking forward to the rest of the reviews.

Thanks and (a belated) congratulations to you, too! I know you'll have a completely awesome time. If you can, get a "Just Married" button and wear it for the first few days, at least. You will get many little surprises to make you smile.

Enjoy Rose & Crown and Flame Tree. Mail me some toffee pudding, if you can! ;)

Since we live at the beach, we LOVE seafood. It is because of this that Narcoosees was another restaurant we were really looking forward to. We rode the boat over from MK, and it was a lovely ride. When we got to Narcoosies, we were given a pager and went outside to wait. Although we had to wait for 20 minutes or so, it is a beautiful location. Sitting down and relaxing while looking at the Castle, Space Mountain, and the Contemporary wasn't all that bad. ;)

Once we were seated, we were presented with personalized menus. It was then time for the decision-making...

For an appetizer, I got the shrimp and crab chowder.
Honeymoon319.jpg

Oh. My. God. This was so freakin good. I love creamy soups, and cream of crab is my favorite, but this was simply perfect. There were big chunks of crab and shrimp, and it was rich, but not overly so.

DH got the king crab legs.
Honeymoon318.jpg

He absolutely loved these. He was so happy and enjoyed every morsel. He was so stoked that this was only the appetizer! He didn't know such a spectacular appetizer even existed. :thumbsup2

We both got the same entree (gasp! :scared1:), the surf and turf.
Honeymoon320.jpg

I was very torn on my entree selection because I had read so many bad surf and turf reviews. Since I hardly ever get to try lobster, but I wasn't sure if I would totally like it, I went with this entree. I figured if I hated the lobster, I would like the filet. I was pleasantly surprised! The lobster was very tasty. Not a Maryland blue crab, mind you, but tasty. ;) The filet was perfect. It was way too much food for me, so I ended up giving some to DH. Can you believe he ate every piece of meat?!? :confused: How did he do that? He loved it, too.

For dessert, I got the gelato.
Honeymoon322.jpg

I have a confession to make... When we sat down, we walked past a table that was being cleared. On that table was this cute little rectangular platter with 4 little tiny square bowls. I thought it was so cool looking, I based my dessert choice on my goal of having these bowls served to me. And...they were! :) I thought they were so cool. A little tiny spoon in each one, too! (I'm thinking perhaps food overload was setting in.) The flavors were pistachio (yummy, yummy), chocolate (mmmm, mmmm), cappuccino (good), and raspberry (didn't even try it). It was a really good and refreshing dessert.

DH got the creme brulee duo.
Honeymoon323.jpg

This was two separate dishes of creme brulee: one key lime and one coconut. He loves key lime and I love coconut, so it was the perfect dessert to share. He ate a few bites, but I pretty much polished it off for us. (So yes, for those of you who are keeping track, that's pretty much 3 desserts in my belly after an enormous dinner. Awwww yeah!:cool1:

Narcoosees was one of my favorite dining experiences of the trip. As with other meals, this one was extremely slow (about 2 1/2 hours). It was very cool to step outside and see the SummerNightastic fireworks from a different perspective. I enjoyed everything immensly and would definitely go back. It's no wonder this is a signature dining experience. I recommend this restaurant to anyone, especially couples looking for a nice, romantic meal. Spectacular!
Honeymoon321.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter