• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I do not know what to do

wisegal

Mouseketeer
Part of the group i was going with in Sept had to cancel their trip do to finances. I had made our ADRs for a group of 12 and now there are only 6 of us. if i change the # of people on the ADR I have to change the times and everything and possible the places. I was hoping that the dining people could just change the number of people and we would be able to keep the same times, however this is not the case. What would you do? Should I keep it as a party of 12 and just show up with 6 or try to get a whole new set of ADRs?

Thanks
Nicole

I would not suggest booking for 12 and then showing up with half that many persons. Going one or two up or down may not be a problem, but showing up six down might be. Try to change the reservations. If you can't change them, you can try just showing up, but the restaurant may make you wait for another table.

I would suggest you go online and try to reschedule as many as possible for 6 people and then cancel the 12 person adrs. Or... you could call and hopefully get a wonderful CM to help you through this process. Good luck. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear (probably), but it is probably the best route for you to take. Maybe you will end up with even better ADR's due to other cancellations!!!!

That's a big difference. That's one reason when I go with a big bunch. I make everybody make there own. I would go on line a try to reschedule.
Good Luck.:thumbsup2

Because of the way their system is , I would show up with 6. There will be a walk up people to fill your empty seats and I bet you make their day!

I can't believe they would make you cancel your ADR's and start again! Did they really say this??? :confused3
You want to do the right thing and NOT show up with just half your party, but their system is almost forcing you do to this. I would also recommend you try to get ADR's for 6 people online, but if you can't get the ones you want, then leave your ADR's for 12 as is. It's not your fault and as a PP said, you will be making someone's day!

I believe I read somewhere on this board that if you double book, your reservations get automatically cancelled. I would call and ask them

If you don't mind sharing your table and ADR's, then you might also try posting them and see if there are people out there that would want to join you. Just specificy any restrictions (no kids, with kids, etc...).

I would not suggest booking for 12 and then showing up with half that many persons. Going one or two up or down may not be a problem, but showing up six down might be. Try to change the reservations. If you can't change them, you can try just showing up, but the restaurant may make you wait for another table.
I agree.

See what you can get. Now that you can do the looking online by yourself it's much easier to 'shop around' for ADRs. Maybe you can replace some or all of them with acceptable times for a party of 6. If you can't, then you can try showing up and letting them know that not everyone can make it. I think usually with such large parties you're either seated at two tables or they have to move tables together to seat everyone anyway. Maybe they will be willing to seat you at one table for 6 and give the other table to walk-ups. Good luck, I hope you can work it out to your satisfaction. :goodvibes

Thanks for all the responses. I just got off the phone with a very nice cast member :thumbsup2 who was able to change the number of people on the ressie. I was able to keep the times and places I had booked.:goodvibes

Thanks for all the responses. I just got off the phone with a very nice cast member :thumbsup2 who was able to change the number of people on the ressie. I was able to keep the times and places I had booked.:goodvibes

I'm so happy to hear that. I'm having the same problem. I've booked a Grand Gathering for 10. Now my party doesn't know if they are going. So my party would go down to a party of 4. I was lucky enough to get all the ADR's and times I wanted. I would HATE to have to loose all that hard work.

Glad it worked out for you.

That's great you were able to keep your times for all your ADR...you actually made 6 people happy b/c they were able to get ADR for the ones you have changed so think that you gave someone an ADR they wanted. Have a magical trip.

Congrats! Its so much less stressful if you have correct ADRs then arriving and being turned away for having so many of your party absent. Never know it may have worked but now you do not have to worry about it. :)

dont just show up with 6 for a party of 12. often they will charge you for the half of the party that didnt show. i would change as much as possible. also dont forget that a part of 6 or more is often charged a 18% gratuity. even if your on 2 different dining pans. they charge this for how many you sit at a table

I can't believe they would make you cancel your ADR's and start again! Did they really say this??? :confused3
You want to do the right thing and NOT show up with just half your party, but their system is almost forcing you do to this. I would also recommend you try to get ADR's for 6 people online, but if you can't get the ones you want, then leave your ADR's for 12 as is. It's not your fault and as a PP said, you will be making someone's day!

Yes, it's because 10 or more is a group ADR -- less than 10 is a regular ADR. I second the advice re not just showing up with less people. We had a group ADR in Feb. and I asked what would happen if some didn't show up. It may have been just because it was Akershus, but they told us we'd be charged a fee for each place that wasn't used.

I would def. start booking ADR's online. That really is the only way around this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter