I didn't think it was abig deal, you only choked once!! Update 9/18 final thoughts

love the pictures of MK and especially love the Flag ceremony. DH and I saw it for the first time last October and thought it was very moving. Of course, nothing is so annoying during a ceremony like this when people act very un-Disney and talk and act really disrespectful! of course, I was doing my very best mother glare at them and added a few "shushes" and some people finally stopped talking and paid attention. I think it would be awesome if you could get Josh signed up!

love the pictures of MK and especially love the Flag ceremony. DH and I saw it for the first time last October and thought it was very moving. Of course, nothing is so annoying during a ceremony like this when people act very un-Disney and talk and act really disrespectful! of course, I was doing my very best mother glare at them and added a few "shushes" and some people finally stopped talking and paid attention. I think it would be awesome if you could get Josh signed up!

That's too sad about the people talking :sad2:

I loved the ceremony and we are going to try our best to get him signed up! He was part of the Honor Guard in the Air Force so he loves this kind of thing!

My dad took a picture of me sleeping in the car the other day so I think I owe him some payback! He better watch out because we will be going to the American Adventure! :laughing:

:rotfl2: Oh, you wait - he'll find a way to get out of that! Your mom and dad will get in their seats and then suddenly both of them will need the nearest restroom. Oh yeah - Its ON!

I am such a newbie at this! I have totally been reading your trip report but have not posted since at the beginning! Now I am trying to PM you and I have to have 10 posts!! I only have 8 -- how sad! So.... this will be my 9th and then I'm going to post right after this and that will be my 10th!! Whoohoo!! Can ya tell, I really don't want to miss Facebook updates!! Looking forward to living through y'all"!! :) Okay.... see ya next post!!

Hey! It's me again!! Wanted to tell y'all that while we were at Disney the last week of July we saw Pumpkin Man!! I knew about him from your last trip report and had seen his picture in your report! We were walking right in front of the Castle and I recognized him! He was actually helping a cast member with a little lost girl, talking to her and asking her to describe her mom! It was so sweet!! The mom showed up while we were still there, within like five minutes. That was really cool!!
Oh, and I seriously think my 9 year old took a picture of me "resting my eyes" on COP this last trip! I'm going to look to see if I can find it!! :) Too funny!

We want to do this trip justice though and there were some drama filled moments on the last couple days so we have to keep suspense up for those

Oohhh, More drama! The suspense is killing me! :laughing:

Lapu Lapu my dad likes it but likes the Backscratcher better

Ah! So that's the famous Lapu Lapu. Yes, of course I've heard of it, just never seen it. Hmm.... I need to get out more.

I am so looking forward to one of these babies in three or four days

Order one for me and mail it up here would'ja? I'll pay ya back double! ;)

Hey! the last week of July we saw Pumpkin Man!! I knew about him from your last trip report and had seen his picture in your report! We were walking right in front of the Castle and I recognized him! He was actually helping a cast member with a little lost girl, talking to her and asking her to describe her mom!

The Pumpkin Man??

:rotfl2: Oh, you wait - he'll find a way to get out of that! Your mom and dad will get in their seats and then suddenly both of them will need the nearest restroom. Oh yeah - Its ON!
:laughing: We will see those chairs are pretty comfortable :laughing:

I am such a newbie at this! I have totally been reading your trip report but have not posted since at the beginning! Now I am trying to PM you and I have to have 10 posts!! I only have 8 -- how sad! So.... this will be my 9th and then I'm going to post right after this and that will be my 10th!! Whoohoo!! Can ya tell, I really don't want to miss Facebook updates!! Looking forward to living through y'all"!! :) Okay.... see ya next post!!
Thank you for reading along!

I post a ton on Facebook and I also upload pics and videos :thumbsup2

Hey! It's me again!! Wanted to tell y'all that while we were at Disney the last week of July we saw Pumpkin Man!! I knew about him from your last trip report and had seen his picture in your report! We were walking right in front of the Castle and I recognized him! He was actually helping a cast member with a little lost girl, talking to her and asking her to describe her mom! It was so sweet!! The mom showed up while we were still there, within like five minutes. That was really cool!!
Oh, and I seriously think my 9 year old took a picture of me "resting my eyes" on COP this last trip! I'm going to look to see if I can find it!! :) Too funny!

That is so cool! He is a DIScelebrity now :laughing: Such a nice story and who wouldn't trust a man wearing a pumpkin hat :laughing:

It is nice to sleep in that air conditioning after a long day at the parks!

Oohhh, More drama! The suspense is killing me! :laughing:

This one ruins part of the trip for somone :rolleyes1

Ah! So that's the famous Lapu Lapu. Yes, of course I've heard of it, just never seen it. Hmm.... I need to get out more.

It's okay we won't throw you in DISjail this time :thumbsup2

Order one for me and mail it up here would'ja? I'll pay ya back double! ;)
If there was a way to package it so it wouldn't melt I would definitely do that for you!

The Pumpkin Man??

In my trip last year we met this man who I have seen on a couple trip reports. He wears a pumpkin hat and can usually be seen dressed in Disney clothes in the Magic Kingdom. We had a lunch reservation at the Plaza and he did too so we were able to talk to him and I got a picture with him :cutie:

disney20102840.jpg

Great update!
Except that lapu lapu and Dole Whip Float are making me drool...

And was the teriyaki steak really that good?
We're planning a stop at Kona for the first time this November and that's what I had my eye on...

Great update!
Except that lapu lapu and Dole Whip Float are making me drool...

And was the teriyaki steak really that good?
We're planning a stop at Kona for the first time this November and that's what I had my eye on...

Thank you!
:laughing: We will have them in your honor in a few days!!!
Yes it was my mom was sitting next to me when I was writing the update and was still commenting on it. In fact it was what we would have been eating one night if we hadn't gotten an Ohana ressie this morning!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you!
:laughing: We will have them in your honor in a few days!!!
Yes it was my mom was sitting next to me when I was writing the update and was still commenting on it. In fact it was what we would have been eating one night if we hadn't gotten an Ohana ressie this morning!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

We actually gave up our 'Ohana ADR for November in order to book Kona.
Mom wanted to try it (since we've never been) and, as horrible as this sounds, wasn't impressed with 'Ohana last time around.
I know, she's crazy but what can I do?

We actually gave up our 'Ohana ADR for November in order to book Kona.
Mom wanted to try it (since we've never been) and, as horrible as this sounds, wasn't impressed with 'Ohana last time around.
I know, she's crazy but what can I do?

I didn't use to be a big fan of Ohana but when we went last August I loved it and I needed to go back for those potstickers!

I also thought Josh would love it since he is a huge meat eater and would love the steak!

Kona should be a good replacement though they have some similar foods and that steak is way better than the one at Ohana!

Hey Everybody!! I hope all of you are having a good weekend! For those of you along the Eastern Seaboard we are thinking of you and hoping you're safe and sound! :goodvibes

So do you know what we're doing tomorrow? WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!! :banana::woohoo::yay::cool1:

We are so excited! And so ready!! In honor of our trip we're having a special dinner today. We've planned a "pirate party" which includes jerk chicken and some pirate approved beverages ;) I've gotten little gifts for everyone too. Just some things they can use or "trade" on our trip. Following our meal we will watch the original Pirates of the Caribbean movie :) It should be fun but more importantly it should help kill time on what will seem like an endless day :laughing

But for now let's get back to May.....

When Caitlin left off we had watched the flag ceremony (which moved me to tears! but I seem to cry a lot at Disney :laughing:) We then went back to the resort and rested a bit and changed our clothes. When we were all ready to go we boarded a bus back to the Magic Kingdom. You see, we had a party to attend. We were attending the Wishes Dessert Party for the second time. If you read our last TR we had done the party and loved it so much we booked it again for May. (and if I'd had my way we'd be going again this week but I was voted down :mad:)

IMO there is no better way to experience Wishes then at the Dessert Party. Wonderful view, no crowds and all the yummy desserts you can eat. It really doesn't get much better!

Here is the view from our table...
disneyday6332.jpg

As you can see, it wasn't quite dark yet so we had plenty of time to enjoy the desserts before the entertainment began.

Here are some of the wonderful things we had to choose from....
MMmmm! My favorite...
disneyday6334.jpg

disneyday6335.jpg

disneyday6336.jpg

Dale's favorite...
disneyday6337.jpg

When he was grabbing 2 or 3 of those babies he started talking to the CM and she shared some note-worthy party info. She told him to take as many of those as he wanted because they don't get replenished. She told him that "the best stuff" is put out at the beginning of the party and when it's gone they replace with the "cheaper stuff".

disneyday6339.jpg

disneyday6341.jpg

A little something for the health conscious
disneyday6344.jpg

disneyday6345.jpg

After we stuffed ourselves it was time for the show to get started...
I cannot wait to see this castle tomorrow :lovestruc
disneyday6349.jpg

disneyday6766.jpg

disneyday6352.jpg

**continued next post

First up was the new to us Memories Show. This was cool but would be better viewed from up close as you can't really make out the photos from the Terrace.

disneyday6401.jpg

disneyday6410.jpg

disneyday6424.jpg

Then it was time for Wishes!!

disneyday6557.jpg

disneyday6563.jpg

disneyday6572.jpg

disneyday6573.jpg

disneyday6575.jpg

disneyday6642.jpg

disneyday6643.jpg

Pictures can't really do Wishes justice but I still think Dale and Caitlin got some good shots!

After the show was over our plan was to hop on the POR bus and go over and see YeeHaw Bob's show. That was our plan until we saw the insane line for their bus. We decided to skip it and just head back to SSR.

When we got back we stopped at the Artist's Palette and Dale bought a bottle of beer and we filled our mugs with coke and we went back to the room and watched some tv before falling off to sleep.

Here are pics of Caitlin's trades for the day....

One of my favorite Disney heroes
disneyday7003.jpg

She was super excited about Mr. Pricklepants!
disneyday7005.jpg

Ok now I have a little assignment for y'all. You all know it's Josh's first visit to WDW. I want to know what you feel he MUST SEE!

Thanks!

Yay, you are leaving tomorrow!

All of those desserts look really good. Yum.

Caitlin always finds cute pins. I love the Mrs. Potato Head and Mr. Pricklepants.

Hmm, as for Josh...I think he must see BTMRR since that's a classic and I'll always remember it as my first roller coaster. Also maybe some of the Fantasyland stuff-also classics. :thumbsup2 And make sure to ride a monorail! I could think of a lot more but I'll let some other people give suggestions. :laughing:

Yay, you are leaving tomorrow!

All of those desserts look really good. Yum.

Caitlin always finds cute pins. I love the Mrs. Potato Head and Mr. Pricklepants.

Hmm, as for Josh...I think he must see BTMRR since that's a classic and I'll always remember it as my first roller coaster. Also maybe some of the Fantasyland stuff-also classics. :thumbsup2 And make sure to ride a monorail! I could think of a lot more but I'll let some other people give suggestions. :laughing:

I'm not a big eater but I love that dessert party! Everything is so good!

She has eyes like a hawk when it comes to those pins :laughing:

Great tips thanks! Since we're renting a car his first Disney ride will be the monorail and I'm pretty sure he'll love it :thumbsup2

Great update before you leave for your next trip. I think it feels like you just got back - :rotfl:

That was an awesome seat for Wishes. How did you rate a table with no heads?

So what do I think are Josh's must dos?

Well - I think for any first trip he most start off with a full MK day beginning with rope drop. then he must head straight for Space Mountain. I think it's so Disney - opening ceremony, castle, space mountain. Love that!

If he likes thrill rides then he must do all the big ticket rides.

Of course - he must do IASW and Haunted Mansion, pirates, and Jungle cruise.

At Epcot Spaceship Earth is essential in addition to the obvious rides.

He must enjoy a margarita at the Ditch (Dale we like that).

Oh - there is just way too much - he is going to love it!

Have a great trip!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Great update before you leave for your next trip. I think it feels like you just got back - :rotfl:

That was an awesome seat for Wishes. How did you rate a table with no heads?

So what do I think are Josh's must dos?

Well - I think for any first trip he most start off with a full MK day beginning with rope drop. then he must head straight for Space Mountain. I think it's so Disney - opening ceremony, castle, space mountain. Love that!

If he likes thrill rides then he must do all the big ticket rides.

Of course - he must do IASW and Haunted Mansion, pirates, and Jungle cruise.

At Epcot Spaceship Earth is essential in addition to the obvious rides.

He must enjoy a margarita at the Ditch (Dale we like that).

Oh - there is just way too much - he is going to love it!

Have a great trip!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

We had great tables both times we were there but when it's time for the fireworks everyone just stands at the rails and it's never crowded. So much better than being in a crowd on Main St :thumbsup2

Great ideas for Josh. :thumbsup2 You are so right that Dale can't wait to take him to the Ditch. He's so excited to have a WDW drinking buddy :laughing:

Thanks! We will :goodvibes

I love your update on wishes dessert party. We are very much looking towards ours this Sept. We'll be celebrating DS's birday. I figure it's much more economical than ordering a cake (which I love also). I also love to avoid crowd and get yummy desserts.

As for homework, DS really enjoyed his first visit to MK via boat from TTC. He loved the fact that the castle gets closer, you could see the excitement build up! It was priceless to see the expression!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter