I didn't know they added gratuity to every bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finally08

DIS Veteran
I knew when you had a party of 6 or more the 18% gratuity would automatically be added to the bill, I was even told that when I booked a table for 6 recently for our trip. So we did two meals with big groups, one was the group of 6, another there were about 20 of us at Chef Mickey's - I knew my bill had the tip added on those receipts.

Well, our first day there just myself dd and my sister (3 of us!) decided last minute to eat at 50's prime time since we were able to get right in. When the waitress brought me my ticket I added the tip of just over $8 to the bill and went on. Now today as I look through my receipts to see what cleared my bank I see that she had already added the 18% on to my bill before I paid...which meant she got double tipped to the rate of $17. How lovely.

Is this new??

That's weird, we've never had it added to our bill. They usually have the suggested tip on there, but not automaticly added. I'll be sure and watch for that.:confused3

I would call the CC company and fight the charge, that is CRAP IMHO!!!

All this instant tipping is bunk, work for it THEN we will talk a tip!!!

Uh, oh, I better keep an eye on that!!! As the PP said, we have gotten our bill, which had the suggested tip amts on it, then I picked which one (I think you could put in your own amt, too). I never looked closely at my statement when we got back, so who knows, that might have happened to me, too.

Thanks for letting us know!

Parties of 6 or more and those using the Tables in Wonderland card have an 18% gratuity added to their bill. This was new as of January 1, 2008.

I am closing this thread and referring you to The Disney Tipping Info Thread found HERE, as we limit all tipping discussion on the Restaurant Board to that thread.

:goodvibes

Experts please let me know ----- We will be 4 adults , 1 -4 yr. old & 1 - 2 yr old ---- Does that count as 6 . for Disney adding the tip to my bill ? :confused:

When you made your ADRs, did you make them for a party of 6? Then yes...its considered a party of 6. If you didn't make it for a party of 6... I'm not sure?

If there are 6 bodies at the table - even if there is a non-eating infant, then the gratuity is added.

Thank you - It is clear now --- but one more ? Does it count if *** me & dh are on one dining plan/room & DD , DSIl & 2 - GC (the 2 & 4 yr) are in another room/with dp ---- I am not trying to get out of paying anything - just don't want us 4 Adults to 'double tip " ....Thanks again ...:confused:

Parties of 6 or more and those using the Tables in Wonderland card have an 18% gratuity added to their bill. This was new as of January 1, 2008.

I am closing this thread and referring you to The Disney Tipping Info Thread found HERE, as we limit all tipping discussion on the Restaurant Board to that thread.

:goodvibes

I combined the second tipping thread with the one from earlier today. Just repeating my post from earlier so newbies can see it as well. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter